Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I'm pretty decent with Excel, but after column A you lost me on what you want it to do. :D So i'm with ioupainmax. Perhaps an Excel would help make it clearer.

I teach Excel as a part of my maths unit; but little more than statistical functions and graphs. The most complex thing we do is use data to create a control chart.

Over the last few months I have watched (or should I say rewatched) the Drawn Together series, the Mr Hell Show, all the Total Drama series', the complete Futurama, even some Happy Tree Friends; and now I'm at a bit of a loss what to watch. I lent my copy of Quads to a mate, so I hope to get that back at some stage and watch it again but after that I'm looking for something new. I'm well past the Simpsons; American Dad and Family Guy/Cleveland do nothing for me; and Archer and Adventure Time are really hit and miss. Anyone got any suggestions? I am quite partial to puerile, politically incorrect, animated comedies.

I mean the obvious suggestion is Rick and Morty but you've probably already heard that suggestion or watched it. Bob's Burgers is much more mild than the others but you might find it entertaining enough.

I mostly drink pure but there are a few that water does enhance the flavour.

Any excel wizards here?

I'm trying to do this:

In column A I keep scores.
in column B I have ranges to notify me to go up. (like 50, 250, 850)
in column C I have ranges to go down. (like 30, 190, 710)
In coumn D I have what I should be at. (0.25, 1, 3)

Now the hard part is this, if I have been above 50 and I'm on 1 I can keep beeing on 1 till I dip under 30. The going up and going down works like it should but the ranges in between from 50-30 gives me the lower value of 0.25 while it should be 1.

Have you tried drinking copious amounts of whiskey, and then giving it a try?

I mostly drink pure but there are a few that water does enhance the flavour.

Any excel wizards here?

I'm trying to do this:

In column A I keep scores.
in column B I have ranges to notify me to go up. (like 50, 250, 850)
in column C I have ranges to go down. (like 30, 190, 710)
In coumn D I have what I should be at. (0.25, 1, 3)

Now the hard part is this, if I have been above 50 and I'm on 1 I can keep beeing on 1 till I dip under 30. The going up and going down works like it should but the ranges in between from 50-30 gives me the lower value of 0.25 while it should be 1.

@kamap: Did you still want help with this? I'm curious about this now...

@ioupainmax - Apologies mate. I think there's still a conversation in my inbox I never replied to. I'm slack, and it's hard to keep posting and keep up to date. I'm pretty sure it was from months ago, but time flies and well... Real life gets in the way too much. (This is both a positive thing, and a frustrating part of life. Why can't life be simple all the time, and give me time to do everything!)

What little I've seen of Rick and Morty I've not particularly liked. On the other hand what little I have seem of Bob's Burgers I have, it seems to have gone under my radar. One Punch Man I've never heard of, I'll take a gander.

Been looking at it a bit, but unfortunately it doesn't help me getting it clearer on what your aim is.

Column A is for several scores which i assume you'll fill in manually. I'm guessing that in column B you want to highest number of column A mentioned and in column C the lowest? And i don't even have any clue what column D is supposed to do. Or why there are a few numbers in green?? (it's not that Irish holiday is it? :rolleyes:)

What's also confusing me is that in your experiment sometimes you seem to want to get the largest number, while in others it seems like you try to create segments, where if a number is between x and y you round it off to y. And in G8 there's all of a sudden a SUM of a few cells that i have no idea where it came from or what it's for. Nor do i have any idea which (if any) of these experiments are even close to what you want it to do. So right now i'm really guessing on what you want, rather than knowing what you want and seeing if/how i can get your there.

It would really help if i could understand what these columns stand for and what's supposed to happen. Let's say you have A2 up to A10 filled and want B2 to see what the highest number in that range is. If i know that is what's supposed to happen, then i could create something that would do that.

Yeah definitely missing context to understand what it is that you're trying to achieve.

A is indeed scores filled in manually, which go up and down, like start at 0, 30, 51, 39, 25, 65, ... (the 850 is just leftover for now)
B are the treshholds when you can move up.
C are the treshholds when you need to move down.
D are the "levels" you can play at.
G2 is the highest "level" reached.
F2 is the cel I use to link my formatting to.
G4-7 are the formulas to check at what level I should be at.
H2 is the last number in collumn A.

H5-8 and I and J don't really matter for the moment and are just there cause of experiments.

Now what I want B,C and D to do is colour green when at the appropriate level so anything between 50< and >250 then B3, C3 and D3 should be green.
Once you went above 50 then they should stay green till you dip below 30 and when you dip below 30 B2, C2 and D2 should be red.
Now if you start rising again B2,C2 and D2 should turn green again till you again get above 50 and so on.

