The Class Specific Set MP Group

Guess it's time. Maxi does all the dishes because he was the first to give in :)

Code:
Name           Character        Set            Build                     Current Level        Merc
____           _________        _____          _____                     _____________        ________

maxicek        Antiope          Mavina’s       FA + MS ?                 0                    Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz        Trans-Owl        Trang-Oul’s    Necrosorcvampire          0                    A3 Cold & sanctuary ?

I have a fire necro glasscannon with as many +all skills as possible in mind, with very high level LR curse. Finally something to use all those vexing GC's on.

Not set on the merc yet, but I dont really want anything with curses and always wanted to try the defensive potential of the a3 merc. Tell me if sanctuary KB would be too bothersome for you.

edit: Patriarch Logan can lend his 4os Caduceus to someone, its curently ShaelShaelShaelShael

I have a couple of 4os Gris Caddy to spare if needed.

Code:
Name           Character        Set               Build                     Current Level        Merc
____           _________        _____             _____                     _____________        ________

maxicek        Antiope          Mavina’s          FA + MS ?                 0                    Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz        Trans-Owl        Trang-Oul’s       Necrosorc                 0                    A3 Cold & sanctuary ?
ffs            Spectre          Natalya's         Whirling Trapper          0                    Might, weapon TBD

First draft:
Nat's helm – ED/adds jewel
Nat's armor – ED/adds jewel x3
Nat's boots
Nat's claw – socket TBD (maybe ED jewel, Ohm or Ber)
Chaos – currently my only one is in Suwayyah with 350 ED roll, but no + skills
Highlord's
Raven
2nd ring TBD – maybe BKWB or rare with something like dmg/AR/stats/resists
SoE
LoH

Inventory: Not sure yet whether Sharp or Entrapping GCs.

Build: 20 Claw Mastery, ~10 Weapon Block, 20 DS, 20 LS, rest other LS synergies

I made this WW Sin last year with max DS and Venom. Repeating this with Nat's set would just result in even lower damage :D so I'm leaning towards a WW/LS hybrid, focusing a little more on the Trap side at least in terms of build. Not sure yet whether inventory and Merc weapon should be used to further boost traps or to increase WW damage...

Both gear and build subject to change, though. I may even end up going the Bear route (and/or Venom). If anyone has ideas or suggestions, don't hold back. :) Maybe some other build altogether, though I think I like either WW or Bear for this.

^^ nope, I try to limit the number of pets for MP anyways, it tends to cause problems with lagging other people and it can get confusing really fast with all those skellies on screen.

I want to build fireball/firewall/meteor necro with massive lower resist curse and either fire golem or insight iron golem

I replaced the whitespaces with tabulators, please use them instead:

Code:
Name            Character               Set                     Build                   Current Level           Merc
____            _________               _____                   _____                   _____________           ________

maxicek         Antiope                 Mavina’s                FA + MS ?               0                       Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz         Trans-Owl               Trang-Oul’s             Necrosorc               0                       A3 Cold & sanctuary ?
ffs             Spectre                 Natalya's               Whirling Trapper        0                       Might, weapon TBD
d2lover         Trang-Oul               Trangs                  Zoomancer               50 act1 hell            to be done

edit: oh never mind, the forum doesn't like multiple tabulators...

Code:
Name            Character               Set                     Build                   Current Level           Merc
____            _________               _____                   _____                   _____________           ________

maxicek         Antiope                 Mavina’s                FA + MS ?               0                       Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz         Trans-Owl               Trang-Oul’s             Necrosorc               0                       A3 Cold & sanctuary ?
ffs             Spectre                 Natalya's               Whirling Trapper        0                       Might, weapon TBD
d2lover         Trang-Oul               Trangs                  Zoomancer               50 act1 hell            to be done
D2DC            Griswold                Griswold's              Min-dmg Avenger         58 A3 NM                'Faith' Rogue?

