March of the Doomed - Running Thread

I've played Hades the Necromancer through Act1 and need an Andariel roll. I've played relatively conservatively and saved most of my skill points for now pending the Andy roll. Depending on what happens will depend on what I spend points on in Act 2.

Summoning (6)
01 Skeleton mastery 1, Raise skeleton 2
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem Mastery 1

P&B (1)
01 Teeth 1

Curses (3)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Weaken 1
12 Terror 1

Spare points (11)

Drops for Act 1 were:
Cleglaws Shield (Blood Raven)
Deathspade Axe (Barracks)

and this nice early drop preserved head (coupled with a +2 RS / +2 SM wand means I had 4 skellies which was enough for Act 1

1641899702716.png

I also gambled these boots which were very nice indeed
1641899795146.png

Andy drop was Poo

1641899827754.png

Hades, Level 20 Necromancer, Act 2

Yeah that's a bummer - probably should have put a point into CE to leave the option open for bonespear. I guess I will push forward and dump all my saved points into SM and gamble on not getting hit by a RS ban by Duriel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
A sister from a monestary had found DevaZR near a forgotten and brought her to the Rogue Encampment for treatment. She had a severe case of arrows to the chest and amnesia from ingesting marsh water, which Akara happened to remedy.
The Sisters encouraged DevaZR to reconnect with old relations to remember her past.
That went badly for Andariel and lessened the trust DevaZR had to the Sisterhoods judgement.
Thus she left for Lut Gholein remembering that she had vowed never to raise her hand, or dragon claws as Andariel had called them against another being.

In Lut Gholein she has several leads to her lost past, some radament guy, a Summoner and lastly Duriel whom supposedly had been a past bud gone steroid.

Luckily she had only delved in her shadow arts opening up a path to future knowledge and used her mechanical skills to lay traps for all of these adversaries, none of whom actually gave any meaningfull answers to what DevaZR had forgotten.

Screenshot158.png

Duriel damnation roll for DevaZR needed,

Code:
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Dragon claw        N
No2 Wake of fire       N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Screenshot137.pngScreenshot138.png

Obligatory Isenhart's case
Screenshot148.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
I'll throw a proper update later by editing this post but... need my Duriel roll! My current damnation is Iron Maiden :)
MaBThlEl.png

As requested by @D4di56lu3, I will join with an Assassin named Karrin (fan of the Dresden Files here - yeah, the hair color isn't right, I know...). Progress will probably be made even more slowly than usual, because I want to record it and that usually only works when my family isn't interrupting gameplay. Which is about... Almost never. Because I go to bed as soon as my kids go to bed. I might have to go on a "training week" in another town to get some time for this 😅

But yeah, at least I have chosen on a character and name. Now I need some advice on what skills are actually able to do some damage in Hell. I know that Phoenix Strike is a good skill to get you through Hell; and Shadow Warrior or Master as minions are always usable. CoS and Mind Blast for crowd control. Mercenary to do the killing. Are kicks/martial arts skills actually effective in untwinked single pass gameplay?

@Babyhell rolled 9 -> dim vision
Noooo! Sorry @Babyhell :cry:

Started up Terra. The journey through Act I was entirely unnoteworthy. In fact, the only screenshot I took was of killing Andy, which was surprisingly easy on /p8.
Screenshot011.png

I am being nudged out of my typical playstyle in this tournament, it's very refreshing. I typically like to hoard stat and skill points on characters, usually keeping ~40 stat points in reserve (just in case), but Amazon's really need all the str/dex/vit they can get as soon as they can get it. I kind of strategically picked an Amazon for this tournament (plus I've never guardianed an amazon), since a lot of the skills (Critical Strike, Dodge, and Avoid) are passive and I've already got them at my planned end game level (7, 1, and 1), so them getting damned is essentially a bye. She's sitting just a tad under level 21, and probably will sit until I finish norm with my random tournament barb.

So with that, I'll need a roll please.

Rich (BB code):
Javelin and Spear (0)
01 Jab 0
06 Power Strike 0, Poison Javelin 0
12 Impale 0, Lightning Bolt 0
18 Charged Strike 0, Plague Javelin 0
24 Fend 0
30 Lightning Strike 0, Lightning Fury 0

Passive and Magic (12)
01 Inner Sight 1, Critical Strike 7
06 Dodge 1
12 Slow Missiles 1, Avoid 1
18 Penetrate 1
24 Decoy 0, Evade 0
30 Valkyrie 0, Pierce 0

Bow and Crossbow (7)
01 Magic Arrow 1, Fire Arrow 0
06 Cold Arrow 1, Multiple Shot 3
12 Exploding Arrow 0
18 Ice Arrow 1, Guided Arrow 1
24 Strafe 0, Immolation Arrow 0
30 Freezing Arrow 0

edit: @Grisu It's been a long time since I played an untwinked kicker, and I think I deeded her in NM, but I think they are viable. Worst case, you can load up on CB and just use Dtalon, it'll certainly do enough damage for hell.

