March of the Doomed - Running Thread

@Dazliare tell me if the Blessings section is clear enough now :)
Looks good to me!

Sentinel has just reached the Inner Cloister. I'll finish Act 1 tonight. Thus far, this is probably the luckiest character I've played in a tournament. I found a Gul dagger, and had 10 topazes in the jail. As I mentioned, when Hannah kills something, my mf is nearly 250, and she kills most everything. I usually run around with Might to boost her, but holy freeze has come in handy a lot too.

I gambled gloves of fortune at level 14 (!!), when I was going for chance, which was also a nice boost.

S/U's in act one:

Death's Hand
Death's Guard x2
Nagelring (16%)
Gul

Notable things:

Gambled boots and gloves of fortune (23% and 22% respectively.
MF in every slot except Amulet
small shield with 30% blocking and +life

Level 18, headed into the Catacombs next

Aaaand could someone Baal roll for me please? :) Got a bit carried away today!

Screenshot162.png

Code:
Reference post: How to fill table content
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman            Nec    20    Lut Gholein            03
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    41    N Harrogath            18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damnation status (edit: updated as of NM Diablo kill):
Code:
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Sacrifice          N
No2 Resist Fire        N
No3 Concentration      N
No4 Vengeance          N
No5 Meditation         N

NM1 Blessed Aim        N
NM2 Might              N
NM3 Conversion         N
NM4 Redemption         N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Respecs used:

Normal       Act 1 Normal
Nightmare    UNUSED
Hell         UNUSED

Current gear:
Skull Cap 'TirTir'
Stealth BP
+3 BH magic scepter
Ancient's Pledge large shield
magic ring 106 (!) mana (gambled)
magic ring FCR + 28 cold res
Plated belt + 14 life
Hsaru's boots (courtesy of normal Baal)
Rare gloves light res, fire res, MF
+5 all res magic amulet

I'll save the upcoming CK seal to protect BH throughout NM. If I haven't been forced to use it after NM Diablo, I'll unlock Concentration again. Think I'll continue SP in NM as well and keep it at P8 generally. Keeps the char nicely overlevelled, finished normal at lvl 41 and in a healthy state for NM.

Some more running tomorrow, then I'll be "forced" to take a break until end of next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Diablo Normal Damnation: 4 -> Vengeance (right, @Babyhell?)

BH without Concentration though...:confused:
I'm fine with this vision of rolling, I saw it in your initial paladin test - you roll until you hit an available skill. That's fine.

Personally I go amongst the available ones (1-15, then 1-14, etc.), and that's how I described it to ensure a one hit roll.

You are used to Random Tournaments, that's working too ;-) just read it line by line and it's fine, I am not a random rule integrist! :p

Another crazy rare low level unique :O This one may see some use later, though I rather doubt it.

Could someone rolled my first damned skill please?Screenshot049.png

Rushed through to NM Andariel with morning coffee... can someone roll for me? :)

Edit: Got a couple of nice upgrades.
Screenshot166.png

Always nice to see in an untwinked playthrough. Quickly made this with it:

Screenshot169.png

Waiting for a suitable paladin shield base to make Rhyme after this drop:

Screenshot165.png

Ready for Insight as well. Second Sol and Ral needed.

Screenshot164.pngScreenshot167.png

Last edited:
Doom of TheDeadman

TheDeadman had hard time in Act 2, and had to lowered it to p1 to see the skellies survive physical damage - magical was a quick sweep.

He somehow managed to get to Arcane Sanctuary, and found the Summoner. The fight was taken slowly, quietly.

But the character controller has a kid.

And he had a big cry with a big sound.

And TheDeadman was left alone with a merc and a couple of skellies vs too many...

The classical daddy death method.

Code:
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    41    N Harrogath            18
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman            Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03

• Sad
Reactions: Kartongen
Doom of TheDeadman

TheDeadman had hard time in Act 2, and had to lowered it to p1 to see the skellies survive physical damage - magical was a quick sweep.

He somehow managed to get to Arcane Sanctuary, and found the Summoner. The fight was taken slowly, quietly.

But the character controller has a kid.

And he had a big cry with a big sound.

And TheDeadman was left alone with a merc and a couple of skellies vs too many...

The classical daddy death method.

Code:
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman            Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03
Bummer, hope the kid is fine and only broke some furniture…

Lucky it happened so early in the progress of TheDeadman i guess?

@D4di56lu3 Yes! So hard if it happens in Nightmare or after! The kid is alright, he just threw a foot kick in the wall or somewhere, with the heel so no harm done.

I may give him another shot then (I talk about TheDeadman, not my kid), but this first pass showed me the limit of the one point everywhere with a non fighter character... At least it doesn't fit my playstyle (I'm a core Paladin).

I will try my luck on the summoning path, even if the White runeword is tempting as hell...maybe I'll keep this as a back-up plan if the baddies are nasty and force a reroll.

If it fails for good, I'll cheat and pick Amazon xD

Reactions: D4di56lu3
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High