Mafia game thread

So the Ted consensus is that his claim seems legit?

When does day end? Doubt we have time to change though.

So the Ted consensus is that his claim seems legit?

When does day end? Doubt we have time to change though.

Goryani casts doubt on that, and this is something that we will need to get to the bottom of. No question about that.

Night 2

They all handled the situation and its repercussions in their own way. Harry hasn’t said a word to any of the others yet as he kept going over all the possibilities. Quietly murmuring to himself from time to time, going through scenarios of how this all will play out. Ted already started working on his book about the first human contact with an alien being. Having on more than one occasion stressed that it was he who deciphered the message and that no one will steal this moment from him, but he couldn’t stop thinking about the Sphere and how entering the Sphere would be vital to his book.

Beth took things a little harder, she kept thinking about what Harry said about the creature inside the Sphere. That it was now out and free to act. How long until the creature turned hostile? And with the storm raging on the surface they had no way of escaping. If things took a turn for the worse, could she really handle five days stuck down here with a monster they had no knowledge on? What if it was already inside?

Norman took his job seriously and kept a close eye on everyone else. As a psychologist he had his emotions under control. The others didn’t much care for psychology which means they aren’t really in touch with theirs. Who will be the first to crack?

It didn’t take long before they started attacking each other.

“Calm down, Beth!” Harry said agitated, “no one here is undermining you.”
“Yeah right, you think you’re so superior, Harry. You’re all working on your own plans and nobody is including me in any of this. We’re supposed to stick together here.”
“Back off Ted, you’re not touching me!
“Okay okay, I just think you should lie down for a while and get some sleep. Nobody here will do anything that will jeopardise our trip back to the surface.”
“Don’t patronize here Ted,” Harry joined in, “you’re not exactly thinking of our welfare, but your books.”
“I should get some sleep?” Beth reacted angrily, “How about you get some sleep!”
“People, calm down! Now you may all discredit my field of work whenever you want“, Norman said, “but you've got to realise this helps nothing and it is exactly why I was brought on this trip. We're all tired. Now let's get some rest and discuss what to do in the morning. Thank you.“

Ted woke up grumpily, not remembering how he woke up in his bed. He must’ve fallen asleep thinking about his book. He’s had a long day. The others we’re still asleep. Now’s the time he thought. He quickly rushed out of bed and grabbed his diving suit and proceeded to make his way to the Sphere. He still had no idea of how to get in, but if Harry could figure it out he was sure he could to, in time.

As Ted stood in front of the Sphere he began to panic slightly, what if the others woke up and saw me standing here? It wouldn’t help the group’s chemistry, that’s for sure. There were already signs of them turning on each other. But that’s what makes me entering the Sphere so vital, Ted rationalised.

Ted stood there in front of the Sphere for a while when suddenly he saw his reflection in the Sphere. His reflection proceeded to move up and up into the top of the Sphere. And then Ted vanished.

Ted has entered the Sphere!

---

mr teach has been modkilled despite being PM'ed and being online for most of the day. He was Harry Adams, town.

Day 2

Ted managed to sneak back into his bed without anybody noticing. He lay there weeping for a while, he couldn’t remember anything but he felt profoundly different. Like something ate away at his heart and filled it with darkness. But why did Harry have a headache and he didn’t? Did Harry remember and is that why he has a headache? Ted decided to wake Harry up and confront him while the others were still asleep. As Ted got up he passed a mirror and stopped. He stood there for a while watching himself. Almost like he wanted someone to come over and talk to him, but no one came.

“Harry, wake up.”
“I’m up, I’m up. What’s going on? Is Jerry back?”
“No no, nothing happened as far as I’m aware.”
“Oh, ok. What are you doing?”
“I went into the Sphere, Harry. There’s nothing inside.”

Harry quickly put on his glasses and got up. As he looked into Ted’s face there was a flicker of understanding and fear. The Sphere wasn’t empty, and somehow they both knew it. However they still had no idea what it actually was.

“How do you feel Ted?”
“Like I lost control over some part of my mind, I’m having trouble differentiating between reality and fiction. What the hell happened inside that Sphere?”
“I don’t know, I keep having panic attacks that we’re going to be attacked by... erm… something. We have to talk to Jerry. Let’s wake the others and try to contact him again.”

They roused Norman and Beth who were happily sleeping and didn’t hear a single thing of what was said.

“Before we establish contact again we need to formulate a game plan.” Harry said.

WHAT IS A GAMEPLAN?

“Oh my god… Jerry can you hear us?” Norman asked.

YES NORMAN.

“Have you been listening all this time?”

YES NORMAN.

“What are your intentions Jerry?”

I WISH TO TALK WITH YOUR ENTITIES.

“Jerry, entities like ourselves, we need some privacy from time to time. You can’t always listen to us.

I DON’T WANT TO STOP NO.

“I know, but it’s making us feel uncomfortable and scared. Can you stop listening to us when we’re not in this room?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

“He’s mad”, Norman said anxiously, “use your words Jerry.” “Damnit, Harry what’s that noise?”
“It’s the sonar, it’s picking up something. It looks like… oh my god.” Harry’s face turned white from fear.
“It’s a giant squid.”

As the squid came closer, Norman could count the arms, and he saw the long tentacles, glowing lines extending far beyond the body. They heard the gurgling of water over the hydrophones as the squid came closer. For a moment, the great creature turned sideways to the habitat, and they could see its profile; the enormous glowing body, thirty feet long, with the huge unblinking eye; the circle of arms, waving like evil snakes; the two long tentacles.
When suddenly the squid latched itself onto the habitat. Alarms bells starting ringing and the whole place shook.

