OT: The Daily Thread

What? The Daily thread on page 3? Sacrilege!!

RL: My week off work is about to end and I don't feel like I had a week off...time and my perception of days is being meldted down to one year of covid shenenigans it seems...Some board games with the family later. Managed to finally register our gender dysphoria workgroup with our Bavarian State Medical Association. The workgroup is growing, which is very nice!

D2: Completed A2 NM yesterday with my Orange tournament Barb. Will probably continue some today.

Set up OBS to potentially record D2 gameplay. Audio was painful to adjust in the beginning, but thanks to some youtube videos audio setting should suffice to not damage the hearing of anyone watching one of my videos...Will probably wait for a new tournament to try to record the entire gameplay from the beginng.

RL: Winter holidays are over, and our daughter goes back to kindergarten tomorrow. It was a nice week, where we both got tons of snow, then it melted sometime midweek and now we had the first day with spring like temps!

D2: Don't play. Waiting for D2R.

RL: Working on my home and a sheet of galvanized metal my father-in-law and me hung up slipped and gashed my hand open right on my right hand, pointer finger knuckle. You know the one you click your mouse with...Ugh, 5 or so days in a wrap and a splint and 11 stiches so that no damage is done as I just missed the tendon.

D2: negative...
OVG: negative....

Last edited:
RL: Working on my home and a sheet of galvanized metal my father-in-law and me hung up slipped and gashed my hand open right on my right hand, pointer finger knuckle. You know the one you click your mouse with...Ugh, 5 or so days in a wrap and a splint and 11 stiches so that no damage is done as I just missed the tendon.

Wow, that was a close call. I'm grateful that this was the worst of it, but I am sorry that happened to you.
I hope it heals exceptionally quickly and gives you little trouble!

RL: I punched a wall and broke a bone in my hand. It's nice to have something other than chronic back pain at least. Work sucks - nothing new there. Catching up on pro-wrestling after some scheduling conflicts. Four years sober next week.

D2: A few sessions of LK with no notable finds.

OVG: Rocket League and NGU Idle. Keeping an eye on Last Epoch and D2:R.

Reactions: Vang
RL: I punched a wall and broke a bone in my hand. It's nice to have something other than chronic back pain at least. Work sucks - nothing new there. Catching up on pro-wrestling after some scheduling conflicts. Four years sober next week.

D2: A few sessions of LK with no notable finds.

OVG: Rocket League and NGU Idle. Keeping an eye on Last Epoch and D2:R.
Congrats on 4 years next week!

@John Remedy Not a fan of Last Epoch anymore as I don't like the item upgrade system that to me is a glorified gambling box, Id rather find items then hope I can level one up without breaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Remedy
Hey, all! Hope everyone's well!

D2: Had D2 on the brain recently, then John Remedy reminded me that the D2R alpha opened up today. No luck for me, but I just spent the last few hours watching him stream it this evening. And now D2 is even more on the brain than before. It's like the best/worst drug ever. I might have to start playing again just to scratch that itch. ...Preaching to the choir, no doubt.

RL: Been a long while since the last update. Changed jobs in October back to the old line of work I'd been in for over a decade. Started out as a team supervisor. Broke my ankle at the worksite on my fourth day with the company, and it still feels kind of funny after five months. The project has been going horrendously since we went live and has been a near infinite source of stress and dissatisfaction. Depression really rearing its ugly head, but I'm doing better than it sounds. Tried to step back to a basic agent level twice already for much needed simplifications to life equations, but they keep giving me high-level responsibilities far beyond that of a supe. With as much knowledge & experience that I have in the field, there's no escape for me. For good or for ill, that's what I get for being a well-liked, respected individual in this business so long.

OVG: Weekly Rocket League sessions with John Remedy & random idle games up the wazoo. My internet's been acting up for months now with very brief but very frequent connectivity issues, so most online games have been off the table. I swear, I'll get it fixed some day...

@John Remedy Not a fan of Last Epoch anymore as I don't like the item upgrade system that to me is a glorified gambling box, Id rather find items then hope I can level one up without breaking.

I backed it on Kickstarter and was disappointed when I learned of the 'chance to brick item when crafting' mechanic but I'm hoping my enjoyment of the other areas of the game will shine through. For me, it's a much more viable alternative than Torchlight III or Wolcen.

