March of the Doomed - Running Thread

Roll (1;14): 10 = Golem Mastery...

Thanks Grisu, not the worst and at least I have a point in it already.

Act 2 progressed as well as to be expected, 4 skeletons + a merc with a partizan + amp damage made short work of most of the act (with the exception of Maggot Lair which was done at /p1).

The Tombs weren't as bad as I thought they would be with the Greater Mummies, I was able to get the Skeles to focus them by running around and past the skeletons. Having CE would have been nice to get rid of bodies, but I used RS instead.

Skill wise, I put 1 pt in Summon Resist, 1pt in Decrep (for Duriel) and the rest went to Skeleton Mastery.

Duriel was surprisingly easy. /players 1, CG + Decrep and the Merc made short work of him. I had to refill skellies once, but otherwise no real dramas.

Drops etc.

1642391119991.png
1642391140144.png
1642391159160.png
1642391178984.png
1642391201771.png

Player Card
Code:
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)

No1 Corpse Explosion   N
No2 Golem Mastery      N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Code:
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    49    Rogue Camp NM          18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    31    Pand. Fortress         12
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    35    Harrogath              12
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    28    Kurast Docks           06
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple    39

Last edited:
1642392411396.png

Code:
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    49    Rogue Camp NM          18
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    35    Harrogath              12
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    28    Kurast Docks           06
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple    39
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress         15         
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03         
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06

The Journey continues into the frozen peak of Arreat.
I switch between FA and LF depending on resistances.
Progress is steady and I quickly rid Harrogath of Shenk and free the imprisoned Barbarians.
I had already made Ancients Pledge, so the Runes went into the stash for future use.
On the way to the Frozen River I found a unique studded leather armor before entering the Crystalline Passage.

Twitchthroe.jpg

After rescuing Anya, I venture into Nilathak's Temple to make an end to his treachury.
I usually don't kill Nilathak on my playthroughs with characters, because I farm Pindle for a bit. It is alwaya surprising to me how large the Halls of Vaught and Pain are.
Nilathal itself was quite easy with FA because all monsters there shattered on death and did not leave any corpses for him to explode.

Soon after I reached the Arreat Summit and defeated the Ancients on P1. From there it was only a short way to the Throne of Destruction.
I faced Baal on P3 and after a short fight, together with Vikhyat, Baal was defeated and gifted me a truly outstanding Bow.

Destroyer Appolonia.jpg

Wizendraw.jpg

The other unique drop was Rakescar.

This Bow will shift my focus a bit more into Freezing Arrow, and I plan to max FA during NM now. I am considering using a Socket Quest on it, but unsure what to socket. Eth, Shael, any suggestions?

I look forward to playing through Nightmare with my new found riches.

Good luck to all other runners and sad news from @Vang, truly unfortunate. I admire that you went for a Melee Druid.

Gear
Helm: Personalized Tarnhelm 25mf
Armor: Twitchthroe
Gloves: Rare 34% ED 8% Fire res 22% mf 25% PLR
Boots: Rare 10%FHR 42% ED 2 Dex 24% Poison res
Belt: Rare +15 AR 26% ED +6 str 21% Light res 21% Fire res
Weapon1: Magic Throwing Spear of Alacrity 20% IAS
Shield1: Large Shield Ancient's Pledge
Weapon2: Wizendraw -34 enemy cold res
Amulet: Magic 30% Light res 25% MF
Ring: Magic 20% Light res MF 14%
Ring: Rare +1 max dmg +93 AR +1 STR 9% Fire res +2 DR 5% MF

Stats:
Gear (Base)
Strength: 87 (70)
Dexterity: 77 (65)
Vitality: 160
Energy: 25

Skills:
Pre-Req 1
Dodge 1
Evade 1
Avoid 1
Inner Sight 1
Slow Missiles 1
Decoy 1
Valkyrie 1 (damned)
Critical strike 1
Penetrate 1
Pierce 1

Jab 1
Power Strike 1
Poison Javelin 1
Lightning Bolt 1
Plague Javelin 1

Ice Arrow 1

Main Skills:
Cold Arrow 20
Freezing Arrow 1
Charged Strike 5
Lightning Fury 9

Appolonia Damnation Card

Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM N/N

No1 Explosive Arrow    N
No2 Impale             N
No3 Fend               N
No4 Valkyrie           N
No5 Lightning Strike   N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    48    Rogue Camp NM          18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress         15        

Duskdeep.jpg
Hellforge norm.jpg
Maelstrom.jpg
Diablo norm.jpg

Well after some more leveling doing Baal runs (up to 51.5), it was time to start Nightmare.

A proper update will be thrown at the end of the act, but for now this tool is a great update:
DxUJmM7l.png

33 strength req... alright, I'll spend 3 more points then!

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble

After some Baal runs until clvl 51.5,
bigyhh6l.png

it was about time to start NM, with Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery maxed, 6 points in Summon Resist.

Given the overleveling, it has been decided to stick to p1, and in the end there was not a lot of XP lacking to hit clvl 52...anyway!
YZ7bf2Yl.png

On the path, the Countess delivered... Nef Tir, a Bloodletter in the Barracks, and a pretty nice Andy map!
L7MvnmYl.png

Maybe she will be ran a bit... see you on next update!
Edit: Andy NM Damnation is Poison dagger.

