Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

@Jocular

I actually do have a Fortitude. It has been on my Zealdin, but I moved it over to play around with my Amazon for now, until I can afford to make a second one. But I realize I have 65% IAS, so I am going to need to Shael or ED/IAS my Spider Bow, to hit the 6. That or go LoH/Helm and shoot for the 50% BP. But, it also appears that I could reach the 50% IAS BP and the 37% Strafe BP. It doesn't appear to change Strafe a whole lot, just by going up to 68%

One question would be whether I keep a 45%IAS Helm(which I would want to switch if I found a Giant Skull) and then swap between LoH and the crafted 20IAS/KB gloves. I don't use the poison resist ones as of now, because it is the only maximum resist I have in NM at the moment(now A5), as Atma's adds tons of poison defense assistance.

One of the most difficult decision at the moment for me, is to decide whether it is more beneficial to use a Razortail Belt for essentially unlimited pierce, or to be happy with a decent percentage pierce with the base skills I have added, while getting the extra 10%IAS from a belt that doesn't pierce. Nosferatus has some decent mods. That or swapping Atma's out for a Cat's Eye again, but I have loved Atma's Amulet since the 1.09 days. I'm very fond of it lol.

The other difficult choice I have, is understanding what boots are the most effective for a Bowzon. I have Gore Rider's on her right now, which took me an INSANE amount of time to find just one pair on this Single Player Run. I had all sorts of high end gear before I finally got Gore's and still haven't found a non-Eth HoZ. Weird RNG. Back on topic, I'm not sure if Gore Rider's, War Traveler's, Waterwalk's, Aldur's or rare boots would be more beneficial. I see that most people tend to use Gore's or War Trav's and that is about the end of the debate. I'm almost possible that I used to use 1.07/1.08 boots, last time I put together an Amazon and it was on B.net. I obviously don't have access to crazy dex/str/resist boots from older patches, unless I grind older generations or trade.

Here is the basic layout, with new bow now. I swapped out the Mat Bow for the Spider Bow finally. The Spider Bow doesn't match the speed, especially since I didn't put something with IAS in it (I may have to use 'Shael' or my best ED/IAS Jewel soon). This shows most of my damage, IAS, leech. I am only level 66 in NM A5.

Not pictured: Gore Rider's -- Razortail -- Atma's -- Ravenfrost. Most charms are Max/AR/Life, AR/Random, Life/Resists

One question would be whether I keep a 45%IAS Helm(which I would want to switch if I found a Giant Skull) and then swap between LoH and the crafted 20IAS/KB gloves.
No matter what a pair of gloves can do, LoH is better than them for a non-elemental bowazon. That includes godly IAS/skilltree gloves or having no knockback etc. Save them up for javazons or elemental bowazons.

In general, characters who use skills that rely on weapon damage rather than on skills independent from that are usually better off with damage bonuses than with skill bonuses.

One of the most difficult decision at the moment for me, is to decide whether it is more beneficial to use a Razortail Belt for essentially unlimited pierce, or to be happy with a decent percentage pierce with the base skills I have added
Razortail is clearly better than any other belt, except you are going to visit places with very few monsters. Piercing can occur multiple times in a row. If you have let's say 75% pierce (skill level 12) and you are fighting dense crowds of monsters where your arrows cross the path of five monsters, it will pierce once 75% of the time, 56% twice, 42% 3x and 31% 4x. Having 100% means having a 25% higher chance for a second kill, 44% more for a third, 58% for a fourth and 69% for a fifth. That potentially averages to about 40% more damage!

The other difficult choice I have, is understanding what boots are the most effective for a Bowzon.
I'm usually using Natalya's on bowazons or a pair of rares that's better than them. Aldur's aren't as good in this case because you already have lots of fire res from LoH, so Natalya's help at balancing it. Crushing blow is halved on missile attacks, so Gore Riders CB bonus isn't useful on her, but the bonus to deadly strike and open wounds looks useful. If resists and FRW are no concern, War travellers are an option, for added damage (which seems less useful that Gore's OW bonus) and a bit extra MF.

