Mafia game thread

My theory such as it is, 5 of each main character= 20
1- jerry, makes 21 at the start of the game

The reason for 2 groups with 6 people in them, one is jerry and one is someone who felt the need to move out of their group for some reason.
May be nothing to it, but coju peaked my interest when he talked about a spy because thats what jerry does in the movie it seems.

What makes you think there is a "Jerry"... I just don't feel it. I get the feeling that an attempted even distribution of the 4 main characters was the original start and the 2x6 1x4 grouping suggests that at least 1 person is not where they belong, but I don't think such a person is "Jerry"

The reason for 2 groups with 6 people in them, one is jerry and one is someone who felt the need to move out of their group for some reason.
May be nothing to it, but coju peaked my interest when he talked about a spy because thats what jerry does in the movie it seems.

What kind if role so you think Jerry might have if he is in the game?

The problem I have with this theory is that we could have had 19 or 22 people sign up just as easily, its not like sath capped the signups.

I've made it to 448. :

Sorry, but lynching me won't grant y'all a spy. Why tf would a spy out himself? I'm even not that stupid

It's a soft implication yes. However, he only has 8 posts, most of which don't actually contribute anything. I guess it's possible that he's not townie and just lurking hoping to not draw attention, but at this point kestegs is giving me a lot more ammunition to use.

Agreed. Apart from Coju, Flubbucket is the closest to getting my vote at the moment. Pharphis is up there as well.

kestegs always looks like he is Scum.

I agree with you on the kestegs bit. However I also find Malevolent scummy. As mentioned before, the whole not reading his PM just sounds like BS.

There is no Jerry. As mentioned before, when Harry translated the numbers, he intentionally said it's Jerry instead of Harry.

I've made it to 448. :

Sorry, but lynching me won't grant y'all a spy. Why tf would a spy out himself? I'm even not that stupid

A Traitor/Spy needs to reveal himself to the Mafia in order to get recruited, since the Mafia will not know who it is but may know that there is one in the game. This is done by breadcrumbs, but subtle ones so as to not attract attention of the Town.

The post that I am voting you on does this. You have not explained why exactly you have have italicised the "spies". Putting emphasis on that word means that should a Traitor/Spy be in the game, the ones that it is aimed at have a better chance of catching the breadcrumbs.

You thinking that Spy is a good thing for the Town is wtf.

I agree with you on the kestegs bit. However I also find Malevolent scummy. As mentioned before, the whole not reading his PM just sounds like BS.

It really does sound like BS, does it not? How can a player completely miss the most fundamental thing that relates to his participation in the game? Not saying it is for certain that it is BS, but it is extremely suspicious to say the very least.

So we have 5 Harry, 4 Ted, 6 Norman and 6 Beth. That doesn't look balanced. With 21 players youd' have 3x5 and 1x6 if you don't have anyone outside. That leads me to questioning the 6 Norman and 6 Beth players. One of them must be lying and be a Ted who doesn't want to be a Ted.

Its easy to make someone look bad when you ignore all the posts in between.

I didn't post my role pm because:
1. Didn't seem necessary
2. It. Doesn't. Prove. Anything.
3. I'm lazy and on my phone

and which posts would those be? if there are any posts that exist that I've missed that would suggest or imply that my point is wrong, I would gladly like to see them and will promptly change my vote.

No, you're just naive.

You just get scummier by the post!

I'll be waiting for your reply, scumbag :D

So we have 5 Harry, 4 Ted, 6 Norman and 6 Beth. That doesn't look balanced. With 21 players youd' have 3x5 and 1x6 if you don't have anyone outside. That leads me to questioning the 6 Norman and 6 Beth players. One of them must be lying and be a Ted who doesn't want to be a Ted.

exactly, and that person is kestegs imo

exactly, and that person is kestegs imo

I don't know. What about PCM coming in late and claiming late when there was just a Harry and Ted left to be laimed for even numbers? I am more suspicious of that than kestegs.

So, I'm going out to dinner soon, then probably off for the night. I'm going with my gut feeling and voting Mal, for the reasons stated thus far. No one can be that incompetent to not read their ROLE PM. Phar missing his night PM is believable because, I too know the lame functions of tapatalk.

I'm still feeling strongly towards voting anyone who keeps trying to out think Sath or can't read the rules (NOONE STARTED WITH WIN CONDITIONS) as they are going for complete misdirection and stop scum hunting and occupy us all with game mechanic intricacies.

Vote: Malevolent

I don't know. What about PCM coming in late and claiming late when there was just a Harry and Ted left to be laimed for even numbers? I am more suspicious of that than kestegs.

Then why would he claim Beth instead of one of the Harry/Ted slots

Define "started".

There are no win conditions in the initial role PM's. If you don't get a second PM stating that you're mafia you are town. This will be clear once the game is underway.

If you don't get a second PM, you're not Mafia. This to me means that all first role PM's will be the same in terms of bio and if you get a second PM (probably at N1 after twilight) that one tells you you are mafia. Could be wrong, but Sath's conditions seem to be laid out quite well.

Then why would he claim Beth instead of one of the Harry/Ted slots

Because the Harry and Ted are the ones "under fire" since they entered the sphere. So claiming Beth or Norman makes you blend in more.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High