Mafia - Borderlands!

5 to lock, keep in mind, we're one vote off on Zem (right?)
Short time, would like to see more people put their opinions on display before we lock this.

I would still prefer to lynch ewok btw.

It's not looking like we're going to be able to get votes on Ewok today. Some people won't be online and some people won;t change votes so...?

unshoot: Noammr
shoot: Zemaj

Ah well, that's the lock then.

oh wait...you prefer to kill me.....this is kind of awkward.........ok noammr... im going to be honest now...im sorry i placed my vote on you...you asked me my opinion on someone else and it really made feel more on the spot than i like....that is most the reason i voted for you...now that i realize i wasn't on the spot....i think it is safe to move my vote to someone else

You sound earnest.
Of course, that could always be an act but I will take it at face value this time and will take a moment to explain.

A lot of early game for me is about applying pressure and forcing players to interact, often in ways which are contrary to their natural inclinations. You push people out of their comfort zone and force them to answer questions and take a stand in order to hopefully catch a slip by those playing against the town.

Your reaction to being questioned is exactly why I labeled you as scum - it seemed overly defensive and retaliatory.

That said, a scummy aggressive-defense and a new player knee-jerk defense look very similar. There are a lot of new players in this round and this will make the town's job harder, so to all you new players: try to keep the wider perspective and goals in mind, winning is not about your personal survival.

and how are we supposed to know you are town....you are not allowed to tell people which side your on without your role saying you can....i could be wrong about this....but either your lying or breaking the rules...and we dont know which....

You can;t irectly quote your role PM but you can say or claim anything you like, for example if your role PM says you are the town store owner, you can say hey I'm the store owner, but you can't directly quote the specific language in your PM.

and how are we supposed to know you are town....you are not allowed to tell people which side your on without your role saying you can....i could be wrong about this....but either your lying or breaking the rules...and we dont know which....

Maybe you should read through and old game or two....

And since I'm dead, I will elaborate more on the virtue of being VT.

Being VT is a power-role. You have the power to piss people off, say whatever you like, and generally be obnoxious and outspoken. This generates conversation, which can be used to compare play later on. It also lets PR's stay more low-key, letting them do their thing, if VT is bring heat on themselves by saying what needs to be said and generating hate. Basically it's the power to not have to worry, that pretty much whatever you do will help town. Even in getting yourself lynched, you give the town a vote history, because scum love a lynch-train and I can gaurentee scum will be found on any that occur.

So in that light, I used my power to great effect. Just wish I could have strung it out more, though I probably would have been NK... But even that is essentially a tell, and one night the scum didn't kill a PR.

Being VT is awesome! :D
well put on the importance of a vt.
Maybe you should use the last post's to try and out scum.
But, if you are VT, you have done much, imo.

Final vote count:

zemaj (5): coju (163); IronArrrow (182); thefranklin (228); DiabloTwoinDC (233); mrewak (236)

mrewak (2): Noammr (211); zemaj (244)
The Silver Shroud (1): Scott Berland (171)
Scott Berland (1): The Silver Shroud (186)

Bad Ash (0): DiabloTwoinDC (174/233); zemaj (212/244)
Noammr (0): thefranklin (179/228); mrewak (185/236)
DiabloTwoinDC (0): Zemaj (158/212)

---------

The contestants went into the second day a little more wary, holding their first shots until targets could be lined up. Heads peaked around corners furtively while shadows flitted between pillars, denying anyone a clean shot.

Vault-Hunter zemaj fired the first shot, and perhaps that is what lead to his downfall. Was it a slip of the finger? A sensed weakness he tried capitalizing upon? Or was just tired of the constant whining of Mr. Torgue about how nobody was dying yet? Probably the latter.

In any case, once the first shot was fired, it quickly become a free-for-all. Not everyone took aim, but many of the other contestants zero'd in on the sound of that first shot. Under a quick hail of lasers, rockets, and sniper rounds, zemaj's shields broke and he was put down.

Dragged off the course, he did manage to raise his left hand and give a single finger salute to the rest of the Vault-Hunters.

----------

zemaj has been lynched! He was Vault-Hunter zemaj. Town. Vanilla.

----------

Day three starts when the counter reaches zero. Please have all night actions submitted to me before that time.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...p0=202&msg=Day+three+start&font=cursive&csz=1

Wow! lot's of action overnight!

RIP Zemaj. RIP Noammr.
See Ya Bad Ash, we barely knew ye.

The scums' odds are improving.

Shroud, while I appreciate the un-vote--with these new developments I have to stick with my initial intuition and think that you're a bad guy.

As such,

Shoot: The Silver Shroud

RIP Zemaj. RIP Noammr.

Shroud, while I appreciate the un-vote--with these new developments I have to stick with my initial intuition and think that you're a bad guy.

As such,

How do these new developments lead you to a vote on me? It seems like a continued OMGUS reaction to me.

How do these new developments lead you to a vote on me? It seems like a continued OMGUS reaction to me.

My opinion never changed. It was just bolstered with the diminishing numbers. Statistically, it's very likely that one of is scum-- and I know I'm not.

{Am I supposed to know what OMGUS stands for? } Based on context I have the gist of it, but don't know what it stands for, specifically.

RIP Zemaj. RIP Noammr.

As such,

Yea, wow. 3 in one night.. Strange it doesn't say Noammr's affiliation. :confused: I'm still not sure what's going on between Scott and SS. Dunno whether SS is beefing just to press Scott, or if each really feel the other is Mafia, or what..

If it wasn't for me, he might have lived....I locked it....you were the 2ed....you voted him due to him attacking new players...I voted him because everyone else did....over the night...I defiantly took a lot of time to figure out who I thought was town and who wasnt...Noammr was on the list of town.....same with Bad ash.

This post seems kinda fishy to me. Especially since you're the one who sealed Zemaj fate..

And, how you figure Bad Ash was town? o_O He didn't even post anything.. It's easy to come say that once the Mod had posted all info. Also, it's one thing to "know" someone is town. Another thing entirely whether you want them to live or not..

Why should we focus on silver shroud when there could be several other people who could be mafia.....I think if shroud was the person who killed during the night, you would be one of his first choices....I'm not saying it wasn't silver shroud...I'm just saying that I'm going to wait a little and see what happens and hope yesterday doesn't happen again...or last night

I kinda agree with this. You figure if Scott or SS were Mafia, they would have wanted to target the other last night. With all the cross-accusations.. But, also that may be too obvious. Eliminating your rival makes you look guilty.

RIP Zemaj. RIP Noammr.

As such,

OR -

You could be scum and using yesterday as a reason to vote me.

@D2DC Bad Ash is listed as vanilla town in the opening post of the day.

Sorry, had to deal with baby crying.. :(

it said bad ash was town....it said vault hunter bad ash. town. vanilla was modkilled....or something like that.....

Maybe I'm confused with what all the .... mean?

I defiantly took a lot of time to figure out who I thought was town and who wasnt...Noammr was on the list of town.....same with Bad ash.

Sounds like you're saying you thought about it last night, and figured out that Noammr and BA were town. Before CG revealed everything today.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High