As long as you are using that beautiful rare bow, I would socket it with Nef (re-socket it with something else once you have a Giant Skull) and use Fortitude, LoH, Razortail and Gore Riders.

Once you have WF or Faith, I would switch the boots for Natalya's or a WRF/resist pair that's better (and replace Giant Skull with Andariel's if using WF, as it has knockback by itself). Then you should be good enough for stuff like /players 3 Chaos Sanctuary or Worldstone Keep. Just avoid Baal, it takes too long to kill him which is inefficient. If you want more MF, change the armor to Skullder's and visit the Pits. Your zon will still be good enough for that.

@krischan I was going to say I am loving the knockback, since I hadn't been using it up until I crafted these gloves a couple days ago. But I was too low to use LoH at the time. So I guess it does make a lot more sense to 'Nef' the Spider Bow and use LoH. I just loved how I had an '34%ED Jewel' that made the ED on the Spider Bow, come out to an even 400 LOL. D2 OCD is REAALLL.

But even when I was using the Mat Bow, that although was faster and had 10 IAS built in, also +2bow skills, only did 80-188 after I put 2x ED Jewels into it. This Spider Bow does 126-250, with the 34ED Jewel that evens it out at 400%ED.

So the smart move, moving all of my massive D2/OCD tendencies aside, would be to take the 34ed Jewel out, NEF my bow and use LoH at this point!

I will continue to use Gore Rider's I suppose, until I get to a point to where MF or Resists become much more important and hard to come by.

Appreciate all of the advice you and @Jocular have been giving. I wonder if @Jocular feels the same here... probably lol. He basically laid out a very similar plan.

Thank you for the compliment on my bow :) God I wish I could find the screenshot of the one I found on the East Servers, right towards the tail end of me ever playing B.net again.. couldn't handle each ladder season turning into a duped/hacked/botted cesspool. Maybe it's findable on the photo site I used to use on the old version of this forum, but I feel like that page got nuked. It was the either a photo sharing place I used that sucked and tanked in my early days of using it or the one I was advised to use by people on here on my second choice I used. So I may have to look again, I forgot the name. I love sharing it lol! But I'm afraid I will never find it again.

You can also get it to 420%ED with 2x 40/15 jewels ;)

I FOUND THE BASSPOOOP! This, I found in Hell Trav playing on B.net. I was dumb and was leaving B.net and wanted the money for sports gambling and got rid of it dirt cheap, but here sheeee is:

View attachment 52429

Obviously it is pre-upgraded. But you can tell what it turned into, upgraded with 40/15's slapped in or whatever route you choose. This is why I pick almost all rare items, from normal to elite bases. Especially checking for ethereal items and bows and class specific items.

Last edited:
My UT 99 Frenzy barb just got a good boost in power.

I was recently farming LK and already had a Ber rune. Next find was a Sur.

View attachment 52421
The Barbed Club is probably hidden in the lot.

A few runs later, an Ist rune.

While popping racks, I got Shako.

Racks are quite generous in LK; I got HoZ before from them, and also a few useless uniques grailers. I also got Heart Carver from the racks, which I will probably use for MFing.

A few runs later, a chest gave me a Sur rune.

Since I already had a Ber rune and I cubed another Ber with my two Sur runes, I was only 1 Ber away from Enigma. So, I pressed on. A bunch of runs later, I got another Sur rune, but don't have a picture of it; it was way too crowded to stop and take a picture. You know, a mix of Blessed Aim, Extra Fast, Fanatism, packs of Unique monsters on p7. I actually got lucky to grab it and S&E. Anyway, only a Sur away from Enigma at this point.

