March of the Doomed - Running Thread

@Grisu IMO it depends on how screwed you get from damnations. :) Some classes/builds have bad options, others are fine using some other skill until normal cow king without much trouble. Also of course there are respecs as well so saving Normal Den of Evil is another solution. But I have future plans for my character and in such cases I usually try to use only one respec at most during playthroughs. Anyway luckily I didn’t have such problems. ;)

Reactions: Babyhell
For me that would beat the purpose and fun of this tournament, but I can understand everyone whose definition of fun differs from mine 😝

I see that the only character missing is Druid. But since Assassin is the only character I didn't Guardian so far (one Phoenix Striker tournament character has been idle in Hell Act II for years now) it will probably be another Assassin to join the tournament shortly. On the other hand, I will probably be stumbling more than usual because I am so unfamiliar with Assassins...so what character would you rather see me play? I am undecided.
If you end up guardian’ing an assassin, I will be quite embarrassed if I deed yet another one, so it depends.
If you wish to put the peer pressure on, go assassin.
Otherwise, go druid 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Sentinel has completed the first "half" of act II, easily obtaining the horadric staff and achieving level 25. Up next are the palace and arcane sanctuary

I cubed all my rings and amulets, and found an upgrade to the amulet in 10% MF. In addition, I upgraded chest pieces on both Sentinel and Hannah to 3x flawed topazes.

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
nGXiR5Yl.png

Need my Andariel roll!

Well... in fact, nothing really noteworthy during this whole end of act... apart maybe this unique scimitar... yep, that's it, nothing complicated. Andariel crushes the Skeletons, the lvl 13 mastery wasn't enough to keep them alive more than 2 poison attacks, so a lot of available bodies were raised, but in the end the merc death and the lack of blue pots lead to a trip to the camp before finishing her.

So well, time for the first damnation!

:)

TheDeadman skills (20) Unused (0)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (16)
01 Skeleton mastery 13, Raise skeleton 1
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 1, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 0, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (1)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 0
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 0
12 Bone Wall 0
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (3)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 0
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 -                  N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>
Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    71    NM Harrogath           36
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    15    Black Marsh             0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03

Last edited:
I was going to wait until I got to NM in the Random tournament, but I don't want both characters to be at the same point in the game, so I'm going to go ahead and start here with Terra the Amazon. She will be HC single pass, and my ranking of what builds I hope pan out:
1) Multishot
2) Strafe
3) Frozen arrow
4) Charged strike
and if all those somehow can't work, I reckon at that point it'll be poison or LF :p .

@Babyhell I am going to enter this for downtime between playing my Random Tournament character and random.org told me to play Necro.

Now I need to decide if I follow your path and go for the summoner gamble or play a more open style :D

@Babyhell I am going to enter this for downtime between playing my Random Tournament character and random.org told me to play Necro.

Now I need to decide if I follow your path and go for the summoner gamble or play a more open style :D
Welcome!

On my side I thought about the builds, and the other one that has the most interest for me is Bone Spear:
- Teeth is a solid starter
- Bone Spear is available by the end of Act 1, and Teeth is a synergy
- Bone Wall and Bone Spirit are two other synergies, tough to be damned on everything
- White runeword can be a fantastic weapon
- and finally, Bone Spear is lvl 18, which is the 18+ level with the less pressure on it

That could be my secondary plan...just sharing :)

Welcome!

On my side I thought about the builds, and the other one that has the most interest for me is Bone Spear:
- Teeth is a solid starter
- Bone Spear is available by the end of Act 1, and Teeth is a synergy
- Bone Wall and Bone Spirit are two other synergies, tough to be damned on everything
- White runeword can be a fantastic weapon
- and finally, Bone Spear is lvl 18, which is the 18+ level with the less pressure on it

That could be my secondary plan...just sharing :)

As I understand it the worst is the level 24 skills? They have the highest chance of being hit. Best is level 30s followed by Level 1s, 6 and 12 followed by level 18.

Any individual 1,6,12 have a 6/15 (40%) chance of being hit at any point in time. (Andy + Duriel x 3 acts))

Any individual level 18 has a 6/10 (60%) chance of being hit (Meph + Diablo x 3 Acts)

Any individual level 24 has a 8/10 (80%) chance (Meph + Diablo x 3 Acts + Baal x 2 Acts)

Edit: My math is wrong should be a 68% chance for Level 24s (40% chance it doesn't get picked from Meph + Diablo, combined with an 80% chance it doesn't get picked from Baal) = 0.4x0.8 = 32% chance any level 24 doesn't get picked or conversely a 68% chance it does.

Level 30s have the least chance 2/10 (20%) chane (Baal x 2 acts).

My current plan is to play through Act 1 opening key parts of the skill tree (curses, CE, Summon Resist) with 1pt in everything to be open to any skill. If neither, RS or SM is hit in Act 1. I'll drop all saved points into Skeleton Mastery and have the back-up of a respec after Duriel (if RS is hit).

