Fallout 4 Mafia Game Thread

Initial thoughts:

Looks like I got mostly confirmed as town for my night actions on day 3 completely by accident due to randomised effects.

Still don't understand why I got Franklin as a result on the last night and not my own name.

Noodle's playstyle backfired! Any other player would've been successfully lynched.

Apologies to all of you for my terrible performance, this is not how I usually play. Been looking forward to this for ages but ended up drowning in super serious RL issues so I couldn't really play until the last day (and at that point I was basically along for the ride).

Exceptional play from Pyro imo, gg.
Also brilliant doctor save on that last night, wanjai.

I fucked up, was high on cough medicine. Noticed it the next day. By then it was too late to do anything so I let it go...

I agree. Mafia knowing how weather affects them would have helped.

Seconded.
Also, what's the rational behind giving the town so many investigators, SS?

And, of course, thank you for putting a huge effort into building the setup and hosting, seems like a lot of work.

I ****ed up, was high on cough medicine. Noticed it the next day. By then it was too late to do anything so I let it go...

Good to know, it didn't matter but at least I didn't fundamentally misunderstand my role.

Did you like me "losing my temper"?
I sure did. You blew the game when you did that.

You alright there Zarni? o_O
Right about there.. When you gave us a full fake claim, while we were just asking a straightforward question.

The funny thing is that if D2DC was a more experienced player, I would have less chance of getting lynched.
Lol. Sorry I wasn't experienced enough to fall for your B.S. fake claim. Maybe next time, do a little more fact-checking before you post. Otherwise **** Tracy gonna get ya! :D

@The Silver Shroud, Thank you very much for hosting the game and giving the town role. I think I would be pretty bad being a mafia for my first game. I really enjoyed playing and looking forward to read everyone's comments.

All the item drops and weather patterns are really neat. They really added something to the game. It's got us talking and trying to figure out what would happen.

I love reading the death thread and mafia chat. It was fun and new to me. It looked like all players really put an efforts to try to win the game which made the game even more fun.

PS: Wanjai did great, no problems there. D2DC with the Nuka Cola result made me laugh every time I reread it. I hit the "Show" button expecting something and bam! hilarity.

Yes, agreed. I think I'd have been able to talk my way out of a lynch if not for her. Good job sticking to your guns, wanjai. You have a real flair for sniffing out scum. I hope you play with us more.

Thank you very much guys. :) I always love being a townie. I don't know if I will ever be able to pull out the scum play though. lol I definitely would love to play more games with you guys. It's really fun.

@Pyrotechnician, Agreed with CG and Noammr that you were brilliant!!! I would be intimidated if I play against you. lol

@Noodle You are very entertaining!!! I don't know If I could ever take you seriously in this game but you sure made me laugh a lot. lol

@Zarniwoop I thought for sure that you were wrong about this super mutant suicide but you were so right. I never thought that there ever was such thing in the mafia game. You played great the first couple days and really got me to think that you were town. But it was just unfortunate that I was a doctor and got really suspicious of you when you kinda indirectly claiming the dr role.

@Noammr @DiabloTwoinDC Thank you for the great team effort. I enjoyed being on the same team with you guys.

@zemaj @Prestige7 Both of you got killed early so I didn't get to know your play style much but nevertheless, thanks for the game, guys.

1. Extreme thanks to Silver for setting up and modding the game. I loved the concept/theme/items/weather in theory and practice (for the most part, some comments like the others). This is the first time in a long time that a game has made me want to be more involved. It definitely added a different edge and it wasn't a bad edge.

Comments on items - I picked up two EXTREMELY USEFUL (Read: Extremely Swingy) Items.
- One being the Daddy-O Drops where I could avoid any NK that night (amazing on a clear weather night)
- One being the Mentats where I could perform 2 night actions instead of one

When I mentioned that the items could be helpful, yeah you bet they can, the right item drops could have swung the game one way or another real fast.

Then again, so could the different weather patterns, a couple of nights with lightning effects could have made the game exactly like the Bad Ash bus driver game. I'm extremely curious to the effects of the other weather patterns. I think just from experiencing the darkness one, the mafia should have been able to kill in the darkness (or at least just the one that could see in the dark? the lemonade dude?)

If we played the same exact game again, I'm willing to bet the game would turn out extremely different almost every time.

2. There was obviously some last minute balancing that was happening with this game, since the original game setup had room for many more roles, I have a feeling that some roles were merged. Just from the pieces of the game setup that silver posted above I can see the differences. I'm not sure how much of this evolved last minute, but there were some obvious ones, although it all seems to have worked out. The only one that really caught my eye was that one of the Mafia fake claims was essentially my role with the silver shroud outfit, the fake claim was that they could investigate and then vig shot the following night. In this game I never posted my full role, mainly because it was so amazing, no one would believe the whole claim. (Read code below for the whole thing, this will probably piss the mafia off even more, although you had a role blocking godfather so how mad can you be):

Code:
Greetings and welcome to The Fallout 4 Mafia Game!

You are Nate, The Sole Survivor of Vault 111: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sole_Survivor

You are the protagonist of Fallout 4. You are Pro Town.

You can choose one of three costumes to wear for the duration of The Fallout 4 Mafia Game, you also do not have to chose a costume at all. The costumes are as follows:

1. Vault 111 Jumpsuit (Grants a random passive effect.)

2. Armored Silver shroud Outfit (Grants a random passive effect.)

3. Railroad Heavy Armor MK VI (Grants a random passive effect)

4. No costume (?)

Win condition: You win when all of the Commonwealth Mafia have been either lynched or otherwise killed.

