Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

How common is this kind of elite pack?

vlcsnap-2021-10-07-21h41m36s783.png

I think this is only the second time I've ever seen one like it.

Edit: I'm guessing that this is related to how you can Gem Shrines in the Cold Plains, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
They appear in hell but not very often, no idea if the odds are lower than for other monster types. The nests don't spawn in very great numbers so even if the chance of getting a bosspack for that type of unit is the same as for other monsters I guess not many will appear since there are simply not a lot of nests. Always a slightly silly occurence.

Have people ever kept tabs of mercenary deaths, like in a tournament or similar longer term challenge/project? All I've found are notes about (in)effectiveness in various guardian threads but I don't recall any general discussion beyond gear choices for the mercenaries.

Reactions: snickersnack
It was one of the things to find in a 12 Days of Christmas tourney once. That and a Unique flying scimitar.

Reactions: snickersnack
Decided to try my hand at the untwinked 99. Thought zerker would be better than running lk for infinity. Found Humongous Axe, got to NM at 43 but not having a fun time. AR stinks. Switched to might merc, but maybe should go back to blessed aim?
So, since that guy isn’t fun atm, thought I’d enter an assassin. Apparently I started one years ago in HC and made it to LK to run for a bit. Level 77. But I’m out of touch and play while working from home, so SC is where I’m at now.
Not going to enter any into the untwinked table m thread yet.

Sigh... I was doing LK runs with my meteorb and got a cryptic axe to drop on a rack. I've been running this very, very good map for months. I thought, oooh, if I can reproduce that CA drop, I can farm until I get an eth one! Well, a few runs later, I accidentally hit NM instead of H when loading up, and poof, that map is gone. :rolleyes: I usually hit H on the keyboard, but I get bored sometimes and click through. It's time to stop doing that.

1kikw5bunkp01.png

Now I'm rolling maps until I can get another with two fires right next to the waypoint.

• Sad
Reactions: coju
Sigh... I was doing LK runs with my meteorb and got a cryptic axe to drop on a rack. I've been running this very, very good map for months. I thought, oooh, if I can reproduce that CA drop, I can farm until I get an eth one! Well, a few runs later, I accidentally hit NM instead of H when loading up, and poof, that map is gone. :rolleyes: I usually hit H on the keyboard, but I get bored sometimes and click through. It's time to stop doing that.

Now I'm rolling maps until I can get another with two fires right next to the waypoint.

I have a CA rack right now, I have been looking for an infinity base for quite some time now on my ut99er, I need you smart folks to tell me if CA is acceptable to build infinity in. I have traditionally built in a thresher but ... I have been looking for quite some time and I want to get to baaling

I have a CA rack right now, I have been looking for an infinity base for quite some time now on my ut99er, I need you smart folks to tell me if CA is acceptable to build infinity in. I have traditionally built in a thresher but ... I have been looking for quite some time and I want to get to baaling
I would go with Thresher, but Cryptic Axe is also good. It's more a matter of taste.

I have an eth Andy with an IAS jewel in it, so that colors my approach.

@NorthDakota for details you can play around with this spreadsheet to see the (small) differences across bases (attack rate, damage including effect of faster CB application etc.).

Personally, I'd just go with CA in your case, as you really only care about Conviction rather than his CB/damage or aura triggering speed. The only target where a Sorc wants higher attack speed on Merc is Nihlathak runs with a Delirium merc (98-99). But I ran Nihl with both faster and slower Infinity bases and honestly it's hard to notice any difference at all.

@NorthDakota for details you can play around with this spreadsheet to see the (small) differences across bases (attack rate, damage including effect of faster CB application etc.).

Personally, I'd just go with CA in your case, as you really only care about Conviction rather than his CB/damage or aura triggering speed. The only target where a Sorc wants higher attack speed on Merc is Nihlathak runs with a Delirium merc (98-99). But I ran Nihl with both faster and slower Infinity bases and honestly it's hard to notice any difference at all.
Thanks, I planned on it since I just can't wait and I finally hit one after socketing 6 eth CA's (what a long, boring nightmarish grind this was). I know I've run racks way more than this in the past but boy does it suck and the rack I had was so fiddly that if I was only slightly off my route it'd pop something else out

@snickersnack: doesn't alt+f4 quit the game without saving (and thus retaining the old map)? At least that is what an almost forgotten tidbit of Information in the back of my brain tells me...
It does in 1.14 but be careful as you can't use this in D2R! Your map will be gone forever no matter what you do.

Reactions: Grisu
@snickersnack: doesn't alt+f4 quit the game without saving (and thus retaining the old map)? At least that is what an almost forgotten tidbit of Information in the back of my brain tells me...
Probably, but I didn't think of that. Once NM loaded, I thought oh crap, fine. Time to reroll.

So the past two mornings i guess the servers have been down and it makes loading into the character screen a pain because its checking servers. Wonder if there's a way to keep it from checking, not sure why they put SP and MP in the same screen if this is going to be a thing.

So the past two mornings i guess the servers have been down and it makes loading into the character screen a pain because its checking servers. Wonder if there's a way to keep it from checking, not sure why they put SP and MP in the same screen if this is going to be a thing.
Try this (if you're playing PC) let me know if it makes a difference for you:
  1. Restart your computer make sure that battle.net launcher does not launch on start up, and do not launch it
  2. Launch from D2R.exe (or a shortcut) located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II Resurrected
  3. create game on an offline character
  4. quit out of D2R entirely
  5. launch from D2R.exe (or shortcut) again
  6. no more connecting to b.net message?
The first time I launch (when I'm up-to-date with the current patch) it always says "connecting to battle.net". However, when launching from shortcut, on subsequent launches it no longer does this and defaults me to my offline characters. Let me know if you see this behavior. I've noticed the same thing you have, where it seems as though online is affecting offline. But launching through the shortcut + not having bnet launcher open at all and never having it open seems to fix my problem.

There's kinda a benefit to launching through shortcut - if there's a patch, you won't get it so you will always be offline exclusively and never have any shady behind-the-scenes online/offline interactions. You can also decide when you want to update then if a patch goes out, maybe there's good stuff in that patch maybe not. Like this last patch had some performance improvements so I updated. (I didn't really notice any performance improvements on my system, though)

Last edited:
Try this (if you're playing PC) let me know if it makes a difference for you:
  1. Restart your computer make sure that battle.net launcher does not launch on start up, and do not launch it
  2. Launch from D2R.exe (or a shortcut) located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II Resurrected
  3. create game on an offline character
  4. quit out of D2R entirely
  5. launch from D2R.exe (or shortcut) again
  6. no more connecting to b.net message?
The first time I launch (when I'm up-to-date with the current patch) it always says "connecting to battle.net". However, when launching from shortcut, on subsequent launches it no longer does this and defaults me to my offline characters. Let me know if you see this behavior. I've noticed the same thing you have, where it seems as though online is affecting offline. But launching through the shortcut + not having bnet launcher open at all and never having it open seems to fix my problem.

There's kinda a benefit to launching through shortcut - if there's a patch, you won't get it so you will always be offline exclusively and never have any shady behind-the-scenes online/offline interactions. You can also decide when you want to update then if a patch goes out, maybe there's good stuff in that patch maybe not. Like this last patch had some performance improvements so I updated. (I didn't really notice any performance improvements on my system, though)
Have you posted these steps in the D2R general chat? How about the tech support thread?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High