Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@Apila That makes sense. I have more gul runes than caduc...caduci?

I also don't recall if weapon damage stats change when forwarding, but I guess not since you put it that way.

Thanks both for the quick response and for checking the files! :)

My main non-Tourny Character, a Untweaked HC Zealot, made it to level 30. and has a most ideal Meph running map. Act IV is still a little tense for me, so I am joying Meph running and grabbing set pieces. I know that this isn't much to most players here, but it nice to be able to do loot runs finally again after years away from the game.

Thank you.

Now anyone have recommendations between 1.07 and 1.09 for time travel?
Depends on what kind of experience you want. 1.07 is like totally jank. I say you should go 1.07 because it's like going down a weird rabbit hole where you're going to spend months of your life figuring out the janky ways to get through the game to get janky OP versions of items. It's an experience unlike any other. I played 1.07 for quite some time to get some sick items. It almost feels like an entirely different game. A very memorable time in my life. For example of the items, take a little peak at this:

1.07 arkaines.png

That's an 1.07 arkaine's valor. 242 vitality, 194 life... What other item is like this? It is the coolest item by far that I have I think.. That's just so much life it's insane. It doesn't get boosted by Battle orders sadly, but even so, there's nothing else in the game that adds that amount of stats to your character. Basically I farmed this item up in 1.07, and forwarded to the present day following forum rules, so I have it now in 1.14.

For another example of the coolest possible shit you can do, check this out:

1.07 thresher infinity.png

The key thing about this is the base. 1.07 ethereal items have a weird property where they get 50% enhanced max damage, and when forwarded they get that and also the normal ethereal bonus damage. This is also a superior base, and rolled well, which is why it's over 325% enhanced damage. Normally a well rolled eth thresher infinity will only reach in the 850 range for max damage, but due to the 1.07 50% enh max damage mod, this one reaches over 1k. A colossus voulge can reach over 1k with an eth base from present day, but of course a CV is slow, bad for leeching life and has high attribute requirements, and you should never use it. So while the arkaine's valor is a baller item, this particular infinity is perhaps even more baller. they're pretty high up there as far as baller items go, though, and all of that is possible because of 1.07.

So if you wanna roll with the big boys you gotta go 1.07. Then when you're done with 1.07 getting all your treasures you can move your characters up to 1.09 and play that next :) No downsides to that!

Last edited:
Reactions: teddeeboy
So, I'm going to try that Rift/VoR barb build, but I have a question about the base for Rift. I have an unsocketed caduceus, but (since I might also make a riftdin) the staffmods don't complement Rift. Is it probably not worth it to try trading for one or racking (I have a sorc in hell 1.07) one with staffmods that would work for a riftdin?

In other words: should I just not worry about maybe 'wasting' a gul rune if I later decide to make a second Rift just for a paladin?

Also, I would probably also make a Riftsin, so should I use something with lower requirements instead (since there's no +ED anyway)?

Something else to consider: Might be my personal preference but I would go for a staffmodless base to keep repaircosts down. If anyone can provide a link to how the repaircost is counted I would appreciate it. :)

The formula for repair cost should be:

value * (1-dur/max_dur) * ( 128 / 1024)

The 128 is actually a value from npx.txt (rep mult), but it is 128 for all objects. So the more expensive the item, the higher the repair cost.

Recharge costs are different though. They are at least partially influenced by columns in skills.txt (cost mult and cost add.)

Regardless, you can always use the cube to repair and/or recharge items.

Reactions: SirName
Depends on what kind of experience you want. 1.07 is like totally jank. I say you should go 1.07 because it's like going down a weird rabbit hole where you're going to spend months of your life figuring out the janky ways to get through the game to get janky OP versions of items. It's an experience unlike any other. I played 1.07 for quite some time to get some sick items. It almost feels like an entirely different game. A very memorable time in my life. For example of the items, take a little peak at this:

View attachment 66967

That's an 1.07 arkaine's valor. 242 vitality, 194 life... What other item is like this? It is the coolest item by far that I have I think.. That's just so much life it's insane. It doesn't get boosted by Battle orders sadly, but even so, there's nothing else in the game that adds that amount of stats to your character. Basically I farmed this item up in 1.07, and forwarded to the present day following forum rules, so I have it now in 1.14.

For another example of the coolest possible shit you can do, check this out:

View attachment 66968

The key thing about this is the base. 1.07 ethereal items have a weird property where they get 50% enhanced max damage, and when forwarded they get that and also the normal ethereal bonus damage. This is also a superior base, and rolled well, which is why it's over 325% enhanced damage. Normally a well rolled eth thresher infinity will only reach in the 850 range for max damage, but due to the 1.07 50% enh max damage mod, this one reaches over 1k. A colossus voulge can reach over 1k with an eth base from present day, but of course a CV is slow, bad for leeching life and has high attribute requirements, and you should never use it. So while the arkaine's valor is a baller item, this particular infinity is perhaps even more baller. they're pretty high up there as far as baller items go, though, and all of that is possible because of 1.07.

