Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I’m not too sure. Perhaps it is because you are casting the Valkyrie? It is cast, the items rolled and then treated as a permanent minion, so the gear is never ‘equipped’ but simply rolled and the stats and the aesthetic added?

I do remember something about a mod that we don’t allow here but used to be used online, being able to see other players gear and therefor the Valkyrie’s.

Perhaps a Valkyrie is treated like another player?

Seeing as nobody ever reads the stickies, I will post it here too:

Links thread is now completely updated for this site. If you think anything important is missing, just post in the thread.

A colleague recently said that they were considering D2R, and had found Xtimus' channel. Don't panic, I very quickly diverted them away from that disaster and pointed them towards some reliable information sources. All is well, they are fine, nobody was hurt. That said, it did remind me of Xtimus' impressive list of original builds;
- 1000% Magic Find Sorceress
- 1500% Magic Find Barbarian
- 300% Magic Find level 4 Barbarian
- Frozen Orb Barbarian
- Fist of Heavens Bowadin
- Holy Wizard Conviction Paladin (Secret Paladin)
- Bow Necromancer
- Immortal King Sorceress
- Chain Lightning Frenzy Barbarian
- Chain Lightning Zeal Paladin
- Summoning Paladin
- Throw Axe Sorceress

I thought this would be an opportune moment to declare some of my own original builds, including (but of course, not limited to);
- The 2375 attack rating zealot
- The 2376 attack rating zealot
- The 3345 attack rating zealot (one-handed)
- The 3345 attack rating zealot (two-handed)
- The 'insert class' that happens to be wielding 'insert any oskill or CtC' item build
- The entirely useless build that happens to have a specific number for an attribute but offers absolutely no practical use build
- The 'insert any set' build that doesn't actually equip the entire set
- The I have absolutely no idea how any mechanics work in this game, as I am clearly demonstrating, build
- The 2375 attack rating Sunday only zealot. It's equally as powerful as the standard 2375 attack rating zealot, but is only viable on Sundays

Reactions: Zyr and Pb_pal
Don't panic, I very quickly diverted them away from that disaster and pointed them towards some reliable information sources.
That's a very convoluted way of writing "SPF" :p

Reactions: Zyr
My untwinked sorceress has successfully beaten Hell Baal, the harder part was Ancients of course.

Is the Leapattacker always Coldimmune?

With Uneth unique Ogeraxe and Hydraspam (from an Orb in 2nd slot+1 point in FM) he eventually bit the dust.

Now I gear her properly up for some Ancient Tunnels, have a great map for it (wp is directly next to the entrance)

Reactions: Zyr and Swamigoon
My untwinked sorceress has successfully beaten Hell Baal, the harder part was Ancients of course.

Is the Leapattacker always Coldimmune?

With Uneth unique Ogeraxe and Hydraspam (from an Orb in 2nd slot+1 point in FM) he eventually bit the dust.

Now I gear her properly up for some Ancient Tunnels, have a great map for it (wp is directly next to the entrance)
Yep, he has 150 cold resist in Hell.

Reactions: d2lover
What other suffix(es) is good on a Jeweler's Monarch than 'deflecting'?

life maybe, but I don't know how much is possible
frost-nova for a style-sorceress (but has the kiteshield-line even a color on the char?)

What other suffix(es) is good on a Jeweler's Monarch than 'deflecting'?

life maybe, but I don't know how much is possible
frost-nova for a style-sorceress (but has the kiteshield-line even a color on the char?)
For me it's the -30% requirements. Amicae if min-maxing PDR. Deflecting is nice and all, but unless you're hardcore and/or PVP, it's kinda wasted.

Max life on shields is 60. The 40+ points saved on strength can possibly lead to more.

