Mafia - Borderlands!

Shocker!! This might even come off as a reasoned argument IF YOU HADN"T TAKEN A POT SHOT AT ME IN YOUR SECOND POST OF THE GAME (during twilight, I may add). Doesn't seem like your "intuition" has evolved much over the last week. Further, in later comment you accuse me of making false accusations vis a vis my prior experiences in mafia, and when I rebut those accusations {crickets}.

I wouldn't want accuse you of bullying a relative noob for laughs, so my best guess is that this is a CLASSIC case of DEFLECTION.

Shoot: The Silver Shroud

A pot shot? It's mafia, and everything can be a pot shot no matter how innocent it sounds.

That sounds like an OMGUS reaction if I ever heard one.

You rebut those accusations? Your "rebuttal" doesn't really hold water good sir. While you were only modkilled one time, the countdown clock was there the whole time. It's not anyone's fault but yours that you missed it and saying "you weren't aware of it's existence and it served you, personally, no benefit", just means that you were not really reading the rules, especially at the start and end of day phases.

Also not to mention you still haven't answered my question in post #93:

Oh there's still time Scott.

So tell me, why should I shoot someone else as opposed to you?

Well give me a reason?

Also pointing out one thing about your play style that makes me a bit suspicious:

You never ask questions about game mechanics, general game play, or most anything Mafia related outside the game thread. You don't really ask anything or aren't a part of any pre game or post game discussion, nor do you participate in any dead threads once you're dead. You hold any and all questions until the game is in progress.

While you may have a tactical reason for this, I can't be sure, so I'm naturally more suspicious, especially when factored in with other things previously mentioned. Case in point: We all have IRL matters, and stuff to do. But, while playing an active game literally EVERYTHING has or can have an ulterior motive, regardless of how innocent it seems or how truthful the statement is...it's the way the game works.

Consider this a bit of a teaching post, I'm not fronting a personal attack here and please don't take it that way - I'm playing the game the way I was taught and the way I learned from playing multiple games over time. I picked something and prodded at it, nothing more.

Another point, like i said everything has/can have a motive. So while your rebuttal on some points is correct (you were modkilled once, and not twice as I thought at first), you fail on the clock part because you did not see it. In a bigger mafia game where things get heated, that would be enough to cause someone to vote to lynch you (for what is a simple misobservation/omission/or slight lie) because no one knows noting about you unless you are in their small pool of allies and any little thing can be used against you.

So, in the future, be very careful of what you say, because it can and often will come back to haunt you.

/end semi teaching post, going back to playing now.

Do what you will. But consider my previous post before choosing me. Ask yourself, "Whose arguments are based on FACTS and whose are based on FEELINGS"?

This too Scott, In mafia anything is game. People would call you scum for doing that (in essence trying to avoid gettign lynched by being too defensive, it's happened to me)

And with that, I now rally for a standing 'rule': anyone directly asking for things spelled-out in the game thread should be towns default lynch for that day unless another better target comes along.

"But zem, that's really unfriendly to new players!"

Yep, sure is. However, we have had at least three games now where large swaths of a dayphase were pissed away trying to explain little things. I'm not saying we need to be total dicks, but we can very strongly urge newbies to hold direct questions until the end, or try to bring it up in the sign-up. Hell, even an OT thread... We do have a whole forum to spam, and it could use the traffic.

Reasoning is pretty much that it gives any newbies that happen to be scum an easy "hide in plain sight" while "contributing". Also, as noted above, it can really be detracting to actual game-play.

That said, I have questions that need answering.

@The Silver Shroud- who strikes you as most fishy in their overall behavior and why?
@DiabloTwoinDC- if you had to choose 3 candidates for today's lynch who would they be?
@zemaj- according to your previously stated rule we should consider DiabloTwoinDC our default lynch now, right? Do you stand by that?

@Noammr
You are correct, sir. Also, yes, I do.

