March of the Doomed - Running Thread

Time to finish this project over the next few days hopefully! Can someone roll Andariel for me (Paladin)?
Err... you're in Hell right? Could you link to your last damnation status so I can give the good result? :)

I rolled a 2, so second available skill of the first tier!

Code:
No1 Sacrifice          N
No2 Resist Fire        N
No3 Concentration      Y (A5 NM)
No4 Vengeance          N
No5 Meditation         N

NM1 Blessed Aim        N
NM2 Might              N
NM3 Conversion         N
NM4 Redemption         N
NM5 Salvation          N

I actually never rolled, but if I understand the rules correctly it should be Resist Fire, which is already taken, and so are the next two (Might and Sacrifice). So one further means Smite, correct?

Reactions: Babyhell
Mephisto has fallen.

In Act III it felt like Appolonia came more into her own and the playthrough was less sluggish than before. I switched to using Freezing Arrow for most of the Act with great success and having leveled Cold Arrow to 10.
WIth the addition of the Valkyrie the fights feel much safer.

Also, some substantial upgrades dropped:
  • Tarnhelm
  • eth Duskdeep
  • finally a Tal, so I could build Stealth
  • a 3soc Poleaxe, which turned into Malice for the Merc
Playtime will be less in the future, mainly in the weekends, which means progression will slow down for me.

Appolonia damnation card

Rich (BB code):
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Explosive Arrow    N
No2 Impale             N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    71    NM Harrogath           36
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    31    Pandemonium Fortress   09
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    32    Pandemonium Fortress   09
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03

Wel,, after 7 straight untwimked Guardians without deaths it seems I lost my touch:

Screenshot189.png

Classic death to LE/CE invisible frost novas, some random boss in Claw Viper Temple lvl 1. :/

Code:
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    31    Pandemonium Fortress   09
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    32    Pandemonium Fortress   09
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple    39

Maybe I'll join with another character at some point, but I have several projects planned and not much time to play currently... so when it comes to building a HC torch farmer, I might rather speed things up by building another Paladin fast & twinked without limitations.

In any case, very fun format! Until I join again, GL HF everyone! :)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
oof. sorry to hear that @ffs. was rooting for you, but those things will get you.
good luck on your other projects.

I still need a A3 roll, might have time to play later today.

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
xtQkuRml.png

First difficulty: checked!

Act 4
This act was somehow easy until Diablo who ripped apart skellies, and more importantly the merc... it has been done with a lot of merc resurrections after setting him back to p1, and a town teleport back strategy to lower the cost by avoiding the big elemental attacks.

The usual forever fight beforehand was with Izual on p8 -_- at least he dropped a unique, so well:
lqcTpA6l.png

Act was completed at clvl 33, and on to the leveling area, i.e. Act 5.

Damnation have been: Lower Resist. Great...somehow, it was already locked due to Iron Maiden.

Act 5
Eldritch dropped a nice pair of gloves to boot:
GJI3PqWl.png

Afterwards it was leveling up to 43 at Pindle. There a sadly non unique Burnt wand had been found, but not that bad still:
zGdReIkl.png

Then the big drop:
JTkcS2Kl.png

Well... could have been, right -_-

Runewise, two Amns at Pindle and Throne Chamber, and a Shael are the top finds. No Sol at all!

Baal waves were defeated 400k xp before clvl 45... so I decided to grab enough here or there, and it was hit in the Frozen River. Back to the waypoint, teleport back to Baal, and time for the last fight.

He had been taken down on p1 to avoid Diablo's joke and lock, the merc hasn't any crushing blow on stick so those fights are too long, costly and dangerous on higher psettings:
Sk4fCZHl.png

One of the blade talon was an elemental thingy:
Code:
Demon Claw
Blade Talons
One Hand Damage: 13 - 33
Durability: 114 of 207
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 50
Required Dexterity: 50
Fingerprint: 0xfbe3dc7c
Item Level: 60
Version: Resurrected
Unidentified
+20% Increased Attack Speed
33% Enhanced Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
Adds 8 - 14 Fire Damage
Adds 11 - 44 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Adds 150 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)

For the story: he is still using his Akara's shopped +3 Raise Skeleton wand. Yep.