So if you wanna roll with the big boys you gotta go 1.07. Then when you're done with 1.07 getting all your treasures you can move your characters up to 1.09 and play that next :) No downsides to that!
Awesome stuff!

Turns out I am stuck using 1.07 for now, as I can't seem to get 1.09 to run right in windows 10 yet. I just did the old tech method of building a new install directory with 1.07 and got it working. Now trying to figure out builds, everyone likes Ice Sorc, but I was thinking Electric sorc to be different.

Awesome stuff!

Turns out I am stuck using 1.07 for now, as I can't seem to get 1.09 to run right in windows 10 yet. I just did the old tech method of building a new install directory with 1.07 and got it working. Now trying to figure out builds, everyone likes Ice Sorc, but I was thinking Electric sorc to be different.
To add to ND's point, starting in 1.07 also allows crazy crafted items and mpk rings and the option to visit 1.08 which has some great benefits also

Let us know your progress your chosen starter build. The popularity of the ice sorc is due to the CM skill that breaks cold immunes at full capacity so for late game is easier as a core build for rushing and MF. There are areas with only a few lightning immunes where a lightning sorc could level such the A5 bloody and Frigid. Normal monsters are not immune but uniques can be light immune and unbreakable as well. Also, essentially all 1.07 Sorc builds are lightning builds because SF has no damage cap in all difficulties like in pre LoD classic.

The 1.07 thread has much more info. GL

Treachery + Andy's + (either a Shael in the weapon or an IAS jewel in the helm)

That gets the merc to 4.5 fpa, which is the best you can do without adding in fanatacism from a beast/faith on your character. Take your pick between socketing the weapon or helmet as above, doing both doesn't help reach the next BP. Customize the other item as you see fit.

So Treachery+Andariel 'Cham' + Reaper's 'Shael'?

Ok, but would you socket this Andy with Cham or wait for better?
noneth
10 ll
28 str
105% def (lol)

My treachery armor would be a 1.07 ebugged Sacred Armor then

Andariel's Visage is very rare, I found just one myself, but I didn't make any mephisto runs, so I can't complain

So Treachery+Andariel 'Cham' + Reaper's 'Shael'?

Ok, but would you socket this Andy with Cham or wait for better?
noneth
10 ll
28 str
105% def (lol)

My treachery armor would be a 1.07 ebugged Sacred Armor then

Andariel's Visage is very rare, I found just one myself, but I didn't make any mephisto runs, so I can't complain

If that's the one you've got, and that's the setup you like, then go for it! I'm not big on waiting for the 'perfect base' as it usually doesn't make a whole lot of difference and it might never come.

Reactions: PhineasB
Mmh before I do it, if Fade has procced, can the merc survive the Pitlord seal?

I'm not swimming in 15IAS/resis jools, but could a Jewlers Armor of the x be better than Treachery? (has a merc a fhr-animation? then fhr would be decent I guess)

The advantage would be having the resistances always, not just on procc

also (but that doesn't matter I guess) you could have 15% more IAS, which might come handy on other chars that use a Cham'ed Guillaumes.

If you just need some extra fire res, maybe a 15 ias fire res jewel in the weapon instead of shael?

Which synergy beside lightning is better on a Vengeance Paladin:

cold (the monsters that are not immune have no high res, so a plus)
fire(lots of critters are fireimmune, Lister and 1st wave)

so go with cold after maxing conv, veng, lightning? (and some spare points into HS)

ah, while damagewise fire is not so good, it will give higher fireres max, tho only the pitlord seal is dangerous IMO so I don't know.

Last edited:
@d2lover
If you're on the fence, there's nothing wrong with a 50-50 split between the remaining synergies. That's the beauty of Avengers; customization.

Had a good laugh reading this from the old site:

SoJ is the worst ring, remember that.

They actually do, which I of course completely forgot about.

Still, I wouldn't worry about wasting a 'Gul'-rune.
Well, I cube-socketed that caduceus and got the wrong amount of sockets, so ..... I will probably do some Hell cow runs in the near future, looking for caduci (that sounds right, so I'm going with it).
Something else to consider: Might be my personal preference but I would go for a staffmodless base to keep repaircosts down. If anyone can provide a link to how the repaircost is counted I would appreciate it. :)
Good point. But, as @Apila pointed out, that base is so rare that I should just take what I can get. Also, I have many ort runes.

Reactions: SirName
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High