Shoot: DiabloTwoinDC

I dunno, going by the logic in the first post...

Shoot: Noammr

I also think it is fishy on why Zemaj waited to whip out his gun? And he needed to be prodded by Noammr, who tossed in a softball of question.

Man that bolding is hard to see, but I bolded Zemaj's rule and the latter half of noammrs question to zemaj.

This was the quote the piqued my interest. 1. He is way to into voting, which was useless on day 1 (and he knew that) and 2. He seemed to foreshadow the lack of a NK.

Again, only my second game. BTILC had no lynch/no NK on day 1. I just wondered if that was a typical rule.. Seems like asking this stuff during game play is just raising suspicion on me. So, I'll try and bottle up those questions til afterwards..

And, in case anyone is asking, my vote on Bad Ash because: He's one of the least active players. And, like Zemaj said, a lynch would be better than a modkill. So, will wait and see if he shows up.

A pot shot? It's mafia, and everything can be a pot shot no matter how innocent it sounds.

That sounds like an OMGUS reaction if I ever heard one.

You rebut those accusations? Your "rebuttal" doesn't really hold water good sir. While you were only modkilled one time, the countdown clock was there the whole time. It's not anyone's fault but yours that you missed it and saying "you weren't aware of it's existence and it served you, personally, no benefit", just means that you were not really reading the rules, especially at the start and end of day phases.

Also not to mention you still haven't answered my question in post #93:

Well give me a reason?

Also pointing out one thing about your play style that makes me a bit suspicious:

You never ask questions about game mechanics, general game play, or most anything Mafia related outside the game thread. You don't really ask anything or aren't a part of any pre game or post game discussion, nor do you participate in any dead threads once you're dead. You hold any and all questions until the game is in progress.

While you may have a tactical reason for this, I can't be sure, so I'm naturally more suspicious, especially when factored in with other things previously mentioned. Case in point: We all have IRL matters, and stuff to do. But, while playing an active game literally EVERYTHING has or can have an ulterior motive, regardless of how innocent it seems or how truthful the statement is...it's the way the game works.

Consider this a bit of a teaching post, I'm not fronting a personal attack here and please don't take it that way - I'm playing the game the way I was taught and the way I learned from playing multiple games over time. I picked something and prodded at it, nothing more.

Another point, like i said everything has/can have a motive. So while your rebuttal on some points is correct (you were modkilled once, and not twice as I thought at first), you fail on the clock part because you did not see it. In a bigger mafia game where things get heated, that would be enough to cause someone to vote to lynch you (for what is a simple misobservation/omission/or slight lie) because no one knows noting about you unless you are in their small pool of allies and any little thing can be used against you.

So, in the future, be very careful of what you say, because it can and often will come back to haunt you.

/end semi teaching post, going back to playing now.

First, If someone can tell me how to quote certain phrases within a post it would be greatly appreciated--and make my responses much easier.

Second, why so sensitive about me expressing my feelings about my previous experiences. It was meant as a complement to the current moderator, not an attack on any previous one. With respect to the clock-- whether it was in the last game or not-- I did not avail myself of it because I was unaware of it. Because it was explicitly pointed out in the game thread I am using it in this current game. Perhaps I should have been more specific in my comment. I applaud the mod for POINTING OUT the existence of the countdown clock.

Third, as to post #93. I have no answer. That question is meant for me to throw someone under the bus--while potentially making me a target by them. Frankly, I was willing to take the hit as being non responsive or evasive as opposed to throwing a dart at a map and likely hitting another town. In all honesty, at this point in the game YOU are the only player that strikes me as scum. Maybe its because I've never played with you and it's your play style, and maybe its because you chose me (of all people to accuse during twilight) as your initial target, but based upon what I've seen I don't see any better options.

Finally, RL takes up way too much of my time that I can't dedicate any time to Mafia when I'm not actively playing. Maybe that is to my detriment, but my wife, kids, work, sleep and other hobbies don't afford me the time to refine my skills when I'm not playing. Note: As you are aware, I was modkilled last game for not posting at least twice during a day period.