TheDeadman skills (54) Unused (1)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (48)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 20
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 1, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (2)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 0
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 1
12 Bone Wall 0
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM N/N
No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 Attract            N

NM1 Poison Dagger      N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    51.95 Lut Gholein NM         18
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    48    Rogue Camp NM          18

Last edited:
Kept on playing Terra, I'm really liking Multishot, I'm hoping the damage can remain high. Still waiting for Cleglaw's gloves to drop, the slow would be great. Once she got up to 60 strength, I figured I'd gamble a few plated belts to get a fourth row of potions, and what do you know. On the first gamble:
Screenshot022.png

Without any other pieces, it's not any better than a rare, but I got so excited I stopped gambling :ROFLMAO:. A little while later, another useful drop, but will probably be outclassed by a runeword or something else when I ditch the topaz armors:
Screenshot024.png

Hitting level 30 was great, finally unlocking Pierce and Valk. Probably going to get Pierce to end game levels, then start pumping Decoy. Council and Meph stood no chance on /p8.
Screenshot025.png
Another Sigon Belt! I saw the Ichorstring has Piercing Attack, and tried it for the rest of Durance level 3, but it's sooooo slow. Probably does about the same damage as my bow, but the speed is painful. Currently Terra is level 32, sitting at the Pandemonium Fortress. And with that, need my Act III damnation roll!

Rich (BB code):
Javelin and Spear (6)
01 Jab 1
06 Power Strike 1, Poison Javelin 1
12 Impale 0, Lightning Bolt 1
18 Charged Strike 1, Plague Javelin 1
24 Fend 0
30 Lightning Strike 0, Lightning Fury 0

Passive and Magic (18)
01 Inner Sight 1, Critical Strike 7
06 Dodge 1
12 Slow Missiles 1, Avoid 1
18 Penetrate 1
24 Decoy 1, Evade 1
30 Valkyrie 1, Pierce 3

Bow and Crossbow (9)
01 Magic Arrow 1, Fire Arrow 0
06 Cold Arrow 1, Multiple Shot 4
12 Exploding Arrow 0
18 Ice Arrow 1, Guided Arrow 1
24 Strafe 1, Immolation Arrow 0
30 Freezing Arrow 0

Rich (BB code):
Fire Arrow             N
Impale                 N
Evade                  N
Guided Arrow           N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Last edited:
Reactions: Swamigoon
DevaZR has cleared act 3, the only problem being my utterly hopeless navigational skills in the jungles...
The runes are starting to rack up and the MF from the dual circlet of luck is showing results as well:
Screenshot169.pngScreenshot170.png
Screenshot174.png

Not too many screendumps, must have been a breeze ;)
Unfortunately only one Isenhart's case for this act and instead 3x cathan's seal...

Awaiting Mephisto damnation.
Code:
Martial arts (0)
01 Tiger strike 0, Dragon talon 0
06 Fists of fire 0, Dragon claw 0
12 Cobra strike 0
18 Claws of thunder 0, Dragon tail 0
24 Baldes of ice 0, Dragon flight 0
30 Pheonix Strike 0

Shadow disciplines (7)
01 Claw mastery 1, Psychic hammer 1
06 Burst of speed 1
12 Weapon block 1, Cloak of shadows 1
18 Fade 1, Shadow warrior 1
24 Mind blast 0
30 Venom 0, Shadown master 0

Traps (24)
01 Fire blast 3
06 Shock web 6, Blade sentinel 0
12 Charged bolt sentry 10, Wake of fire 0
18 Blade fury 0
24 Lightning sentry 4, Wake of inferno 0
30 Death sentry 1, Blade shield 0
Code:
No1 Dragon claw        N
No2 Wake of fire       N
No3 Phoenix strike     N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Last edited:
@D4di56lu3 11, looks like Phoenix Strike.

Been on a roll today, nothing much else to add, but killed Diablo on /p3.
Screenshot026.png

Not going to recopy my card from 2 posts up, but need another roll!

Reactions: D4di56lu3
And of course, I am in as well! I was tempted to choose sorceress since I didn't see any in the list, but I decided to let the random number generator choose for me, so I will be playing a barbarian. Randomly opened up my character name book to a list of Scottish names, and I just had to pick MacLeod. Hopefully I'll be back soon for my first damnation roll.

And of course, I am in as well! I was tempted to choose sorceress since I didn't see any in the list, but I decided to let the random number generator choose for me, so I will be playing a barbarian. Randomly opened up my character name book to a list of Scottish names, and I just had to pick MacLeod. Hopefully I'll be back soon for my first damnation roll.
Hmm..was it random or was it fate? I just started another Barbarian. But your name beats mine, so let the best Barbarian fall last!

Progress, I beat the snot out of the zombie blacksmith!

Screenshot146.png

Last edited:
Ready for Andariel damnation! Swoon has whacked her with a big ole maul!

Screenshot147.png

Reactions: Babyhell
@Vang - Double Swing. Well, at least you were using a 2-hander anyway.

MacLeod has cleared up to the Inner Cloister. Should finish Act I next play session either later tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: Babyhell
On my side, will start act 2 NM soon, only have killed radament yet to grab skill book and clvl 52.

Beforehand ran a bit of Andy to try to find some tools, but it didn't hit until a flayer or zombie dropped a 4os Partizan. Then I went to the Countess, and the Sol arrived close to lvl 52, after three io runes -_- I was that close to cube Amn runes...

1642493691272.png

Act 3 is done so Hades needs a Meph Damnation.

Current Damnations are:
No1: Corpse Explosion
No2: Golem Mastery

Act 3 progressed without too much drama, a merc with a partizan + amp damage this early in Normal does very nice damage and the skellies aren't too shabby either. Nothing too exciting on the drop front (got a couple of Nokazan relics) but otherwise relatively standard fair.

Meph was pretty easy on /p3. Clay Golem + Decrep + Cold (from Merc weapon) meant he attacked about once every 2 seconds lol.

Skill wise I dumped 2 pts into Summon Resit (for 3 raw points total). The rest of my points are now alternating between RS and SM. Aim is to have SM maxed before I finish normal, with RS not too far behind.

Hades, Level 32 Necromancer, Act 4 Normal

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High