But the chests got generous again :

It's kinda crazy; half of my high runes for Enigma came from chests (Ber and Sur). I really got lucky, because I'm pretty sure I farmed all the necessary runes faster than the average time. It still took me a few days, but I'm sure I did way less than, say, 4000 LK runs to get those. I tried to use the run counter on my computer, but it never seemed to work. I'm on an old Mac, so maybe that's why ?

Anyway, here's my Sweety, my first Enigma :

Crap roll, but who cares. Still would like to find two Lo runes for Grief and Fortitude. And neither Ohm nor Lo runes in sight yet. However, with Enigma, farming LK will be faster now. Great !

psZ8Fq7.jpg

2KVAh2I.jpg

Nope.

View attachment 52421

Racks are quite generous in LK; I got HoZ before from them, and also a few useless uniques grailers. I also got Heart Carver from the racks, which I will probably use for MFing.

Since I already had a Ber rune and I cubed another Ber with my two Sur runes, I was only 1 Ber away from Enigma. So, I pressed on. A bunch of runs later, I got another Sur rune, but don't have a picture of it; it was way too crowded to stop and take a picture. You know, a mix of Blessed Aim, Extra Fast, Fanatism, packs of Unique monsters on p7. I actually got lucky to grab it and S&E. Anyway, only a Sur away from Enigma at this point.

It's kinda crazy; half of my high runes for Enigma came from chests (Ber and Sur). I really got lucky, because I'm pretty sure I farmed all the necessary runes faster than the average time. It still took me a few days, but I'm sure I did way less than, say, 4000 LK runs to get those. I tried to use the run counter on my computer, but it never seemed to work. I'm on an old Mac, so maybe that's why ?

Crap roll, but who cares. Still would like to find two Lo runes for Grief and Fortitude. And neither Ohm nor Lo runes in sight yet. However, with Enigma, farming LK will be faster now. Great !
What is a UT 99 Frenzy barb?

yes it is, otherwise it would not mean "untwinked" if he found the items with another char :p
Thanks also for the further clarification of UT. I'm also curious to know why a 99 barbarian has such a low health pool and why it also has a brain and an eye in it's stash? Also the experience bar in the set of pictures doesn't reflect a few runs later, especially considering the character leveled in this series of pictures which if the character is 99, it went from 98 to 99 in these short runs.

Thanks also for the further clarification of UT. I'm also curious to know why a 99 barbarian has such a low health pool and why it also has a brain and an eye in it's stash?

Because he is not level 99 yet? xD He is still in that tournament as explained by mir above.
He is making an attempt to get to level 99 UT. I guess he was kinda sloppy (as we all are) - we should write "my UT99 contender" or something.

Because he is not level 99 yet? xD He is still in that tournament as explained by mir above.
He is making an attempt to get to level 99 UT. I guess he was kinda sloppy (as we all are) - we should write "my UT99 contender" or something.
That totally clarifies everything now! Thank you very much. Where do I go to register for this challenge?

Lol gotta love RNG at times.

Fired up D2 for the first time in several weeks did ONE single AT run which at best as 4 or 5 boss packs in it which i have been using to slowly lvl up my 99er and hope for some thing decent to drop.

Well er 3rd boss pack of 5 and one shako dropped. Never even had one before so now i have a nice shiny shako which helps things a bit.

View attachment 52439

Fresh off of LK. Never held this high of a rune in my stash before. Expected to feel more excited but I guess a SUR isn't really useful on it's own. Now I guess I'm hooked for another 1000 runs :rolleyes:

0% MF, travincal councils players 3.
The most rare unique item they can drop.
About 200 times more rare than a Cham rune...
View attachment 52475
(and yes it is the Spirit Keeper that I am referring to)

View attachment 52421

Wow. Congrats. Not sure how many LK runs that was, but you friggin' did it! I got two Sur in 250'ish runs, so I got really lucky. Now I just need to find Jah... Can't wait for Enigma so I'll never have to play the Sorc again.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High