Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

McGruber08

Active member
Mar 28, 2020
130
95
28
Question on a base for Chains of Honor. I had traded to get an Superior Archon Plate (def: 556) but when I was looking around at new items for trade on Traderie I saw someone offering up a Superior Wire Fleece with around the same defense. It had of course much less STR req and 4 sockets.

Is there no reason to use this instead if you can get it?
 

snickersnack

Well-known member
Jul 24, 2020
564
554
93
chromatic/jeweler's kiteshield of deflection (shoppable at charsi with cowportal)

stuffed with Um or PD, or god beware 15 ias/[email protected] jools
Hmmmm. Wouldn't that top out at 53% block? Moser's has 62%.

Also, it occurs to me now that upping the Moser's might be the best option. +8% blocking for the cost of ko/lem, as opposed to ko/ko/mal for Santuary.
 

Nona

Active member
Jan 13, 2021
83
101
33
Ugh....So started fresh (again) with D2R with my HC sorc. She deeds at normal Duriel. Any deeds sucks and with my very limited play time the hours spent getting there really did hurt, but it could have been a lot worse. I thought well at least I have the shared stash with some starter items in it for my next toon but alas I was surprised to find that none of them were there! What happens if you have two HC characters using an in-game shared stash and one of them dies...do you lose access to the shared items?

EDIT: So it turns out I started a softcore toon:rolleyes:....Shared stash items were still there! though haven't figured out how to see shared stashes in GoMule yet...


I have been reluctant to forward my other characters from 1.14 but I might pull the trigger...I have a fishy guardian, a meterorb sitting at ACT 1 hell, and a bowazon at ACT IV NM. Plus a far amount of loot in ATMA statshes. Anyone have any regrets moving characters to D2R?
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Triple Helix
Sep 8, 2021
80
146
33
Question on a base for Chains of Honor. I had traded to get an Superior Archon Plate (def: 556) but when I was looking around at new items for trade on Traderie I saw someone offering up a Superior Wire Fleece with around the same defense. It had of course much less STR req and 4 sockets.
Wire Fleece takes a bit more strength than Archon Plate and on average has less defense, so Archon is the best min/max choice between the two. (Dusk shroud is the best if you want a lower strength requirement in a 4 socket armor.) The main reason to use a Wire Fleece is if you like the look of it better. (It's personal opinion, but I think that Wire Fleece tends to look the nice on most classes, making the few extra points in strength worth it. Archon plates can just look dumb on some classes.)
 

snickersnack

Well-known member
Jul 24, 2020
564
554
93
A kite shield can have just 3 sockets, so I think Moser's is better.
Yeah, I upped it, and it's pretty awesome. I did do a bit of shopping and now I have a bunch of close-but-not-close-enough shields.

Sanctuary would still be an upgrade (with a good roll), but I don't have a Mal rune now. I may try that once I do.

Stormshield is ideal though.
 

krischan

Moderator
Moderator
Dec 24, 2019
400
225
43
In fact, Moser's is better than 99.99% of all magical and rare shields. The remaining 0.01% are jeweler's monarchs of (something good) and awesome rares. So when assuming that picking up, identifying and evaluating a rare or non-monarch magical shield takes 5 seconds, it needs an average of 50,000 seconds = 14 hours of time just to figure out a better one among the finds while I'm pretty sure that 14 hours of e.g. Mephisto runs will give you Moser's. That means, they are not worth picking up.

It's pretty much the same with rare and magical armor and regular helms and also amulets, except those from Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo (which can potentially have +2 to skills of a class). Regarding weapons, I only pick up certain few rare and magical ones, like claws and amazon javelins.

Edit: Typos.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: snickersnack

McGruber08

Active member
Mar 28, 2020
130
95
28
Wire Fleece takes a bit more strength than Archon Plate and on average has less defense, so Archon is the best min/max choice between the two. (Dusk shroud is the best if you want a lower strength requirement in a 4 socket armor.) The main reason to use a Wire Fleece is if you like the look of it better. (It's personal opinion, but I think that Wire Fleece tends to look the nice on most classes, making the few extra points in strength worth it. Archon plates can just look dumb on some classes.)
Yeah this one had Def: 550 (or close to it) so if I see one again I think I will grab it. The extra points can be sunk into vitality. Thanks
 

Helvete

Well-known member
Mar 13, 2020
203
378
63
So. I've found Nightwings Veil, and Deaths Fathom, both with perfect +cold skill damage. I have a lvl 91 sorceress, currently statted as blizz sorc. How would you take advantage of these items, to maximize efficiency? The other characters I have are:

lvl 75 fireball sorc, dedicated to NM andariel; hasn't finished NM
lvl 92 hammerdin, very well geared, running CS
lvl 42 necromancer, played him for nostalgia and because of gear finds which made him tempting
several low lvl characters just waiting for inspiration and items.

