Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

So, I have jest come back from a ~year and a half break from diablo 2 single player and have been playing an untwinked zealot. He has been grinding at nm meph and chaos for some source of CBF that isn't duriel's, and still hasn't found it. That being said, he has found a 199 ed butchers, a gface, skullder's, string of ears, and a smattering of useful rares. My luck has been pretty rough in terms of shields and runes...until this morning in nm chaos! I needed to tell someone who would appreciate it, because this is pretty ridiculous (at least by my standards). These dropped in the space of like 5-10 runs! Anyway, I hope everyone is having good luck out there!View attachment 52496View attachment 52497

That:
GAu0Hcxl.jpg

Code:
War Scepter
One Hand Damage: 10 - 17
Durability: 41 of 70
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x24af357c
Item Level: 63
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Conviction (Paladin Only)
+1 to Sanctuary (Paladin Only)
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)

Larzuk's would give 5os right? If so it's crazy!

@Feonn Yeah, I think I got really lucky. It only took me two weeks for Enigma. And, since I only play one day out of two, because I have children in shared custody, I actually did it in like one week of playing time. I did played heavily on my week end without the kids, but still, it was fast. Even moreso when you consider that I did it with a barb, not a sorceress. And chests made the real difference there.

However, because the law of average tends to even itself out eventually, I fear the two Lo runes I’m looking for won’t be as easy... :p

Larzuk's would give 5os right? If so it's crazy!

As it has a bonus to a L30 skill, its ilvl must be high enough for five sockets (ilvl 26+ in this case)

However, because the law of average tends to even itself out eventually, I fear the two Lo runes I’m looking for won’t be as easy..

As long as you have one Lo, you can go with say a good Oath as 2nd WW wpn and start doing runs for EXP and perhaps that 2nd Lo will drop ;)

I do have the runes for Oath, but not the base yet. So yeah, I’ll think about it. We’ll see. Anyway, I only need one Lo, because the second one would be for Fortitude for the merc, so it’s not as important.

Also, not that it matters much, but I’m not building a WW barb, I’m doing a Frenzy one. :p I want to build him as a good Chaos runner, with Azurewrath (it dropped in the Pit) and Grief. The strat would be simple; teleport to and open the seals, Howl away the thrash mobs, kill the bosses quick and then dispose of Diablo. Rinse and repeat. Azurewrath would keep me relatively safe in the CS against the numerous undeads and a mixture of Grief, LoH, G Face and Gore Rider would probably dispatch the bosses, either demon or undead ones, relatively fast. Reaper’s Toll on the merc for Immune to Physical and Stonskin bosses. That’s the plan, but we’ll see how it goes in practice when I’ll get there.

If that doesn’t work, no biggie; I’ll make a Conc barb and kill Nihlathak instead.

@Arctodus sounds like a good plan :) Yes there are many other nice armors for merc. I will use similar approach with my zealot, but I will rely on merc's Delerium for crowd control. If that does not go as planned, I will go smiter with exile or vengeance and conviction on Nila :p

Nice drops anyhow!

@Babyhell I have heard it is possible but never actually seen anyone post one. IIRC it has to roll Holy Shield a certain number of times & fail, then it gives up.

Congratulations- When do we see it socketed?

For reference, mfb calculated the chance to get HS on a scepter of ilvl at least 37 to be 1 in 5300. It's only 1 in 53000 if you want +3 HS.

Very sick find indeed. Most of these that exist on these forums are either from Classic or 1.07. (does 1.08 work?)

@Babyhell I have heard it is possible but never actually seen anyone post one. IIRC it has to roll Holy Shield a certain number of times & fail, then it gives up.

Congratulations- When do we see it socketed?

Well as i only have one character now and only three quests available when i'll complete hell, probably not that soon...or if by any chance i get Cta runes before getting end game gear to socket!

It's the first time ever i see a scepter with HS - i always check them in case it can be a good twinking starter weapon, like Zeal + elemental damage aura or Zeal + fanaticism. It gets +3 and hopefully a sufficient ilvl, so it's perfect combo for pally CTA.

The main issue i see is that it's HC: it will help tremendously, but i could fear so much to lose it that i'm tempted to transfer it to SC... Guess it may be the case when he completes Hell, just for breathing while playing!

[...]The main issue i see is that it's HC: it will help tremendously, but i could fear so much to lose it that i'm tempted to transfer it to SC... Guess it may be the case when he completes Hell, just for breathing while playing!
Isn't not breathing while playing the allure of HC?

Kidding aside, this is why I can't see myself playing HC. I would never feel comfortable using anything better than a cracked sash. Everything else would be muled away for "later characters".
Really cool to see such a scepter. Will add scepters to my too long list of items to always check. XD

Out of curiosity, are there any other similar class items? (Either with "impossible" staffmods, or with high desirable staff mods like +3 tornado, +3 BO or +3 increased stamina.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High