Beyond that, the affiant sayeth naught.

First, If someone can tell me how to quote certain phrases within a post it would be greatly appreciated--and make my responses much easier.

Second, why so sensitive about me expressing my feelings about my previous experiences. It was meant as a complement to the current moderator, not an attack on any previous one. With respect to the clock-- whether it was in the last game or not-- I did not avail myself of it because I was unaware of it. Because it was explicitly pointed out in the game thread I am using it in this current game. Perhaps I should have been more specific in my comment. I applaud the mod for POINTING OUT the existence of the countdown clock.

Third, as to post #93. I have no answer. That question is meant for me to throw someone under the bus--while potentially making me a target by them. Frankly, I was willing to take the hit as being non responsive or evasive as opposed to throwing a dart at a map and likely hitting another town. In all honesty, at this point in the game YOU are the only player that strikes me as scum. Maybe its because I've never played with you and it's your play style, and maybe its because you chose me (of all people to accuse during twilight) as your initial target, but based upon what I've seen I don't see any better options.

Finally, RL takes up way too much of my time that I can't dedicate any time to Mafia when I'm not actively playing. Maybe that is to my detriment, but my wife, kids, work, sleep and other hobbies don't afford me the time to refine my skills when I'm not playing. Note: I was modkilled for not posting at least twice during a day period.

Beyond that, the affiant sayeth naught.

Shoot: Scott Berland

You're dodging questions and refusing to answer. That's enough of a scum tell to vote in my book.

I know that one! :)

Just highlight the portion you want to quote, and it will pop up with two options. One of them being +quote.

You can also use serperate windows, I often right click on the reply option then cut and paste. Or use the multi quote (+quote) feature.

I dunno, going by the logic in the first post...

I also think it is fishy on why Zemaj waited to whip out his gun? And he needed to be prodded by Noammr, who tossed in a softball of question.

No offense, but I don't think you understood the logic you quoted.
And your face is a softball.

Why are you asking me...I have had my debates on trusting you. You keep trying to call people out on sum play at random times. I havnt agreed with all he has said, but not none...and for asking me in such context...I must

Must you? Do you think my actions so far have been random?
Read again and pay attention.

Me looking at DiablotwoinDC , Silver Shroud, and Scott Berland fighting it out...is so confusing to read on a phone

It's pretty hard to follow on a computer too.
My instincts about those three have shifted back and forth, was initially very suspicious of SS.
Not so sure anymore.

@Scott Berland, We all ave IRL.

I picked you to prod on purpose for a few reasons:

1. Because you've never been in a serious and much more heated (debatewise) game of mafia.
2. I wanted you to have a taste of how things can really be in a game once things begin getting heated. I've seen much worse.
3. Like anyone else, I wanted to see a reaction from you,

#93 is not meant to "throw you under the bus" it's meant to generate discussion, in essence I'm asking you who you find scummy, even in the least and why. By saying that "you have no answer" is pretty much leaving yourself open to being lynched, because saying "you have no answer" is equivalent to saying "I don't want to answer, or I can't/won;t answer" for whatever reason. It leads people tho think - Are you scum? Are you protecting your buddies? Also from a scum point of view it can make scum think "is he a power role? Should we kill him tonight instead of someone else?

NEVER be willing to take the hit as non responsive. If you're town, your goal is to survive as long as possible and catch scum and lynch them. If you have an investigative role, try and stay alive so you can investigate and maybe get a guilty read on someone. Doc? Stay alive and protect those you think are town or someone that claimed a role. By willing to die, you're hurting the town if you are town and if you are scum...you aren't helping them either.

I may be striking you as scum, but I know you IRL and i know you haven't played a serious game of mafia. IRL aside, this is how these games work.

You can also say that you say naught and throw in any legal mumbo jumbo you want, but it doesn't work in mafia, people still will ask questions, be suspicious, not like your answers, think you're lying and so forth.