I have 2 annis I can swap around, and I have torches for all classes.
 

snickersnack

Well-known member
Jul 24, 2020
564
554
93
In fact, Moser's is better than 99.99% of all magical and rare shields. The remaining 0.01% are jeweler's monarchs of (something good) and awesome rares. So when assuming that picking up, identifying and evaluating a rare or non-monarch magical shield takes 5 seconds, it needs an average of 50,000 seconds = 14 hours of time just to figure out a better one among the finds while I'm pretty sure that 14 hours of e.g. Mephisto runs will give you Moser's. That means, they are not worth picking up.

It's pretty much the same with rare and magical armor and regular helms and also amulets, except those from Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo (which can potentially have +2 to skills of a class). Regarding weapons, I only pick up certain few rare and magical ones, like claws and amazon javelins.

Edit: Typos.
While looking through my D2R stash, I found this:

Hailstone Guard
Large Shield
Defense: 29
Chance to Block: 32
Durability: 16 of 24
Required Level: 34
Required Strength: 24
Fingerprint: 0xe81a0c8a
Item Level: 59
Version: Resurrected
+30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+4 to Maximum Damage
+99% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +18
Fire Resist +28%
Requirements --30%
Soooooo close to being really good! If that +ED had been 2os.....

I used to pick up a lot of blues and yellows, but I've reduced that considerably.

From LoD, I have this, but the other rolls are meh:

Skull Aegis
Bone Shield
Defense: 35
Chance to Block: 40
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x4c451d27
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+16% Enhanced Defense
+8 to Strength
Poison Resist +26%
Damage Reduced by 3
2 Sockets (0 used)

I also have 6 moser's, so yeah, good rares are .... rare. :)

I'm not super concerned with efficiency, and I like iding things, so I'll probably still pick up rare shields, but I'll probably limit it to light shields and large shields (uppable to hyperion). OTOH, and to your point, maybe I shouldn't do that until after I have a SS and other farmable items in D2R.
 
Last edited:

Maltatai

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2020
589
470
63
In fact, Moser's is better than 99.99% of all magical and rare shields. The remaining 0.01% are jeweler's monarchs of (something good) and awesome rares. So when assuming that picking up, identifying and evaluating a rare or non-monarch magical shield takes 5 seconds, it needs an average of 50,000 seconds = 14 hours of time just to figure out a better one among the finds while I'm pretty sure that 14 hours of e.g. Mephisto runs will give you Moser's. That means, they are not worth picking up.
Mosers being better is assuming the character is in need of resistances and blocking from the shield. But if it's a character that runs a lot the blocking won't be much good while a really great shield would be a chromatic of amicae socketed by Larzuk, which should be far quicker to acquire by shopping. Also, if the shieldbearer is your hireling the blocking is useless. Mosers is stil a good shield but in that case not much better than a plain 3 socket one.
 

krischan

Moderator
Moderator
Dec 24, 2019
400
225
43
Moser's also has 2 sockets, to be filled with whatever you have and need. There are certain affix combos on rare shields which are better, as well as jeweler's monarchs of deflecting, but these are the 0.01% I mentioned.

Anyway, there are a couple of unique and runeword shield that are better, so Moser's is basically a mid-level item and not endgame gear..
 
  • Like
Reactions: snickersnack

d2lover

Well-known member
Guide Author
Jun 24, 2020
1,902
1,262
113
Mosers being better is assuming the character is in need of resistances and blocking from the shield. But if it's a character that runs a lot the blocking won't be much good while a really great shield would be a chromatic of amicae socketed by Larzuk, which should be far quicker to acquire by shopping. Also, if the shieldbearer is your hireling the blocking is useless. Mosers is stil a good shield but in that case not much better than a plain 3 socket one.
But then you got Gerkes Sanctuary
 

d2lover

Well-known member
Guide Author
Jun 24, 2020
1,902
1,262
113
At a sidenote, I still need a eth selfrep Boneshield of any sort

it must be a boneshield and no grim or troll :(
 

d2lover

Well-known member
Guide Author
Jun 24, 2020
1,902
1,262
113
Hehe, I keep all eth / selfRep items that I find. :) Is your need for a grail?
no, for a full 'Bone' items ethereal char.

I would even be happy about a magic one, as long as it gets 2 sockets from larzuk :D
 
Sep 22, 2021
96
212
33
As of last night I've got enough runes to cube a Lo for a Grief, but since Day 1 of D2R I've only seen one normal bezerker axe, and it had 6 sockets already. So I've been studying its chances of dropping from various monsters with the help of Silospen's calculator.

At first look, it appeared like the cow level would be a bad place to find one at 1:79,124 odds from a regular cow. But since there are on average ~400 or so regular cows there each run, if they are all killed then your odds increase to 79,124/400, or approximately 1:198 for each run if all regular cows are killed? Is my math correct? As you might have guessed math is not my strong suit. 😁

Edit: odds above are for /p1.

Edit #2: on my first run there tonight looking for a base berserker axe, I found a Jah at /p8. o_O
 
Last edited:
Discord stream partners Diablo 2 Item Price Check

Latest News

Estimated market value
Low
High