Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Reading these 2.4 patch notes has me more excited for Diablo than I have been in longer than I can remember. It's like they're taking every single skill that no one has ever put more than 1 point into and giving an actual reason to max it. Still remains to be seen how it will turn out, but when I have the urge to put points into Grim Ward.... You know possibilities are opening up.
Yea, although the 5% per level synergy with find potion is just silly.

We dont wanna find potions!!! Not before, not now, not ever! :p

Reactions: snickersnack
Yea, although the 5% per level synergy with find potion is just silly.

We dont wanna find potions!!! Not before, not now, not ever! :p
Find item is just so busted.
If it were not, maybe 100% chance to find rejuvs from normal monster corpses would be interesting.

A couple of things. I have a pretty fast laptop and to me it seems that when I switch in game to legacy mode in D2R everything moves a bit faster. I haven't tested this but is anyone else notice this? I wonder if this may improve run efficiency.

Second: Can you install both legacy and D2r on the same computer? I have discs and would like to get 1.07 going but would prefer not having to switch to a different rig if the installs will mess things up

A couple of things. I have a pretty fast laptop and to me it seems that when I switch in game to legacy mode in D2R everything moves a bit faster. I haven't tested this but is anyone else notice this? I wonder if this may improve run efficiency.

Second: Can you install both legacy and D2r on the same computer? I have discs and would like to get 1.07 going but would prefer not having to switch to a different rig if the installs will mess things up
second: yes

Load times might still be bad. Does the game stay in legacy mode when you S&E?

Does the game stay in legacy mode when you S&E?
No. There used to be a non-forum accepted way to keep d2r from using the new assets and instead to stay in legacy mode, but it was patched out. With this, load times were as fast as 1.14, but it involved significant modifications to game files. So I'm thinking if devs saw it as a good use of resources they could make a menu option to keep in legacy mode and it would have improved loads.

No. There used to be a non-forum accepted way to keep d2r from using the new assets and instead to stay in legacy mode, but it was patched out. With this, load times were as fast as 1.14, but it involved significant modifications to game files. So I'm thinking if devs saw it as a good use of resources they could make a menu option to keep in legacy mode and it would have improved loads.
We'll see what Bill gates' pets do now

• Haha
Neat info. It seems unlikely to happen, but if it's an easy change and people want it...

So, I just started playing my "raven"-themed druid again after a long time of him gathering e-dust. I had been playing pretty much straight up Fissure Druid, and then shifting to werewolf + fury for FIs. However, his weapon (Bec-de-Corbin) cannot be upgraded, as it would lose it's themed name. Because of this, I changed his points around a bit and went with rabies instead of fury.

This seems to be a pretty good pairing. Instead of just having a melee backup for FIs, I'm walking into battle as a wolf, hitting with a couple rabies bites and then shifting back into human form. Rabies does its thing while I stand back and spam fissure. He's only in A5 NM at the moment, but it works very nicely for big crowds (like around Shenk) where rabies can spread widely. This makes me wonder if this could actually be an efficient build for running cows? I mean, fissure druid is already a very good cow runner.. How hard would it be to have a Dweb + poison facet shield on switch? Gather a mob of cows, get in a single bite, and then switch back to human form for fissure?

Sorry, these weren't from the same run. But, you get the idea.
Screenshot170.jpg
Screenshot172.jpg

Edit:
Well, it's working on NM cows, except that my Merc is too weak and getting slapped around. Rabies does make a noticeable difference vs using straight up fissure.
Screenshot175.jpg

Last edited:
Things I should have done a lot sooner:
- make a Treachery runeword
- make a Voice of reason
- give both of them to my freeze zealer

At first I found it performing way worse then I imagined. But when I put players back to 1 it perfomed a lot better then my previous set up. HoZ, Natalya’s boots and tals mask made the metamorphosis complete

Reactions: Skezla and d2lover
Saturday Night in my neck of the woods, time for a D2R FUN FACT:

Did you know that weapon swapping using a controller is better than kb/m? That's right! It's true! With keyboard and mouse, you have to wait until any spell or attack's animation entirely finishes before you press your weapon swap hotkey, or else you won't swap! That's not the case on controller - if you press the weapon swap key on controller after casting a spell, you have a grace period, and you will swap even if you press the swap button before the animation of the previously cast spell finishes. On controller, you will practically never fail a weapon swap due to casting a spell beforehand, such as teleport, or battle orders.

It's really neat!

Last edited:
So, I'm giving hell cows a whirl with Bran-Zu. It is interesting to say the least. Perhaps somebody with better knowledge/skills may be able to take this to the next level. For me, I just gave him Phoenix for his fire setup, and Dweb + Spirit for his poison setup. Anyway, here is the relevant gear he's using:

Human/Fissure: ~2k Fissure dmg w/-44% EFR
Code:
Helm - Ravenlore
Body - Enigma
Weapon - HotO
Shield - Phoenix
Ammy - +2 Druid

+2 Elemental Skillers

Werewolf/Rabies: 18k-19k Rabies dmg w/-49% EPR
Code:
Body - Enigma
Weapon - Death's Web
Shield - Spirit
Gloves - Trang-Oul's
Ammy - +2 Druid

+4 Shape-Shifting Skillers

I think you could still make quite a bit of improvements gear-wise. Obviously Bramble would make a big difference in Rabies damage, but at the cost of Teleport (although, I'm not sure tele is absolutely necessary). I'm also wondering if the -EFR is even necessary if Merc is using Infinity? If not, you could go with Jalal's + Spirit for more skill levels all around. And, I could probably do with a couple more skills from charms.

The gameplay is a bit awkward, but is effective. Tele around to gather crowd of cows, then shape-shift, walk in for a single (sometimes two) rabies bites, step back shape-shift again and commence fissure/repositioning merc. Rabies spreads to pretty much all cows, so it does make a noticeable impact on kill speed. The entire process probably only costs you (in terms of time lost) a little more than 1x Fissure cast, but it has been confusing to get used to. Sometimes I am trying to cast fissure/tele while still in WW form, or sometimes I click to rush in for a rabies bite while in human form.. Like I said, someone with better skills than me can give this a try! o_O

Screenshot183.jpg
Screenshot184.jpg
Screenshot186.jpg
Screenshot187.jpg

Has anyone tried terror or howl combined with a cold iron wolf? The idea is to frighten away the pack with cursing but since the mage freezes one or two of them they stay and can be hacked apart in relative safety while their colleagues flee. Once said cowards regain their courage you repeat the process. So long as there aren't cold immunes around normal monsters would generally be of little danger, and then there are the remaining 60+ skill points (provided you max terror or howl which might not be needed) left to handle those.

What is the fire resistance of a Vampire and council member in durance of hell if they are fire enchanted AFTER infinity?

I wonder wether 1.07 Skullder's with a fire facet can beat Enigma

I have already Occulus with facet (-5)
and shako (-5)

The 1.07 skullders comes afaik with 25 mdr, so I think I can swap out a dwarf star for either a mf ring or maybe SoJ

hope everyone's well. started mixing in pindle with my lk runs... if anything, nice to see XP go up; probably need a few hundred more MF to get anything consistent from that though, just over 450 atm, can't get a unique to drop

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High