Good luck, Im going back to playing and stopping the teaching commentary until post game.

Shoot: Scott Berland

You're dodging questions and refusing to answer. That's enough of a scum tell to vote in my book.

Fine, here's a question...

Why did you try to take me out (for fun) during the twilight period in only your second post of the game? (The first making some random wood chipper comment)

You noticed that I was, in your words, lurking? Was anyone else lurking, or were you only paying attention to my activity? Is lurking (in the very beginning of a game) usually indicative of a scum-like activity? [as an aside, I have no idea how to tell if someone is lurking. As far as I know, if you don't post you are not actively or passively participating in the game.]

So Shroud, if you would be so kind, please tell the group (with specificity) why you chose me in your second post and continue to do so days later? Please focus your answer to the twilight period as the other critiques you've had about my posts came after you selected me at the outset.

Bottom line, admit that I've seen through your facade and that you are mafia. It will cleanse your conscience and you will feel better in the long run--and you may save an innocent townfolk's life. How bout it, Shroud?

Fine, here's a question...

Why did you try to take me out (for fun) during the twilight period in only your second post of the game? (The first making some random wood chipper comment)

You noticed that I was, in your words, lurking? Was anyone else lurking, or were you only paying attention to my activity? Is lurking (in the very beginning of a game) usually indicative of a scum-like activity? [as an aside, I have no idea how to tell if someone is lurking. As far as I know, if you don't post you are not actively or passively participating in the game.]

So Shroud, if you would be so kind, please tell the group (with specificity) why you chose me in your second post and continue to do so days later? Please focus your answer to the twilight period as the other critiques you've had about my posts came after you selected me at the outset.

Bottom line, admit that I've seen through your facade and that you are mafia. It will cleanse your conscience and you will feel better in the long run--and you may save an innocent townfolk's life. How bout it, Shroud?

It's called RVS.

Random Vote stage Link: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Random_Vote

and i admit to nothing.

To all:

Tomorrow I'm going to the Cubs game (the 2016 World Champion Cubs--Shroud :p) So I wont be active until mid to late evening--if at all. On Sunday the NFL starts and you'd need a forklift to get mew off the couch--so I'll be around (provided its still daytime in the game and {gulp} I haven't been whacked).

VOTE COUNT SUBROUTINES ENGAGED.

DiabloTwoinDC (1): Zemaj (158);
zemaj (2): coju (163); IronArrrow (182)
The Silver Shroud (1): Scott Berland (171)
Bad Ash (1): DiabloTwoinDC (174)
Noammr (2): thefranklin (179); mrewak (185)
Scott Berland (1): The Silver Shroud (186)

No offense, but I don't think you understood the logic you quoted.
And your face is a softball.

Must you? Do you think my actions so far have been random?
Read again and pay attention.

It's pretty hard to follow on a computer too.
My instincts about those three have shifted back and forth, was initially very suspicious of SS.
Not so sure anymore.

No offense, but I do and I am happy where my bullet is heading. I put my vote on the person with the innocent 'hide-in-plain-sight' prodding comment that also suffices to sidle up against someone else. Scum buddy? Possibly, since Zemaj's rule wasn't supposed to be an attack on anyone, yet it is. And an easy target that person is, someone knew with seemingly time to post and a personality we aren't familiar with. I could use two bullets on a day like this day.

No offense, but I do and I am happy where my bullet is heading. I put my vote on the person with the innocent 'hide-in-plain-sight' prodding comment that also suffices to sidle up against someone else. Scum buddy? Possibly, since Zemaj's rule wasn't supposed to be an attack on anyone, yet it is. And an easy target that person is, someone knew with seemingly time to post and a personality we aren't familiar with. I could use two bullets on a day like this day.

Do as you wish, just don't justify it with faulty logic.
The reasoning you just supplied is not what you stated when you voted.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High