Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Are there players who participate in SPF with openly tainted characters?
As much as I want to join, there is a glide wrapper mod (not Sven's) that I'm having a very hard time removing.

No, because it's not allowed here.

Part of keeping the community the way that it is, and what makes it so special, is the exclusion of that sort of content entirely.

Any more questions like this should be directed privately toward a mod, I think. Good luck on your journey!

So this happened today.... twice!

And somewhere in between I managed to lose all my charms because I forgot to hit escape before walking the dog. It's a low level character so should be replaceble... I just feel stupid for letting the game run and so lose them because I dropped to have more space for loot to take to Khurast
Guthrie_set drop act III.png

• Sad
Reactions: snickersnack
As much as I want to join, there is a glide wrapper mod (not Sven's) that I'm having a very hard time removing.
Are you using a wrapper for full screen in order to circumvent all the issues related to that? (characters counting down in the corner of the screen, slow game, weird color effects in dungeons (den of evil), stupid cutscenes in between acts etc.)
I can tell you from experience that windowed mode resolves all issues of playing in full screen while at the same time making the game faster. No wrapper needed really.
It's also much easier to switch to GoMule that way.

Reactions: Zedwardson
Nah, I was using a wrapper that uses machine learning to predict motion and fills in the gaps between the animated 25 frames, making the game genuinely run at 120 fps. It doesn't affect gameplay or breakpoints, only the smoothness of the game. It is quite mind blowing.

I ended up accepting that I will have to stop using it if I want to participate, but then encountered another issue: The FPS fix for mouse cursor is probably not approved (the one that makes the mouse feels smooth in Singleplayer like it feels on BNet/TCPIP).

I'm probably going to give up on joining legacy SPF D2 and join after D2R rules are known. 🤷‍♂️

D2R rules are being worked on, I don’t get a release copy any earlier than anyone else, so they are unlikely to be available on day one.

If ladder RWs really are included, it is fairly simple: Vanilla only, GoMule allowed (subject to having a working version that doesn’t include anything nasty)

It will get more complicated if you want to forward stuff into it. Anyone bringing stuff in from 1.14d or earlier is a time traveller, so those rules will apply. This is the bit I’m working on.

I got an idea a little while ago, and I'm looking through the mat/pat thread with no results so far...

Has anyone tried a Rift/Voice of Reason frenzy barb?

I have a VoR & Lawbringer frenzy barb @ act5 NM at the moment. :) The original idea was to make a CL FO barb but Lawbringer felt better than Crescent Moon atleast for NM. Shall see if I switch back for Hell. I’m relying on crushing blows as raw damage is of course low.

If somebody wanted to install the versions available from blizzard website. (1.14b and d) I could write a easy to use guide on how to set up it and go mule and so on. Earlier versions I don't have experience with.

Has anyone tried a Rift/Voice of Reason frenzy barb?
The main issue with VoR is that oath is so much better :p

Neither of them have pure +ED% - only vor has dmg to ud and demons. Also the lack of + ias might be a problem even with frenzy.

Reactions: teddeeboy
Dumb question -- Is there a archive of various versions of Diablo 2? or ways to force it to use a different version? Just curious as I see many play older versions of Diablo 2 for various reasons.

Dumb question -- Is there a archive of various versions of Diablo 2? or ways to force it to use a different version? Just curious as I see many play older versions of Diablo 2 for various reasons.

Most of that is covered in a post in the Community and Links sticky thread:

This links to post #5: Guides for Time Travellers

1/14996 JMoD
1/44988 JMoS (-req)
1/29992 JMotM (31-40 life)

~1/8179 for any of those

which is ~24539 PGs when cubed

Another item you might wanna cube:
Diadem with 3s/30 frw

4s/30frw = 1/127806
3s/30frw = 1/63903

which is 1/42602

which is 127806 PGs when cubed

Are these items worth it? I don't know

(Diadems can roll other good affixes, but often rares are simply better)

Also for the Diadem, there's 1.07 Valkwing which also gives 30frw, together with fhr and IAS, tho only 1 socket so slightly less damage

Reactions: NorthDakota
The main issue with VoR is that oath is so much better :p

Neither of them have pure +ED% - only vor has dmg to ud and demons. Also the lack of + ias might be a problem even with frenzy.
What if I use a Faith rogue instead of Reaper's moron? After all, the physical damage is low.

Edit: The answer is yes, it does work. I'll go read that thread and see if I'm about to roll up some new runewords.

Last edited:
Most of that is covered in a post in the Community and Links sticky thread:

This links to post #5: Guides for Time Travellers
Thank you.

Now anyone have recommendations between 1.07 and 1.09 for time travel?

1.07 if you really want to experience everything and 1.09 if you just want to see how the first stable version of LoD was. That's the short of it. If you're really dedicated try 1.00 :D

1.07 if you really want to experience everything and 1.09 if you just want to see how the first stable version of LoD was. That's the short of it. If you're really dedicated try 1.00 :D
Thanks, and thanks to @Videcor for helping me with time travel, figured out how to get 1.07 working in linux.

Well at least launching

Last edited:
So, I'm going to try that Rift/VoR barb build, but I have a question about the base for Rift. I have an unsocketed caduceus, but (since I might also make a riftdin) the staffmods don't complement Rift. Is it probably not worth it to try trading for one or racking (I have a sorc in hell 1.07) one with staffmods that would work for a riftdin?

In other words: should I just not worry about maybe 'wasting' a gul rune if I later decide to make a second Rift just for a paladin?

Also, I would probably also make a Riftsin, so should I use something with lower requirements instead (since there's no +ED anyway)?

No (you shouldn't worry about wasting a rune), Caduceus is a very rare base, and Gul is a pretty common rune (as far as HR's go). Even considering racking, I wouldn't worry about the base item at all.

quick edit: out of curiosity, I checked the 1.07 files. It lists Caduceus' dmg as 19 to 40, which would be far inferior to the modern version. So racking it is worthless.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High