Wow! Lots of faces I haven't seen in quite some time!

@Vang: How's your finger? Is the splint off already? Hope the wound heals well!

@John Remedy: Well, swift recovery to you, too! How's your hand? And congratulations on the 4 years! :) Have you played Last Epoch Demo so far? What's there to like for the D2 addicts? As you probably remember, my D3 enthusiasm was short-lived and if it is too much like D3, it probably isn't for me. Also, do you have a link to your stream of D2R or did you record it?

@Trim: I still want to write TRM instead of Trim 😅 Although it is sad to hear that you couldn't step back as much as you wanted, I am glad to hear that you're getting along! You know how the saying goes - the reward for work well done is more work...hang in there!

RL: Some struggles in RL and I don't even know why...it's just that I feel tired as soon as I get off work while being perfectly fine at work. And I don't even work that much...maybe home schooling and subconcious worries about my dads's health are finally getting to me 🤷‍♂️ Thinking about visiting a therapist again to tidy up my mental space :unsure: After all, I can deduct the session from tax as therapeutic supervision 😅
Today a friend of my 6 yo daughter stayed over night - she really is a demanding one (the friend). Quotes: "Is your dad always like this with visitors?" after telling both of them to sit down while eating. "You really have to clean your car - it is so dirty!", "bla bla bla bla (for 3 minutes straight) - are you even listening to me!?!" *sigh* But my daughter loves her, so 🤷‍♂️

Helped my mom bathe my dad, because it gets more difficult from week to week (he can't hold himself up anymore without aid and his arms almost have no strength left to support him). That helped to lower the stress level of both, which I am really glad for. So I will do that again each Saturday from now on, because it will only get worse from now on :confused:

D2: On the finishing line with Lugh, my Orange Tournament Barbarian. NDE a few minutes ago, where I was surrounded by Mana Burn Blunderbores (is that how you spell them?) and got stun locked...I managed to get out of it after 3 Full Rejuvs, landing a hit with Concentrate to ignore Stun and quickly getting of a War Cry to stun them, then teleport out. Needed some tries and was a close call, but got out of it.

OVG: Divinity Original Sin 2 is a game I might get to like. It's quite complex though, and my builds will probably be swept away later in the game...sometimes it sucks that I am a perfectionist in video games who wants to make the perfect build, but doesn't have the time for it to actually beome perfect in the game...

Reactions: John Remedy
I backed it on Kickstarter and was disappointed when I learned of the 'chance to brick item when crafting' mechanic but I'm hoping my enjoyment of the other areas of the game will shine through. For me, it's a much more viable alternative than Torchlight III or Wolcen.

Yeah, that is the mechanic I was referencing. If that wasn't there I'd probably play it. Maybe they'll remove that mechanic or adjust it. Having played the other two as well I can say it is better than either of those still.

@Vang: How's your finger? Is the splint off already? Hope the wound heals well!

RL: Some struggles in RL and I don't even know why...it's just that I feel tired as soon as I get off work while being perfectly fine at work. And I don't even work that much...maybe home schooling and subconcious worries about my dads's health are finally getting to me 🤷‍♂️ Thinking about visiting a therapist again to tidy up my mental space :unsure: After all, I can deduct the session from tax as therapeutic supervision 😅
The make-shift splint is off, but my finger has stamina issues and will until the stitches get out. As a therapist, I say it is always good to bounce off someone else. I am actually looking for a new one as my last one stopped validating me due to his therapeutic style and it turned me off.

@John Remedy: Well, swift recovery to you, too! How's your hand? And congratulations on the 4 years! :) Have you played Last Epoch Demo so far? What's there to like for the D2 addicts? As you probably remember, my D3 enthusiasm was short-lived and if it is too much like D3, it probably isn't for me. Also, do you have a link to your stream of D2R or did you record it?
It was a comminuted fracture of the fifth metacarpal - a few weeks ago now. Apparently, on the x-ray there was an old fracture at the top of the bone - I presume an old soccer injury when I used to play goalkeeper. It's healing pretty well. I can hold a controller and the cat but nothing of serious weight (no push-ups or curls either). I'm working far too hard for what I did to it but it's getting better each day.