Need first Baal damnation! Will take the skill curse
Edit: Attract damned

Edit: And here is laying the treasure of the Cow King... amongst them, hidden, a seal...
BgTI8T6l.png

Edit2: leveling at Baal until 49, in order to max Skeleton Mastery. Will push to 51 to max Raise Skeleton too, then it will be time to head to NM.

TheDeadman skills (52) Unused (0)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (46)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 18
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 1, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (2)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 0
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 1
12 Bone Wall 0
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM N/N
No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

See you on next update!

Code:
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    49    Rogue Camp NM          18
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple    39

Last edited:
Reactions: D4di56lu3
Good luck in avoiding vital damnations so you can save the blessings for serious trouble 😉

Diablo has been vanquished. In need of a Damnation roll.

Appolonia is coming into her own as she becomes more familiar and skilled with Lightning Fury and Freezing Arrow.
Diablo was not much of a challenge even on p8.
The trusty companions were quickly defeated, but Appolonia persisted and defeated the Lord of Hell.
A lucky Ort Rune, allowed me to craft Ancients Pledge, which maxed out the resistances.
Later on I found a Sol rune, which I plan to gift to my trusty Desert Companion, once I find a 4 soc Polearm.
The rare Pilum was upgraded to a +4 MaK Throwing Spear, but not too many more upgrades. I will continue looking for a IAS Throwing Spear in Harrogath.

I found the Spire of Lazarus in the River of Fire, but have no use for it, which is the only notable find in my journey through Diablo's domain.

Appolonia damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No N/N
NM N/N

No1 Explosive Arrow    N
No2 Impale             N
No3 Fend               N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Code:
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    49    Rogue Camp NM          18
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    35    Harrogath              12

Reactions: Babyhell
Roll is 12: Valkyrie.

OMG I'm not helpful with my last rolls!!!
It could be much worse, honestly.

As long as FA, CS and LF survive as long as possible, I am good. Plan is to max cold arrow for now, in case it gets damned in Early nm, so i can get the extra FA synergy damage. I will seal any of the three main attacks if they get hit by Baal.
Valk was nice to have but not essential, Merc and Decoy can act as meat shields going foward.

Ooookaaayy...here goes nothing:

Runs away and hides in the cellar without internet connetion...

Seriously though, I'd be glad on feedback. Is there interest in such a thing? Too much talking? Can't do much about the gameplay...it is slow as hell when doing SP full clear tournaments :)

EDIT: Also, I had to speak quietly, because my kids were trying to sleep at the time of recording 😅

Reactions: skoolbus and Vang
Well decided to go with a Druid because I wanted to play one. Going to attempt to go a fury druid, but we will see how damned I get.

Gambled this:

Screenshot135.png

The goal was to get some points in Spirit Wolves, go down the fire tree to fissure, and open up Fire Claws.

and the Queen Lady is dead:

Screenshot136.png

@Babyhell I'm going to assume that if Werewolf/werebear get knocked you can transform to use form skills, unless I missed it. If that is the case I'm pretty sure I'm going to hold a seal until end of Act 2 hell (y)

Ready to meet Andariel's damnation!

Hobo Jones's Damnation Card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No N/N
NM N/N

No1 -                  N
No2 -                  N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Code:
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    35    Harrogath              12
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    19    Lut Gholein            03

Reactions: Grisu
@Vang rolled 1: Firestorm

I think I did this correct.

Re Shapeshifting damnation: I did not follow the initial discussion, but i thought the skill that is damned is unusable, which would mean you cant use shapeshift in that case and it bricks the build if you dont have a seal.

This would suck a lot, but also means that you "only" have to dodge a damnation on WW in normal Andy and Duriel until your first seal. Odds are relatively low of that happening.

Last edited:
@Grisu I thoroughly enjoyed your video! My favorite part was your excitement over your topaz luck 😂. Your English is perfect too. I find it fascinating to watch and see how other tournament participants play and see how it is similar or different to my own.

• Love
Reactions: Grisu
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High