The game will begin with 9/10 people have confirmed their role PM's. Please confirm your role by replying with the name and alignment of your role, also please choose one of the three outfits mentioned or choose no outfit.

Good luck!

Code:
Update:

The Silver Shroud Costume grants some specific bonuses as it is modded to be armored beyond it's maximum armor potential, using Ballistic Weave from The Railroad faction. The optional Welding Goggles that the suit comes with (these are completely separate from the welding goggles item drop that may occur in game, and are a look I created for my character in Fallout 4) are also modified and armored with Ballistic Weave. These modifications allow a very high damage protection bonus, from very specific attack types. (meaning you aren't NK proof.)

While The Sole Survivor can be accompanied by Dogmeat or or one of The Other In-Game Companions, as The Silver Shroud, he's typically a lone Vigilante, at least The Silver Shroud Character in game before you as the player takes on the role was sole.

You as The Shroud, may target one person per night to see if they are hostile (scum or otherwise). I will tell you if your target is hostile or not, but not anything else.

If you get a hostile read on a target, you may shoot them the next night and leave behind a Silver Shroud Calling Card.

You also aren't without your own protection: You have a one shot counter attack. If a hostile targets you and attempts to NK you at night, you instantly counter attack and kill your attacker, leaving behind a calling card.

My thought to why so many investigative roles? Because of the high randomness of the game. With 3 mafia, 4 town, and 3 neutral (1 was sk/bomb) either side of the game could lose a person right of the bat just by looking at noodle. I only got lucky because my role had built in protection but from all of the other claims, it looks like anyone else would have died. The game could have been over real quick in a mafia victory. I might not have even had an investigation power if I picked one of the other costumes. Also, a lightning rod effect on night 1, no one would have claimed what happened that early in the game. We were only able to piece together what happened out of sheer luck so really all the town investigative roles were or would be useless as well.

3. Player by player:

Zarniwoop - Angry much in that mafia thread? ;) I loved the part where my D*** was so far up D2DC's butt, nice comment. Although if there was an easy way to post all of my PMs, you could see the anger in some of them, I at one point apologized to Silver for being so heated in some of my posts.

D2DC - Come on dude, how did you manage to get yourself modkilled, otherwise we had a perfect game! Nice work this time around, even with my **** in your butt.

Noodle - You at one point made the comment of how you never were picked as scummy this game? I didn't pick up you were the suicider (obviously), but you were the locking vote not once, but twice, normal noodle is not that daring, there had to be something up, so I pushed off looking at you for longer because there had to be a reason especially with the large number of neutrals.

Wanjai - Great job on your first game, you played extremely well for a newbie. :) I hope you continue playing with this group, its fun. Great choice with that doc save, although I hope we would have been able to pull it off anyway! Its rough not being able to self protect, when you posted your choices for saves, it was obvious that you couldn't though because you never once listed yourself and no sane doctor role would do that.

Prestige7 - Sorry about the lynch, but you didn't give us much input, maybe next game we get to interact more.

CG - Policy kill N1 for suggesting me as NK in the second post of the mafia thread, I need a new vendetta anyway since everyone else is gone. :p Although since you are usually high in the analysis of players like Goryani used to be (enjoy the compliment, it will be your last!), that is probably a good idea anyway.

Noamrr - I seriously did think you were scum that day, luckily for your Zarniwoop just couldn't resist being lynched. Watcher/tracker is a rough role unless people start claiming, did they go, did they come? What do you do with that information without exposing a power role. I think in a bigger game it would have been a very situational claim in terms of usefulness.

Zemaj - Apparently everyone thought you were either scum (investigated by two cops) or a great NK target, you were just wanted all around, I hope that makes you feel special, in a strange sort of way...?

thefranklin - This is the first time ever, that I have not been at odds with you. Every game I've ever played I thought you were scum as scum can be, not sure what it was about this game but your posts seemed to be in the right direction for the town for most of the game (I should have known you were scum because of it though). You just unfortunately got caught because there were just too many claims out there.

4. I enjoyed playing with all of you, its been a while since I've played, but I still haven't completely lost my edge it seems. I look forward to killing you all as scum next game.

Who's got next? If no one else wants to run one, I have an idea for a game, but I'll side step if someone else was next up.

I'd like to host one with a Narcos theme, but I have no idea what I'd be doing/what would be balanced.

I've co hosted a couple games in my time...I'd be willing to sit out if you needed a hand.

I have a great idea for a game.

Who's up for real night-killing and lynching?

Also, does anyone have a driving licence that covers an actual bus?

I'm soon heading to Berlin for a week and a half and probably can't host or play; I'll offer to cohost if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer, but I already PM Pyro with the planned setup. I doubt I'd be able to start before a few weeks anyway. Don't really know what I'm doing. :eek:

Some ideas and thoughts that did not make it in:

There were going to be frequent rad storms just like in the game, this would have caused a slow buildup of radiation that would have eventually caused people to begin turning into feral ghouls
The feral were either going to behave like a cult.

The mafia faction was originally planned to be generic NPC types, like raiders and Gunners vs other players. I also had a thought for a second mafia faction sort of like competing raider gangs.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High