You're still in the D3 SPF clan I think? Good times ;-) I backed the Last Epoch Kickstarter and revisit it every couple of patches (still in Early Access). I think I remember reading that they are looking into the crafting system to reduce the chance of bricking your items but I couldn't give you a source. They've got a solid roadmap ahead and are hitting the deadlines they set themselves. I wouldn't like to generalise why a D2 fan would like it, as there's a lot of variation even within SPF playstyles, but my favourite things about the game are solid pet builds (Necro/Druid), the fact that every skill has its own skill tree (crazy customisation), and that because of the time travel system the number of Acts is essentially tripled (more area variation essentially).

I'd prefer not to share my D2:R stream - there's a reason I'm not a full-time streamer haha. It was after a long shift and I was just chatting to TRM on voice chat the whole time. I rewatched some of it and it's one of the choppiest D2:R streams I've seen this weekend. Many streamers (inc. Rhykker, MrLlama) have choppy streams of D2:R, from what I've seen DBrunski has had the smoothest experience, but he has a 2080 RTX Super GFX card which may have helped. The game itself is pretty fluid and smooth but my stream, in particular, looks like a Ray Harryhausen stop-motion sequence. Not sure if it's a Twitch compression or an OBS thing :)

All the best!

Reactions: Grisu
@Grisu No worries, man. I was TRM for years, so it's my fault for any confusion by changing my name. Call me whatever you'd want, I'll recognize the intent! BTW, have you gotten into the game NGU Idle? Players could pay cash for some in-game bonuses, and as a bonus their handle would be included within a randomly called list to generate some monster names. I know your tag is derived from something more common, but I ran into the attached image a couple weeks ago:

D2: Couldn't sleep last night, so I dusted off a barb I'd started a long while ago with the intent of creating a Trav whirler. Nearly finished Act II NM, and still using Double Swing like an idjit. Maybe I should respec into something resembling the intended build before pushing ahead.

RL: Work kicks my butt after the weekends. I'm now the reports guy for my team among many other things, and this morning I ran into something that I don't know how to actively structure and report properly without a TON of work. My current boss said don't worry, don't do it. The client then emailed a version independently that was very inaccurate. I didn't know how to respond, so I'm planning on ignoring the message. We'll see if the lack of discourse and transparency gets me in any hot water this week.

OVG: Just NGU Idle this weekend. The game soaks up my attention, even at its most non-interactive stages. Pretty unhealthy, but not the first idle game that's devoured my soul.

Attachments

• Grisu NGU.png
    Grisu NGU.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Haha
@Trim: Awesome! Never heard of it and doesn't look like my kind of bread. Of course, defeating Grisu is pure fiction, because how can somebody defeat Grisu? Why would someone try to defeat the cute little dragon at all? But yeah, I was wondering if I can get sued for taking that handle... :unsure:

@John Remedy yeah, I'm still in the clan, but I only logged in once or so the last 5 years? Never even tried the Necromancer expansion 😅 Good to hear your hand is getting better!

@Vang: Hope your finger is getting better, too!

RL: Monday is usually my day off, but I had to do another medical opinion today. Nice guy though and I finished the writing today. Then lots of reading with my kids.

D2: Finished Nihlatak's Temple (full clear) in the Orange tournament with my Concentrate Barb although I had Tomb Vipers spawning...Taunt and War Cry really takes care of that though. Now only about 1/3 of Act V Hell left. We'll see how that goes.

OVG: Not today!

RL: I've been inundated with tasks that fill up the vast majority of my time. Mostly prep for moving next month and college coursework. Got my first vaccine shot a week or so ago, taking my wife to get her second shot in a few hours.

D2: I've made very little progress. I really want to get a Guardian up soon and finish a sept by the end of the year, but I doubt siginificant progress will happen here until toward the end of May.

OVG: I played through Carrion over the last week, which was a lot of fun. Only took six hours to beat, but man that was a super fun six hours! Such a great game. Now I'm looking at making progress in The Caribbean Sail, which is similar to The Organ Trail. Great games to fill up a spare 20 minutes when I have it; unlike Diablo 2. :/ Maybe if I wasn't a full-clear, single-pass kinda guy. XD

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High