Geen means moving up or playing at the level, red means you came from a higher level but are going down.

Stay a while and read this and comment.
Some people might have already read parts of it, but it has been edited and changed.

So you are interested what made me go into adventuring.
If you can stay awhile and listen I'll tell you a tale about why I became an adventurer.
Let’s start with how my parents met.
It was a sunny spring day, my dad was taking a stroll through the woods looking for berries cause he does enjoy his berries.
It so happened that my mother also enjoys berries and she was picking big baskets full of them to make pie, jam and the like.
My mum was humming a little tune which my dad heard from a distance, so he followed his ears and nose.
By then my mother and the baskets she was carrying where giving of an enchanting smell or so my dad always tells us.
They got to talking and sharing stories and berries and from one thing came another and they got married.
Then I came along, together with some brothers and sisters, we were a rambunctious lot.
So to make this part of the story very short, my father was an elf and my mother smelled of berries.
Incidentally this is the answer I give when people are being annoying or asking stupid questions about my parentage, it leaves them puzzled and they stop bothering me.

Our house was always filled with singing or some instrument being played, both mother and father liked to sing and played instruments.
Some of us enjoyed singing along and with time also learned to play musical instruments I'm good on the viol or so my dad always told me.

While we were growing up our parents regaled us with tales of our many greats grandfather how he was a wizard and did all these amazing feats.
How he died holding his own against a red dragon that wanted to burn down an elven settlement.
Keeping it at bay long enough for help to arrive and helping to slay it but in the fight he was gravely wounded trying to retrieve his staff which he lost because of a particular vicious attack from the beast.
He died shortly after the battle due to his injuries sustained.

When I got older strange things started happening around me, bullies who made fun of us because we were different, suddenly fell asleep or found themselves with soiled clothing.
If my younger brothers and sisters were scared or sad and needed comforting, a beautiful song could be heard but the source of it never found.
One time I came across some bullies who had cornered someone and I went to intervene, I came closer and noticed that they had cornered one of my younger brothers and had been beating him. They started taunting me that I couldn’t help my brother cause I was alone and they had us outnumbered and started beating him right in front of my eyes, while the lead bully kept me at bay and was laughing right in my face.
That got me so mad and pissed off I started punching the one that was right in my face and it looked like one of my punches struck him with lightning it looked like he got frozen right on the spot, a few seconds later he appeared to come around and looked at me oddly and ran.
This turn of events threw the others for a loop and one of them started advancing on me when all of a sudden a small bolt of fire leapt from my hand missing him by an inch. After that episode me and my siblings where never bullied again.

One evening I was approached by my granduncle.
He wanted to tell me some more about my so many greats grandfather.
Something our parents couldn’t tell us cause they didn’t know was that because of my grandfather’s sacrifice his line was blessed with the powers of the dragon he helped conquer, so that in every generation to come at least one draconic sorcerer would be born.
An enchanted tome that would record every sorcerer born to his line was entrusted to his first son who would be the first sorcerer, the book would be updated when one of his descendants started showing signs of being a sorcerer and my name had recently been added to the book.
My uncle gave me his necklace with a gleaming crystal on it that would help me direct my powers and he told me that I should never take it off, till I had an arcane focus of my own.
He showed me a few simple tricks to control and direct my powers.
For the first time I could deliberately do the strange things happening around me and I now knew why they had been happening around me, I was a sorcerer.
He told me that when I was older he would train me and if there were more sorcerers in my generation that we would all train together,.
It was also made clear to me that I should keep all this secret to anyone except my parents and that if I ever do marry I should tell my partner cause there should never be secrets between partners.
I was cautioned though to not tell my parents right away but wait till I was older when I knew more about being a sorcerer and what it meant to me.
He warned me that something in us sorcerers calls to a lifestyle of adventuring and danger, it wasn't an easy lifestyle but it could be very rewarding.
He himself had experienced the call and had lead an adventuring lifestyle till he lost his lower leg and knee due to an infected wound from an arrow he took and had to retire from adventuring.
Next he told me that if I was serious about adventuring I should start saving some money cause he and the others could only help me so much and starting an adventuring life wasn't really cheap.
Over the years my granduncle helped to hone my skills and helped me prepare for that adventuring lifestyle he liked to talk about.
When I grew older I started realizing my granduncle was right and I felt trapped in our little town.
So I had a plan to make some money by doing something that I loved.
A few years ago when I was little Someone who was travelling through our town played music on the street and people gave him money to show their appreciation.
No one but our family really knew that we liked singing and playing music, it was something our family did together.
So people who knew me where surprised to see me at the market square singing, playing music and doing little magic tricks or telling stories but they did enjoy it and soon I became a fixture there.
When the weather grew colder I was invited to set up shop so to speak at the small inn in our town.
It was a good deal, they had more clients, I was out of the cold and always had a free meal and drinks.
My parents loved the fact that I could make a living from something I enjoyed so much. When I had saved up enough I told my parents about being a sorcerer and what that entails.
The talk lasted all day and went deep into the night but eventually my parents knew I just couldn't stay and had to go find my place in the world.
After a tear filled goodbye and with promises to stay in contact, my granduncle and I set out to our next destination.
When I voiced my concern that it would be hard for him with his one leg and all, he just looked at me and sprouted wings.
He assured me that he would have no problems at all and that I might be able to do the same thing later on when I had some more adventuring under my belt.
We met up with some people my granduncle seemed to know, I learned that they were all family and these where the ones my uncle told me we would be meeting.
They had horses for us and we continued our trek, while travelling we got to know each other better and I learned I was the third sorcerer of this generation.
It wasn't unheard of but didn't happen very frequently, off course the more children there were the chances of there being sorcerers also grew.