Last edited:
Beat Duriel. Need a roll.

Act 2 was quite uneventful. Switched to a Spear and used mostly Charged Strike and Cold Arrow. I'll finish up the Tombs and head to Kurast after. Only notable drops were Sigon's Helm and Civerb's Amulet.

edit: First Damnation wad Explosive Arrow.

Rich (BB code):
Explosive Arrow        N
Impale                 N
No3 -                  N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Last edited:
As requested by @D4di56lu3, I will join with an Assassin named Karrin (fan of the Dresden Files here - yeah, the hair color isn't right, I know...). Progress will probably be made even more slowly than usual, because I want to record it and that usually only works when my family isn't interrupting gameplay. Which is about... Almost never. Because I go to bed as soon as my kids go to bed. I might have to go on a "training week" in another town to get some time for this 😅

But yeah, at least I have chosen on a character and name. Now I need some advice on what skills are actually able to do some damage in Hell. I know that Phoenix Strike is a good skill to get you through Hell; and Shadow Warrior or Master as minions are always usable. CoS and Mind Blast for crowd control. Mercenary to do the killing. Are kicks/martial arts skills actually effective in untwinked single pass gameplay?
Trapsin can obviously do Hell very easily (LS, DS and FB for lightning imunes)
Death Sentry by itself is nice for hell (a slightly weaker, but cheaper CE)

Dragon Talon is good single-target damage (and very good for applying CB to bosses). You get an extra kick every 6 skill points.

Dragon Tail I don't have a lot of experience on, but what I do know is it is a little clunky due to needing to do damage to the first target in order to splash the fire damage. (i.e. it is not good against Physical Immunes or Fire Immunes)

Dragon Claw is basically a Double Swing / Frenzy. It is fine, but not amazing. Hell viable though.

I know some people have made Tiger Strike work, but it is single target. You charge up using dual claw and switch to a big damage two hander to unleash I'd personally prefer Dtalon (and AR is an issue).

CoS is amazing - you don't really need MB if you have CoS available (it's also weird in that you only want 1 point in it).

One thing to note (and especially as you said that you are going to be progressing slowly) is that Blizzard are going to release a patch and one of the things they were planning on buffing was assassin martial arts (and I think Blade Fury)

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
bdzF5QUl.png
D4YLmHbl.png

Gambling sessions results!

Act 2
This act was still easy with few skellies. Target was the close to the max Skeleton Mastery, and that worked pretty well, even with 3 skellies only. The act was only the building up of MF, with flawed topazed in a 3os Breast Plate and a 2os rare skull cap.

Dropwise, there were those Bloodfists, then this Nokozan relic, and... that's it.

Act was completed at clvl 26, and on to the jungle.

Act 3
Here again the skellies were strong enough... until Travincal and the Vampires from the Durance. Big sticky boi had been supported as much as possible, and in order to get Summon Resist to 6, the last level had been grabbed between the Durance and Lower Kurast, to replenish pots - and get some cash for gambling gloves later.

A pretty nice ring had been found early, and helped the building of MF, while giving some GF:
hf9xYiHl.png

Afterwards I thought I found the unique MF ring...and Manald it was. Vidala's boots were found too, but alone they are not worth anything really, a Snakecord, and finally a nice rare amulet with MF, life, replenish, some PRes:
ijFhv4il.png

Mephisto had been slain (slowly...) at clvl 31, using Decrepify and waiting for the merc to do the duty while being potted. Yep. Feeling strong...-_-

Need first Mephisto damnation!
edit: Iron Golem

TheDeadman skills (32) Unused (0)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (27)
01 Skeleton mastery 18, Raise skeleton 1
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 1, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (1)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 0
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 0
12 Bone Wall 0
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 -                  N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

See you on next update!

Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location               Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------               ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp             Higher than Babyhell
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    71    NM Harrogath           36
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    31    Pandemonium Fortress   09
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein            03
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    20    Lut Gholein            03
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein            06
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary       03

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High