I know @saracen85 has built several min-dmg Pally's. I am wondering what I should be filling all the Gris sockets with? I have quite a few 8+ to min jewels, I am wondering if there are any other needs to be met, or just stick as much +min as possible? Any that have +ED% go in the Caddy, right? Also wondering if I should save 1 or 2 of these jewels for a "better" build (see: Spatha Luz..).

Code:
Wraith Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xdc39df1b
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
22% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1 - 44 Lightning Damage
Fire Resist +23%

Storm Eye
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8a5ce9b5
+9 to Minimum Damage
+55 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +9%
Attacker Takes Damage of 1

Stone Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x2b651b53
Item Level: 38
Version: Expansion
+10 to Minimum Damage
Adds 9 - 14 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+31 Defense
+10 to Mana

Dread Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe7401727
+10 to Minimum Damage
Adds 20 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Attacker Takes Damage of 4

Wraith Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xc67833be
+8 to Minimum Damage
+5 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +16%

Viper Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xf302a013
Item Level: 81
Adds 8 - 4 Damage
+26 to Attack Rating
Heal Stamina Plus 11%

Raven Whorl
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x51eaa1c1
Item Level: 59
+10 to Minimum Damage
+3 to Life
Fire Resist +7%

Plague Eye
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf14e1734
Item Level: 64
29% Enhanced Damage
Adds 9 - 3 Damage

Grim Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x11be12d4
Item Level: 75
+14 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Energy
+2 to Mana after each Kill 

Ghoul Eye
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x405d2538
+7 to Minimum Damage
Adds 7 - 23 Fire Damage
+5 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +29%

Rune Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x4087e520
Adds 9 - 9 Damage
+6 Defense
+3 to Mana after each Kill

Storm Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x583d66f3
+8 to Minimum Damage
Adds 2 - 7 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+5 to Strength
Poison Resist +14%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Dread Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1639c3c9
Item Level: 38
Adds 8 - 2 Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Skull Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x7459ebe9
Item Level: 74
+9 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Attack Rating
+8 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +9%
Requirements -15%

Viper Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x3fd6cced
Item Level: 74
Adds 10 - 9 Damage
Adds 1 - 97 Lightning Damage
+10 Maximum Stamina

Stone Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x12fe7b4b
+18 to Minimum Damage
+8 to Strength
+9 to Dexterity

Reactions: ffs
@PhineasB please confirm you still go for the aldurs bear. If not, I'll take this slot to un-duplicate the necro in this group. Otherwise I just stick to the original plan.

Sorc & Barb not getting any love here, I guess those are the ones everyone does first. I did WW Barb last year, so I don't want to repeat it so soon.
I can also do the bear if someone wants to take the Amazon instead.

I'd do them gladly but I did them first - if this becoms a sept I already played sorc and barb last groups :D :D

Reactions: maxicek
Actually, I can do a Sorc if you want to go the Druid route. I have dual nova build in mind and Tal’s Set works reasonably well for that and wouldn’t be too OP for MP session I think. That will avoid duplicating character class.

Reactions: skiffcz and maxicek
My ocd is stronger here than my aversion for druids :D If that truly would not bother you to take the sorc then I'll go with aldurs and we still have 1 char per class

edit: I take your thumbs up as "go". I burned all my HR's on this so far, time to burn all my fire facets :p
edit2: updating the table
Code:
Name          Character          Set                 Build                 Current Level         Merc
____          _________          ___                 _____                 _____________         ____

maxicek       Antiope            Mavina’s            FA + MS ?             0                     Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz       Rudla              Aldur’s             Fire                  0                     A3 Cold & sanctuary ?
ffs           Spectre            Natalya's           Whirling Trapper      0                     Might, weapon TBD
d2lover       Trang-Oul          Trangs              Zoomancer             50 act1 hell          to be done
D2DC          Griswold           Griswold's          Min-dmg Avenger       58 A3 NM              'Faith' Rogue?

