Mafia game thread

Because the Harry and Ted are the ones "under fire" since they entered the sphere. So claiming Beth or Norman makes you blend in more.

I don't think I buy that line of reasoning... they know that if we follow the movie that Beth and Norman will both shortly follow, so it really doesn't provide much cover. Claiming to stay as Ted/Harry however removes the obvious clump in the N/B Group leaving that line of questioning out and leaves us back to trying to eliminate single groups which we already see as a town losing strategy. So if he's bad, he'd want us to pursue that strategy and should opt to stay put.

IDK...

If you don't get a second PM, you're not Mafia. This to me means that all first role PM's will be the same in terms of bio and if you get a second PM (probably at N1 after twilight) that one tells you you are mafia. Could be wrong, but Sath's conditions seem to be laid out quite well.

The bolded portion is what I was after. What makes you think the mafia PMs were sent so late into the game? Why not immediately following the character PMs?

The bolded portion is what I was after. What makes you think the mafia PMs were sent so late into the game? Why not immediately following the character PMs?

I too would like to hear the answer to that question, MartinLong.

It could. It's plausible either way which is why I said probably, BUT it doesn't change much IMO. The mafia role will still be in a second PM, thus making the ROLE PM not all that useful.

My reasoning to think it happened N1, is because we started at twilight. Sath started the game off with a half day of noone having any win conditions, it would make a interesting start - people trying to find scum D1 would truly be picking apart nothing.

To me, it makes sense, because as I read in other games, certain mechanics warrant different set ups (ie, Governor in a game usually makes the days longer to help with his decision - read at mafiascum).

Vote: flubbucket

We got to get something done, and flub hasn't helped out much. I acknowledge it is a weak reason and would prefer a laarz or pharphis lynch, so I will be open to switching to them if we can.

Vote: flubbucket

We got to get something done, and flub hasn't helped out much. I acknowledge it is a weak reason and would prefer a laarz or pharphis lynch, so I will be open to switching to them if we can.

I agree. Perhaps you are just a "joiner" or just going along with the crowd because I'm sure you don't have an agenda...

Because the Harry and Ted are the ones "under fire" since they entered the sphere. So claiming Beth or Norman makes you blend in more.

I find this worth noting.

Agreed. Apart from Coju, Flubbucket is the closest to getting my vote at the moment. Pharphis is up there as well.

kestegs always looks like he is Scum.

Why?? Because of the reason???

Zokar, why do you consider flubb a Ted? he hasn't claimed, other than a soft claim, sort of, yet. If flubb has I must have missed it.

Post #304 ...before it was cool

Precisely.

Okay, that's enough for me to continue. I'd still like to hear Val's claim, but it's no longer vital.

Assumption #3: Characters are balanced. 20 players, four roles, means five players sharing a role. 21st player is odd man out, give him anyone random, meaning there's a sixth for one role.

Tying in Assumption #3 with Assumption #2: If I were mafia with the information revealed at the end of Day 1, I'd have one or two scum fake claim. If assumption #2 is correct, then they all have access to the proper, original role PM, so trying to catch them via trick words or what have you is not going to work.

For example, if the Scum Harry claimed a Norman, and the Norman scum got lynched, it's likely that the town may just stop looking at Normans for more scum. Eventually they'll go through all the Harrys, find no scum there, and wonder if perhaps assumption #2 is wrong, or if scum Harry is hiding amongst Beths, Normans, or Teds? That's the kind of gambit I would try to run as a mafia, and I can name a quite a few people in the thread that would likely come up with a similar idea.

So, to hammer this in...

Both franklin and Flubbucket are pressing the idea that "one scum from each role". To me, this looks like they're setting up the groundwork for the above described gambit. I find that highly suspect. Anyone suggesting that we don't talk about a subject instantly gets my attention, and Flubbucket is suggesting that we simply accept assumption #2 as fact and stop talking about it.

This is not true.

I would like for you to CLEARLY point out where I'm "pressing" any issue. If you read Goryani's post #383 and to a lesser extent #387, the same idea is being conveyed. For some reason you didn't jump on him, why is that???

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but your facts are "clearly" not supporting your thesis.

Unvote: Sathoris

well my vote didnt show up in the post count, so that theory is dead...

i honestly thought it might work becuase we have all speculates that sathoris could be the sphere,

I am not opposed to your lynch, Glib, because of the aforementioned post by Caluin Graye as well as your 8 or so mostly noncontributing posts.

i honestly thought it might work becuase we have all speculates that sathoris could be the sphere,

Did you just think up this excuse now? Or did you really think that you could lynch the host?

Did you just think up this excuse now? Or did you really think that you could lynch the host?

I can confirm that Sathoris is not a valid target for votes, only players listed on the alive player list are valid targets.

This is not true.

I would like for you to CLEARLY point out where I'm "pressing" any issue.

I already did. Twice, in fact. You even quoted the post where I did so. I can't give you any other examples, because you're not contributing anything else to the thread.

If you read Goryani's post #383 and to a lesser extent #387, the same idea is being conveyed. For some reason you didn't jump on him, why is that???

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but your facts are "clearly" not supporting your thesis.

Goryani's proposed theory is opposite what thefranklin thinks. Since you agree with thefranklin, then what's the connection between you and Goryani?

No, it was coju who first tried floating the idea of 'one scum per character role'. He did it in a way that wasn't really clear, though. Goryani pushed against coju, stating that lynching all of one role to prove the theory was dumb. (Which it is). thefranklin agrees with coju (#344), and you agree with thefranklin (#397).

If anything, you have more of a connection to coju than you do Goryani. Three guesses as to whom else is high on the 'to lynch' list, and the first two don't count.

Also, I don't remember getting verification on when Pharphis got his night instructions. Is it possible he targeted omg not knowing it would kill him?

I still wonder why omg was chosen.

and which posts would those be? if there are any posts that exist that I've missed that would suggest or imply that my point is wrong, I would gladly like to see them and will promptly change my vote.

You just get scummier by the post!

I'll be waiting for your reply, scumbag :D

I'm not going to go find them, you likely already read them looking for the quotes you made.

I'm calling you native because it's your first game, and you are acting over zealous just like I did my first game. And I really don't think you're mafia, so I hope you can get past this.

Please provide 20 quotes where every single person speculates this theory.

I already did. Twice, in fact. You even quoted the post where I did so. I can't give you any other examples, because you're not contributing anything else to the thread.

Goryani's proposed theory is opposite what thefranklin thinks. Since you agree with thefranklin, then what's the connection between you and Goryani?

No, it was coju who first tried floating the idea of 'one scum per character role'. He did it in a way that wasn't really clear, though. Goryani pushed against coju, stating that lynching all of one role to prove the theory was dumb. (Which it is). thefranklin agrees with coju (#344), and you agree with thefranklin (#397).

If anything, you have more of a connection to coju than you do Goryani. Three guesses as to whom else is high on the 'to lynch' list, and the first two don't count.

Sathoris??

I'm not going to go find them, you likely already read them looking for the quotes you made.

precisely, and I didn't find anything that makes me think something other than what I already posted and you're not refuting, so... *shrugs*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High