I AM HERE.

“No Jerry don’t, you’ll kill us all!” Norman shouted.
The squid appeared to hesitate.
“He’s listening!” Norman grabbed a flashlight and shined it out of the porthole. He blinked the light once. The great body of the squid glowed green, then went momentarily dark, then glowed green again and moved away.
“I’ve got to keep talking.” Norman said as he followed the squid past the portholes while shining his flashlight. The squid kept responding. As Norman reached the airlock with no portholes he opened the hatch in the floor.
“Careful, Norm.”
“I’m telling you, he’s intelligent. Here he comes now”
They could not see the squid yet, only the glow. Norman blinked his light into the water. The green blinked back.
“Still talking”, Norman said, “and as long as he’s talking-“
With stunning swiftness, the tentacle smashed up through the open water and swung in a great arc around the airlock. They quickly ran away. Norman had almost reached the door when the tentacle swung back and wrapped around him. His eyes were wide with horror. They had a last glimpse of Norman’s body as it was pulled into the inky water. They all couldn’t believe it, especially Harry was shocked most of all by the intelligence in which the squid killed Norman.

omgwtfbbqpwned has been killed. He was Norman Johnson, town.

Minus one Harry and one Norman.

If we're still thinking that whoever goes into the sphere turns mafia, I propose that we lynch either all the Harry's or all the Norman's; since there is -1 of them compared to the Beth's and Ted's.

BTW, I am Beth as well.

@SATH: When do the time do the days and nights start/end?

Re: Day 2

(further thought process)

Lynching all of the Norman/Harry players would confirm our hypothesis, correct? As someone cornered Keg's yesterday by saying smthn to the extent of, "Yes, lynch everyone but your character," I would have to say the same thing if Beth happened upon the sphere last night.

Minus one Harry and one Norman.

If we're still thinking that whoever goes into the sphere turns mafia, I propose that we lynch either all the Harry's or all the Norman's; since there is -1 of them compared to the Beth's and Ted's.

BTW, I am Beth as well.

As for the Beth claim - would it be possible to post your pm to prove it?

Claimants:

Malevolent - Unrelated Character- Theodore?
Pharphis - Harry
Zokar - Norman
Caluin Graye - Norman
Kestegs - Norman
Solar Ice - Norman
Goryani - Theodore
Moar - Theodore
Laarz - Harry
Gwaihir - Elizabeth
MartinLong - Elizabeth
Flubbucket - Theodore?
Coju - Elizabeth

That leaves;

ThunderCat: One of the Four. Does not specify who.
JCakes
Pyrotechnician
Thfranklin
Valhauros
Pancakeman

Mass character claim time, lady and gentlemen. Lets get to it for those that are outstanding.

Considering that pretty much everyone has claimed no abilities and there was no kill on Night 1, gives more credence to a theory that there is no Mafia at the start of the game and they are "recruited" as soon as they step ito the Sphere. Anyone can offer any other reasonable explaination? First it is Harry and now Ted. It is reasonable to assume that Norman and Beth will also step into it at some point. How many Mafia are now there? One of Ted and one of Harry? More than one?

Then there is the question of Malevolents claim that Goryiani (Ted...) casts doubt on. But it may be best until everyone claims their character before getting around to getting to the bottom of that. And If anything on my list is wrong/missing, please point it out.

I believe that all Harrys or all the Teds should be lynched.

Thoughts?

Pyro claimed Elizabeth, and matched PM's already.

We can look at specific names for suspicious people, but following it blindly the the end is a horrible idea. Assuming everyone is one of the 4 main characters, there are 5 or 6 of each, meaning that to lynch all of one person requires us to spend 4 days to lynch (if the sphere recruits a mafia a night) what is likely to be 3 townies and 1 mafia - not worth it. Also, not sure that eliminating a person from the story completely is good for town. Regular scum hunting seems a much better idea.

TC: I count 6 Normans- Cg, kegs, SI, Zokar, you, and omg. Did I miss one?

Did the squid just eat about 2 pages of posts? Or is it just me imagining things and posting...

Goryani casts doubt on that, and this is something that we will need to get to the bottom of. No question about that.

I cast doubt that both Moar and Malevolent are accurate because they disagree with each other. Moar initially said one word was replaced Comparing the role PM I posted with the role PM Malevolent posted showed more differences than that single change. There may yet be more Ted's so I'll give them a chance to weigh in before I spoil everything.

That said, I have a feeling none of this will end up mattering. I think if there was a mafia Ted, they would receive the same PM as the non-mafia Teds.

Did the squid just eat about 2 pages of posts? Or is it just me imagining things and posting...

No, you are not imagining it. My post that Gwaihir posted is gone. Malevolents reply and my reply to him is also gone. Laarz posted something after that as well. I will re-post my question to Laarz.

Theodore Fielding

You are Ted Fielding. You’re the good-natured and enthusiastic astrophysicist of the group. Despite your good intentions your often annoyingly enthusiasm inhibits your relationship with the others. Your drive to find something that will make you famous tends to come off pretentious and opportunistic.

Currently you have no abilities other than your good will.

That's my PM. It has "good will" in the end which is what i reacted to your post. I already wrote a post about it which isn't showing here now along with quite some other posts. I said you were in a different league than me. I reacted to the changed last word and that the rest of the PM sounded like what I recieved. Didn't occure to me to look for changed words in sentences and the name. I'm just not that good.

Why wasn't mr teach mafia then coju? if i understand what you are saying.

I never stated that EVERY ****, Harry, and Floyd are mafia, Laarz. Have you forgotten the discussion that one person in the sets could be the 'evil Harry'.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High