Last edited:
Started questing the Sin, just hit 42 from Eldritch/Pindle runs and currently in full Fire Trapper spec. As for end game, think I'll go for more of a Ghost-type build after all:

Code:
Name          Character          Set                 Build                 Current Level         Merc
____          _________          ___                 _____                 _____________         ____

maxicek       Antiope            Mavina’s            FA + MS ?             0                     Might & Infinity ?
skiffcz       Rudla              Aldur’s             Fire                  0                     A3 Cold & sanctuary ?
ffs           Spectre            Natalya's           WW/Venom              42 A5 Normal          Might & Reaper
d2lover       Trang-Oul          Trangs              Zoomancer             50 act1 hell          to be done
D2DC          Griswold           Griswold's          Min-dmg Avenger       58 A3 NM              'Faith' Rogue?

Figured I'll just give the Venom-focused route a try. I had made a spreadsheet for the last WW Sin I played last year, and after taking a refresher course on poison damage mechanics, I expanded it to include Venom calculations. Played around with the numbers using different amounts of facets, +PSD and + skill gear and so on. While I'm still not 100% sold, I'll just go for it and see how it plays out in practice. Using Natalya's set means not being able to include stuff like GFace or Gores, so that's a big chunk of physical damage out of the window anyway :) hence I figured might as well check out this approach.

I'll still include DS to provide some AoE, but with build and gear prioritizing WW > Venom > DS. Don't think I want to go through the hassle of using a lot of Venom pre-buff gear for the playthrough, but might include facets rather than ED on armor pieces, maybe TO gloves and some + skill pieces.

Hi, don't know if it matters because we have lots of elements anyway, but Reapers is not neccessary since I can curse.

On the other hand I don't mind.

I will take the mercanary if all are set, maybe some wierd combo like blessed aim+insight filling holes.

Can we get a Barbarian, that would be nice for BO

In the worst of the worst cases, we can settle for my lowly lvl19 bo, but I fully expect Max to outperform this considerably :)

edit: let me think he has beta 2/12 right? Thats 14 + 2 spirit monarch + 1 from set diadem + 2 bkwb .. there we are matching the 19 now +1 from highlords seems like a good fit and voila we are at 20 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek
Yes I can bring the CtA. Pretty much what you said @skiffcz but you forgot +1 for Battle Command ;)
I'm considering going Faith, or maybe Pride merc? @D2DC I'm assuming you will be running Conviction? What level is the Fanaticism on your Faith?

Edit: Looks like any Faith will do for 7FPA.

Last edited:
I could tentatively add myself for the Barbarian slot as I will be free that weekend. My blizzsorc has already found a good portion of the IK set and I'll be pushing her to Hell Mephisto in the next day or so. I may need to borrow a Soul Cage if I don't get lucky in AT.

Awesome stuff @Vildecor - Let me know your e-mail if you want one, I only have 16 spare :D

Edit:
I forgot about sockets, I have been using too many RWs....

For 7FPA FA / MS I need 99IAS with level 12 Fanaticism (mine is 14 but just calculating in case someone else has a min roll)

70IAS from the set means I need 30IAS more.
I'm thinking Highlord's / Cat's Eye + Jewel of Fervour. Nef in the Bow and a single facet in the armour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
@d2lover For solo play I'd go Reaper and figured I couldn't go wrong with that in the group, but if Amp is always around maybe I'll just go with Pride again (or just bring both and see what fits better as we go). Let's see what Mercs other people settle for.

@maxicek I'm just saying, can also go full M'avina's in bear form. :D While playing the Fuzzy Dodger Zon I considered that route for the possible "Bears with only set items" sept. Bow hits 6 FPA with Faith Merc + IAS socketed in bow, so it's definitely acceptable attack speed, and maybe cold dmg boost can be made use of via cold dmg charms and facets or so.

Or... just FA/MS – will be much stronger. :)

Speaking of sockets, what's your Assassin expert opinion – facets or ED on a WW Sin with Natalya's? I know how the options affect damage numbers on paper, but not sure about actual gameplay difference... Venom worth boosting in your experience?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High