After a few days we reached a mountain and were led to a cave that was hewn out of the side of the mountain.
It was explained that only relatives with the gift could come in here easily.
Anyone else first had to see through the illusions and get passed the guardians and traps.
There was a circular room with a pedestal in the middle with a thick tome resting upon it, around the outer rim of the room where roughhewn stone seats.
This heavy tome contained all the names of every sorcerer in our extended family.
Another corridor brought us to a living space and there was plenty of room for all of us to stay and enough food to last a while.
A few actually lived here and helped guard the cave and tome lest it fall in the wrong hands
If we needed to reach other sorcerers in our family we could send messages here and they would be relayed to the right persons, if we needed help or a break from everyday life or just wanted to stop on by, we would always be welcome and have a safe haven here.
We were all presented with a finely crafted staff and two daggers with focus crystals inlaid in their handles and a signet ring with another focus crystal worked into its design.
The staff resembled the one our ancestor used and made a fine walking and whacking tool, the dagger was off course easier to wield and was a good backup weapon.
The signet ring would allow others that knew of us and family members that couldn't make the gathering to recognize us and if we ever needed to be sneaky with our casting this was the perfect tool for it.
The multitude of arcane focuses was so that we wouldn’t have to rely on only one like our grandfather.
I handed my granduncle his necklace back and thanked him for letting me have it as long as I did..
So for a while our days existed of training, talking and getting to know each other and when they thought we were ready it was time to go out and make our mark on the world.

While traveling and looking for adventure I came across an old man that stood beside his broken down cart.
I asked if he could use some help which he apparently could but couldn’t really repay me for my kindness.
I ensured him that payment wasn't necessary, so while working on fixing his broken down cart we got to talking and the topic of magic and wizards came up.
So I told him a little about my ancestor and that I was interested in magic in all its shapes and forms.
When he heard that he went into his cart saying that he might have something to repay my kindness after all. and started rooting around . When he came back he handed me a book and told me to keep it and that he hoped I could make something of it cause he couldn’t and that he was rather certain that the book was something magical.
I told him that wasn't necessary but he insisted on it, so I accepted the book and took a quick look in it.
The book was filled with all kinds of strange symbols and some text that was hard to make out.
I didn't have much time to examine the book, I still needed to get to the next town find an inn and fix myself a free meal and lodging, for someone with my skill set it was rather easy to find free lodging and food, you only had to entertain the other guests of the inn with a song, some music, a daring story or a magic show, depending on the town you might even earn some coin as well.
Late in the evening sitting down to a free meal I had some time to study the book.
Against my better judgment and feeling strangely compelled I signed my name in the space between the symbols on the first page of the book.
Suddenly I could read the page and it resembled some kind of contract.
I quickly closed the book and tried to get rid of it, cause that was just to weird and gave me a sense of foreboding.
I have been trying to get rid of that blasted book since, but it always finds itself back amongst my possessions. I hope that I'll be able to figure out what the deal with this book is.
There is one good thing about it though, it has a few blank pages at the end I can write on and when I close the book those pages are blank again.
So when I have nothing better to do I write down my thoughts and train my writing skills, so I can accurately report on my adventures.
It helps to keep my thoughts in order and lets me see where I could tweak a story I'm working on, change the lyrics of a song but enough it’s getting late.

So let’s close you up and go to sleep, you blasted book.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High