Holy Grail Berserker

@Mest666 As @Yng was wondering, for typical Pit Zerkers it’s generally better to hork on Tele switch. Difference is small, but the faster hork and higher FI % (in particular in case of 2% Find Item jump) is more beneficial than the extra MF on kill switch. Depends on MF amount as well, but at least for 750+ MF you’re likely better off horking on switch given diminishing MF returns kick in big time.

The Hall of Records thread explains the calculations and scoring system used around here normally to measure efficiency, which is "seconds per boss kill" (including horks), and how to run the numbers for different the MF amounts on your 2 slots.

It’s a 3-4 frame difference in casting animation on every Hork (nearly half of which you will gain no benefit from the extra MF at all because the hork will be unsuccessful)

E: just to clarify @Mest666, I’ve been watching your thread (and read yours on the other site as well) and your dedication to running is amazing, keep going! This just grabbed my attention when I was watching your recorded drops.

Hello!

I've heard about your projects. Pitzerker holy grail is my thing too. I see you've done some nice analysis of maps, items etc. It is always nice to see some record of drops. Do you have any test map procedure? Like how many runs you do, what are you lookong for (specific tiles, well or just bosspack average)? Also, do you keep record of numbers of packs per run for every run you do?

Hope you will finish the grail before loosing hope and motivation! I am at over 50% CL for tyrael's and found 9 templar's already. The struggle is real xD

Good luck, what about all other items?
I think it may be better to start from Black Marsh WP, somehow Pit is close to Outer Cloister kinda often. It is to be tested.
Most important thing is bosspacks per hour. I'm doing 100 or more runs and count monsters. I got a theory that maps sometimes mutate, average number of bosses drops or they start spawning in different places, but it's just a theory. Recently I rolled small but fast map. Average number of bosses on level 2 isn't close to 3, (which probably happens only on big maps), but I'm close to 300 monsters per hour.
I'll also test effectiveness of high mf hork vs high fcr hork, would be cool if I somehow added 2 sockets to switch weapons (Ist+Ist).

I got 2 items left already.

Some pictures:
Show me smaller Pit map than mine.

vQInPYM.jpg
VwHJfbi.jpg

SccoMtA.jpg
PyF5LZQ.jpg

@ffs yeah, horking on tele switch is better but some people just don't like pressing to many keys xD

@Mest666 I have a lot of tc 87 items. Like 13 grandfathers, 12 windforces, 7 death's fathoms etc. It is faster for me to teleport from Black marsh waypoint. I count the number of packs and then do all those calculations that are posted in hall of records. Pitmaps are definitely interesting object to investigate. My current one has an average of 8.39 bosspacks per run in the course of 4950 runs. That's pretty sick. Too bad that i have all of this on my other D2 installation and i can't use my effectiveness numbers here in the forum xD

You can see how much closer is it from black marsh.
HQ6zhxp.jpg

And this is my map. It is dense, short, has a well and only 1 devilkin nest. Most of the packs spawn at the same area each run and they are often clumped together.
HOzJKVo.jpg

I will have to roll some decent pitmap on my untwinked barb after i reach lvl 99 with him, cause i also want to finish the grail with him only.

How do you count monsters over 5000 runs?
8.39 is probably the biggest possible number.
I got only 7,4 on my map, yours must be best map ever

Several known maps exceeded 8.39 bosses, see any recent post in this thread and check Pit category tables. What matters is not the number of bosses but how many are killed in a certain amount of time, normally people here measure it as "seconds per boss kill". It's not too hard to find a map with 8+ bosses, but the problem is 99% of those are very big maps that aren't efficient to run. (Of course likewise not every super small map is good if it doesn't have many boss packs.)

I'd consider the 7.4 avg on your super small very good, it can be improved for sure but can takes many hours to roll a better map. Best option is to use a second barb to look for an improvement, but I guess that's not an option with your project here. :)

Keep going btw! Cool to follow this.

I learned to count packs during the run and write it down in notepad after the run is finished. I was doing series of 25 runs then putting the numbers in excel and calculating stuff. The average from first thousand runs was 8.45, then it was getting smaller with each thousand. I get something like 8.35 for 5th thousand, but overall average stays around 8.39. Would probably drop even further but i don't play that barb anymore. I reroll the map if it doesn't have high number of packs per run (ofc if it is not linear or it is large one i reroll it too). Usually looking for 8+ packs after like 100 test runs. My current map is 30th that i kept for a longer time. Rerolled much more than that though.

@ffs yeah, i know. I got something like 1.65 efficiency on my map over those 5k runs. Got some series of runs with the efficiency below 1.5. I know that my map can be played better than i do it, but i already improved a lot.

Updates again

Items:

Wanted dead or alive: Tyrael's Might & Wisp Projector

normal stuff:

Arreat's Face #5
Pluckeye #3
Stone Crusher #5
Dragonscale #5
Death Cleaver #5
Doombringer #5

Two more interesting screenshots, I am not planning to use WC skillers, dropped it
01GhXmi.jpg
erj60Gv.jpg

Ethereal Grail updates:

Lance of Yaggai
The Grim Reaper
Serpent Lord
Rakescar
Griswold's Edge
Hawkmail
Spire of Lazarus

String of Ears
Infernostride
The Oculus

Jade Talon
Djinn Slayer
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Earth Shifter (!)

Youtube, no music, because silence is nice to hear too.
This probably will be hell of magic find before next item...
So far 750 hours, about 246000 drops

What a fckin nonsense, 1 non eth Templar's Might and 3 ethereal ones in a row...
of course 4 is total number for my barb

VNwglMH.jpg

Last edited:
5th Sacred Armor dropped.
Somehow I didn't record it...
Fortunately it was this:
non eth, that was strange o__o
4HoLyOM.jpg

Lol, I missed MFO, because I wanted to create trading profile, but "tomorrow".
I'll count points for fun though
So far 50 hours of itemless period, 50,8% total chance of finding Tyrael's Might
Look what I found:

nS7KFMu.jpg

Well I beat you by a couple of points, but would gladly have given up all my top 5 to find a griffons :p Great stuff though, glad you're still at it :) How many hours did you put in over mfo?

Well I beat you by a couple of points, but would gladly have given up all my top 5 to find a griffons :p Great stuff though, glad you're still at it :) How many hours did you put in over mfo?

Congrats, not much, probably around 20 hours, though I ddin't count

100 hours without new item
I changed map, it didn't take long, is it the smallest map ever?

Vf3Tx7S.jpg

I have a question... Did you farm Cow King Set? Looks like it will take some time without farming The Cow King... I am wondering what is the best way to do it. Sorry for double post.

Yes, either kill many cows (nightmare for helm & boots, normal for armor) or farm Cow King
With any other character than barb it won't take long

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High