Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Well, my plan was now to max out all the poison skills and mainly use the skellies as shield but the speed of killing is really slow so far. I have never played a daggermancer and was hoping for all caster but maybe I need to have a way for me to be able to progress.

I currently have a prayer merc to generate life, I really like that and usually always go with that. Get him in act 2 normal and just keep him the rest of the game

Skeletons tend to need a full investment to come into their right both as tanks and damage dealers. Since you favour a town guard they could be quite strong tanks and perhaps hold the line even if you use lower resistance as main curse, most of the time. So I think an even split between poison explosion/nova (since you hadn't planned to be stabbing) and skeletons and the rest into curses and summon resist and maybe a point in revive would be easiest. Poison nova will keep each enemy from healing so skeletons can work well even if theya re spread out. Once an enemy falls you can trow out a poison explosion that will likely hit quite a few monsters gathering around the minions.

Easiest way to progress would be to focus all on skeletons but that isn't necessarily the most fun. Second easiest way is likely a full investment in poison skills but then it will take a long time for the skeletons to be able to serve their purpose.

Reactions: Kartongen
I like Mage Plate for the looks. Marginal difference in defense is largely irrelevant as I see it. But quilted armor look is also pretty nice on some classes

Yes, that’s exactly it. Looking forward to seeing the result!

@d2lover Depends what the first one is in. Dusk has too high strength requirement for me in Legacy, you need to invest points you don't need in Strength to wear it - You will be over 156 str when you level higher. Breast Plate is great for base strength builds (mainly PvP Assassins and Paladins for me) Mage Plate for builds that will use a Monarch.

Did you find the Cham / Zod then?

@d2lover Depends what the first one is in. Dusk has too high strength requirement for me in Legacy, you need to invest points you don't need in Strength to wear it - You will be over 156 str when you level higher. Breast Plate is great for base strength builds (mainly PvP Assassins and Paladins for me) Mage Plate for builds that will use a Monarch.

Did you find the Cham / Zod then?
i have a breastplate enigma already, and made my second now in mageplate.

No, didnt found zod/cham yet :(

Reactions: maxicek
I have been running LK with my HC sorc. My runs are a little dicey with more monster spawns then I would like. I can usually complete this in 40-50 secs. I was planning on rerolling but I have a semi-stable thresher rack and I need those bases. Maybe just keep running until I have a few ethereal bases? Or just punt and keep safety at the forefront?

I have been running LK with my HC sorc. My runs are a little dicey with more monster spawns then I would like. I can usually complete this in 40-50 secs. I was planning on rerolling but I have a semi-stable thresher rack and I need those bases. Maybe just keep running until I have a few ethereal bases? Or just punt and keep safety at the forefront?
safety first imo

is it d2r? 40 seconds is a little high

safety first imo

is it d2r? 40 seconds is a little high
It is D2r…I spend time picking gems, charms, jewels, and I try to be careful about monsters…I’ve considered pushing further to break the orb to make things a little easier, but maybe I should just reroll

It is D2r…I spend time picking gems, charms, jewels, and I try to be careful about monsters…I’ve considered pushing further to break the orb to make things a little easier, but maybe I should just reroll
Thresher rack will take ages to find a 4s one (which i suspect you search), with 1/6 chance to roll it on a 0 soc or dropping it directly.

Do you trade?

Still Thresher is one of the best bases, mmh, don't know, do you want 2 of them?

I would continue until you get at least one 4os eth one (including via cubing). When playing untwinked those bases are hard to come by. It should take no longer than a few hours, then you can roll a better map! :)

Reactions: WoRG
Break the Orb, get to A4. You can then start from the Pandemonium Fortress.
Rack the thresher too, they can be harder to come by than the runes.

Reactions: WoRG
Strongly agree with the above advice... If any of the spawns that are troubling you are zakarumites, breaking the orb will make it easier... and starting in Act4 will shave time off runs since you don't have to travel through town to get to the waypoint (admittedly, I don't have D2R, so I have no idea how much of kurast docks you can run through during the loading screen)

And definitely go ahead and rack the thresher...you don't want to finally get all the runes and then have nothing good to stick them in...that's how ppl end up using Colossus Voulges, 'cause they just can't find anything better and can't bear to wait...

WoRG

I'm currently levelling a Paladin in the CS from 96 to 97. Anyone know what I should be targeting? I'm only hitting Storm Caster boss packs, the seals and Diablo at the moment, I'm wondering if it is worth targeting other uniques.

Also given Diablo drops crap anyway, why is he so tight with Essences? Does anyone know the drop odds against player numbers? I suspect I'm less likely to see them at P8 anyway.

Edit found this:

Orphan said:
Re: Essence drop rate?

In TreasureClassEx.txt:

Andariel
Non-quest drop:
No Drop = 19
Gold = 11
Act 2 (H) Equip A = 19
Act 2 (H) Junk = 15
Act 2 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

So the total chance for the essence to drop is: 1/68, with 5 picks

Quest drop:
No Drop = 19
Act 2 (H) Equip A = 19
Act 2 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Total chance is: 1/42, with 5 picks

Duriel
Non-quest drop:
No Drop = 19
Gold = 11
Act 3 (H) Equip A = 19
Act 3 (H) Junk = 15
Act 3 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 2

Total chance = 2/69, with 5 picks

Quest drop:
No drop = 19
Act 3 (H) Equip A = 19
Act 3 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 2

Total chance = 2/43, with 5 picks

Mephisto
Non-quest drop:
No drop = 15
Gold = 5
Act 4 (H) Equip A = 52
Act 4 (H) Junk = 5
Act 4 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Total chance = 1/81, with 5 picks

Quest drop:
No drop = 15
Act 4 (H) Equip A = 52
Act 4 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Total chance = 1/71, with 5 picks

Diablo
Non-quest drop:
No Drop = 15
Gold = 5
Act 5 (H) Equip A = 52
Act 5 (H) Junk = 5
Act 5 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Quest drop:
No drop = 15
Act 5 (H) Equip A = 52
Act 5 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Baal
Non-quest drop:
No drop = 15
gold = 5
Act 5 (H) Equip B = 52
Act 5 (H) Junk = 5
Act 5 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Quest drop:
No drop = 15
Act 5 (H) Equip B = 52
Act 5 (H) Good = 3
Essence = 1

Edit:
Summary
At players 1 drop, chance to drop 1 essence:
Andariel Non-Q: 1:14
Andariel Q: 1:9

Duriel Non-Q: 1/7
Duriel Q: 1/5

Mephisto Non-Q: 1/17
Mephisto Q: 1/15

Diablo Non-Q: 1/17
Diablo Q: 1/15

Baal Non-Q: 1/17
Baal Q: 1/15

Last edited:
@maxicek in case you're most interested in XP, the fastest way is to roll a map that spawns some extra packs directly at Infector + Vizier (fork layout) seals and run only those two, until 97 that is almost certainly ideal. For 97-98 it's probably better to do full clears with Hammerdin as he can easily and quickly kill De Seies and Diablo, who then starts to be worth including for XP. (At least this was the case on my 99er and some other Pally players had similar findings.)

If you get some other unique packs between the seals sure you can kill them, indeed those are the best source of S&Us in CS... personally I'd just roll a map with extra packs on Infector/Vizier and just clear those two seals, these runs are quick and easy and you do get a decent shot at S&Us while maintaining the fastest possible XP gain.

Thanks @ffs - I'm farming some respecs too, so I need to kill Diablo, I wasn't sure what level he became worth it. 97 will be as far as I go though with this character. I will continue ignoring most boss pack, I'm only really after a few runes in Legacy these days.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High