If RS or SM is hit in Act 1, I move down the path of a Bonespear necro.

This maths works for everyone but Barbs who have a weird Skill tree thanks to masteries.

Barb:
1,6,12 = 6/17 = 35%
18 = 6/8 = 75%
24 = 6/8 +2/9 = 80.5%
30 = 2/9 = 22.22%

Someone didn't read the rules properly. So 1-18 are the best, 24 and 30 the worst.

Last edited:
@Jcakes lvl 30 skills can be hit by any of the Prime Evils (Mephisto 18-30, Diablo 18-30, Baal 24-30).

However the item damnations can be used and impact the chances on 24-30, but that's a sacrifice.
Now I am going to edit my post so it looks like I was right and you were wrong :D

• Haha
Note: ratios are different for barbs
Lesser Evils
1: 5 skills
6: 5 skills
12: 5 skills

1 chance out of 3 to hit a level on the first roll (kept for simplification)
6 rolls
=> 2 chances (1 roll each 3 rolls per lvl) out of 5 available skills to have a specific lvl 1, 6 or 12 hit.

Prime Evils but Baal
18: 5 skills
24: 5 skills
30: 5 skills

1 chance out of 3 to hit a level on the first roll (kept for simplification)
6 rolls
=> 2 chances (1 roll each 3 rolls per lvl) out of 5 available skills to have a specific lvl 18, 24 or 30 hit.

Baal
2 chances out of 10 to hit a specific 24-30 skill
Those numbers are wrong because simplified - the consumption of the skills change the chances after each roll.

But it can be stated that:
Lvl 1, 6, 12 skills have the best chances to avoid a damnation
Lvl 24-30 skills have the worst chances to avoid a damnation

And due to 24-30 consumption, lvl 18 are in-between.

Last edited:
Yeah I just re-did the Math (and unless I am mistaken) I believe it simplifies to the following:

Not-Barbs

1,6,12,18 = 40% chance for any individual skill to be hit (6 rolls out of 15 possibilities). i.e by the end of the game you'll have lost 6 skills from 15 possibilities

24,30 = 52% chance for any individual skill to be hit 6 rolls out of 15 possibilities + 2 rolls out of 10 possibilities) - assuming you don't dodge

Barbs

1,6,12 = 35% chance (6/17)
18 = 46% ( 6/13)
24,30 = 58% (6/13 + 2/9)

I guess for rolls we have to consider the consumption to get closer to real chances...
1/15+1/14+1/10+1/12+1/11+1/9+1/9+1/8 for lvl 24 and 30 skills, so a particular skill has 75.9% chances to be hit (it is worst I guess, as I simplified the 24-30 rolls)

For lvl 18, we remove the 24-30 rolls, hence 1/15+1/14+1/12+1/11+1/9+1/8 giving 54.8%

For lvl 1-12 skills, that would give 48.9%.

Simplified also because you should potentially take into account the case that it didn't happen... so for example first roll 1/15 to hit Raise Skeleton, then 14/15 x 1/14 for the second roll...maths, you know...-_-

Anyway, I'm not too bad at logic, but maths...sometimes I'm off-track and can't really get it! And this tournament is not about showing off about how bad I can be in mathematics 😅

Last edited:
oh yes you are correct 18 could end up being worse than 1-12s given that you could lose a 24 from Baal.

I was decent at Mathematics back when I was at University, but I'll admit I was never great at Statistics.

Last edited:
I need an Andariel roll.

Appolonia has defeated Andariel at level 20. I went for single pass, all kill and did not realize it would take this long (my timer says 4-5 hours)...
Hopefully progress will be faster in the coming acts with higher level skill unlocked. Otherwise, strap in for a long journey,

Here is the last moments of the Andariel kill on p8

and here is the Countess kill

I found a nice +5 Mana after each kill Javelin, which will be handy for a while.
Rest of her gear is assorted rares and magics. Runes so far are only what the countess gifted me: Eth Ith. I plan to do a big cubing session, once I obtain the cube, because I have saved all the rings and amulets so far. Hoping for some +Res Rings.

The other noticeable drop was very early from Coldcrow.

2022010807165000_c.jpg
Shame I can't really use it.
This one is for the Switch Grail, I suppose.

Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    71    NM Harrogath           36
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    20    Lut Gholein             03
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03

Screenshot052.png

Duriel was a pushover. Max block meant that Sentinel could tank Duriel while Chalan just wailed on him. I haven't ID'd anything yet, but this is one of the better Duriel drops I've seen :)

Can someone roll my Duriel damnation plz?

View attachment 74683

Duriel was a pushover. Max block meant that Sentinel could tank Duriel while Chalan just wailed on him. I haven't ID'd anything yet, but this is one of the better Duriel drops I've seen :)

Can someone roll my Duriel damnation plz?
Yep, 12: Resist Lightning

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High