Reactions: d2lover
This evening I mistreated normal Diablo with four assassins who all managed to keep their hireling alive during the battle (one rogue, two ice mages and one town guard). I threw the rogues bow and town guards partizan on the ground before engaging and Diablo ignored the mercenaries altogether. This would seem to confirm the hypothesis that mercenary damage or its weapon damage plays a decisive role in determining who Diablo targets. In this case the rogue was the emplyee of the year and kept her distance while the mages milled about rather close and the town guard obviously being in melee range, pointing towards the conclusion that while distance may be a factor in Diablos targeting priority, the damage compared to the main characters damage takes precedence.

Baal apparently follows the same protocol of threat assessment but since he frequently knocks people back the priorities are often altered by one of his antagonist being out of melee range when the other is close enough. It should be possible to find a position with an obstacle behind you to limit this interference and maintain Baals focus on themselves rather than their hireling. I had good results with disarming the barbarian hireling of one assassin before engaging Baal which let her do the tanking as long as she wasn't knocked back. Baal being Baal, the safest way to keep allies out of danger in melee is of course always to be hitting him with a slowing weapon

Reactions: Pb_pal and SirName
I just started a 1.07 character. When I run the game there is a bunch of hieroglyphs shuffling through in the top right corner. This isnt a problem in 1.14D, but it is for 1.13c, and i guess 1.07. I think running it windowed might help, but WHENEVER i do that it starts asking for a CD. For some reason I just have a bunch of diablo 2 copies..without the expansion disc. This also happens when I tab out and into the game. I guess ill try it, but, is there a solution for this random figures and numbers thing? Also for muling, is atma the thing to use? Any specific version to use? I am starting as a sorc, any tips for going untwinked, especially without respecs? What should I start out with?

No CD pack is in the links thread.

Basic 1.07 Sorc is:
1 Warmth
1+ Teleport
20 Static
20 Orb
20 CM

…maxxed in that order. I would also go 1 Hydra for racking. After finishing hell with your first Sorc, rush 7+ more.

Save all your sapphire for MPK rings, start rolling as soon as you get to lvl 8

Reactions: Rawness
I fixed the weird hiereoglyphics issue. I found a way to make the game run in directdraw which fixed things. I cant run 1.07 it in windowed mode, but that doesnt really matter since I just wanted to find a workaround for the weird symbols and stuff scrolling past my screen. IT took like 5-6 seconds for those signs to scroll past. I have started rolling mpk rings. I am 10 points deep into static, and I use my 1pt frost nova to slow down enemies, then i static field things, throw javelins... or let my a1 merc deal with things. I am low on gold, at level 15, but I think the next logical step for me will be to get some sort of wand with 1-2 nova on it to help em down enemies faster... but gold is a bit of an issue, so not sure when I can get it.

I remember reading that poision interacts differently in 1.07. For example, different mods of poison on gear would add upp differently than in 1.13c... I also think that CB/deadly strike would transfer to the lightning bolts. Would some poison damage also transfer over to the lightning bolts?Also is there any interesting info on gem shrines in 1.07?

Last edited:
So, after contemplating this for a while, I think I will just go with an UT character while I am on vacation this week.

1. I just grabbed my travel CPU (which does have D2 installed, and my characters I haven't played in a while)
2. I figured I would just use my old/lower lvl 1.07 char, reset the map (since she probably still has my old map) and do some more LK.
3. However, that basically amounts to "saving" my current map seed, while I go off using others.
4. Then, I thought I would just use a questing character. But then realized, I cannot even be sure if I've traded away, re-socketed, or re-rolled items.

I guess I should have just loaded up my current stashes/characters from the desktop. Does anybody else face this issue when traveling?

Last edited:
Started playing D2 for the first time in 15 years, playing single player in case I get interrupted, and having a blast. Now I can play away on my Linux laptop while away from my main computer.

My guy is nothing too special, making a standard Zealot and playing "untwinked" as that is how I always played D2.

Happy camper -- got GoMule working on Linux (Have to run it from the command line of all things.) so now able to mule off Gems and Runes and such on my laptop.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High