Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I know there are numerous opinions and they all have some or no value but it's worth pointing out at this stage that the new forum skin truly sucks.

@Jamie
The code to link to threads or posts no longer works as far as I can tell, now you can just link to url:s. Example:
[thread=843052]old guardian thread[/thread]

It is like this place once had a forum skin. It really tied the room together.

Last edited:
The look is confusing but I guess I'll live. What's actually annoying is that usually I'm stuck in the post reply -phase. The button seems to ignore my actions at first, but when I click "post reply" again it wakes up and generates a double post. Dang.

The lack of highlighting for hyperlinks, and lack of highlighting of selected post whilst editing plus the delays sometimes experienced when hitting "Post reply" that lead to double-posting are truly horrible and Jeffery Epstein did not commit suicide.

@Maltatai appreciate the reference. I took a pic a few weeks back, it was me with my long hair, beard(mine was far shorter than a dude I am going to mention later on in this sentence) and a shirt on that contained a big picture of His Dudeness, or El Duderino if you're not in to the whole brevity thing.

I don't like the new tags and pictures for usernames. I don't like information that I found valuable, now being hidden.

Last edited:
The look is confusing but I guess I'll live. What's actually annoying is that usually I'm stuck in the post reply -phase. The button seems to ignore my actions at first, but when I click "post reply" again it wakes up and generates a double post. Dang.
Until the issue is fixed, I suggest to select all of your posting, press Ctrl-C which copies in into the clipboard before pressing the submit button. In case of getting stuck, hit F5 in order to reload the page. If the posting is there, all fine, else try again and paste back in everything with Ctrl-V.

Uff, had to chime in here during my vacation (3 week Vietnam trip, yay!). I finally found the place where u peeps discuss the new forum style. I just don't like it. There are so many flaws about it, and not just the same flaws the old style had but in a different coating but new, worse flaws. Sigh, guess we'll be getting used to it. And regarding the other topic: I still read your stories even though I'm not playing too much right now. So just keep them coming!!

I posted this in the support thread as well, but not only does it look worse and sometimes go terribly slowly, but it also seems to have removed the ability to search for anything posted between mid-2016 and the forum update. For example, I look at all content by @ArtOfSenf and it only shows this single post as his whole history. The old posts are still there, but not searchable.

Edit: apparently i had not posted this in the support thread... i blame the new forum update :p

Last edited:
The search function is being in repair.

I moan so much these days. I'm only 27. I need an armchair and a Labrador.
You can join me in the OTF and complain about all the complaints ;)

With the announcement of D4, I remembered how much I love D2. Guess it's time to sink a few hundred more hours into it.

Search works for me, but I am having the date issue. Also, links don't seem to work at all. They redirect to some weird login page.

I'm looking for 2 Um and 2 Lem runes while running The Countess in Hell difficulty. No Um and no Lem yet, but I got 3 Ist from ~200 runs. Two from The Countess herself, one from a chest on the 3rd level. Flubbed my picture of the one from the chest, but got the other two. Funny RNG stuff.
View attachment 52140

View attachment 52141

Coming back after being away for about half a year with a new build....

Barb mercenary! No, not a summon druid w/ an Act V merc, but a Barbarian pretending to be a merc! I've wanted to try using Bash/Stun for a while now so this is the perfect opportunity. Though I'm having a difficult time deciding whether or not I should allow myself to use two swords and double swing. On the one hand, the Act V Merc does use double swing. On the other hand, it's only on a single target with a single sword...Plus, it just doesn't look right using two swords, even if the broad sword is the proper sword to be used.

I dunno. If I do nix double swing it'll make skill allocation much easier. Maxing Bash, Stun, Double Swing, Sword Mastery, Battle Orders, AND having a point in all the necessities simply isn't going to be possible, especially on an untwinked hardcore character.

I'm still deliberating between pretending I'm a mercenary for a sorcerer (Act III Merc) or going all in and hanging out with another barb merc. Might be good to have another body on the front lines.

Anways, here's to Wiglaf (looking at the list of mercenary names, I had to choose between silly and mundane. Wiglaf won out over Bill), the barbarian Mercenary. Just finished Andy and Radament.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. In order to make sure Wiglaf looks like an Act V Merc he has to wear Quilted Armor and Full Helms only....going to be painful until dusk shrouds start dropping.

lqVu6e6.jpg

8inlKWx.jpg

I didn't get a picture with Radament, but here's one from the Stony Tomb! Bash really makes elites a piece of cake once you get them on their own.

Hey everyone! With my freshly made infinity (posted it in IFT), I decided to finally gear up my javazon and get her up to 90. I don't have a griffons, but think I managed to get a really nice griffons-less build going with the items I had. I do have a 2/20 zon circlet which made it possible. One would also need either a mana leech + fcr ring, or a mana leech caster ammy for this setup. I don't have any of the former, but was really happy to see I had a 2 zon caster ammy with 5% ML and some res in my stashes. I originally tried out highlords and a mana leech + fire res ring, thinking 48fcr/55ias might be best for baal with my equipment, but when I tried out 68/35, it felt LOADS better to me, so I ended up being very satisfied with this setup:
HELM - 2/20 zon circlet with a plain 15ias jewel
AMMY - 2 zon caster amulet with 5 mana leech and some res
WEAPON - upped titans
SHIELD - monarch with 3 crappy light facets and a 15ias/2mpk jewel
SWAP - cta/spirit
GLOVES - some 2/10 rares
BELT - razortail
RING1 - really sick fcr/res ring
RING2 - ravenfrost
BOOTS - rares with high res and mf
CHARMS - gheeds, 7 skillers, cube, tome of id, assorted fire and light res scs
MERC - might, infinity, fort, andys (ral)
Would ofc be better with 20 ias on gloves and 4 facets in shield, but since I both had only 2/10's AND had only 3 light facets, I went with this setup. Also want to try out delirium + coh on merc, but just slapped his gear together quickly.

VIDEO of setup and 2 baal runs. Note my absurd skillers. I have 3 elemental druid skillers to my name but somehow ended up with this sick zon backpack.

Anyways just thought I'd show off the build as well as see if anyone has advice on improving her or just wants to discuss griffonless zons in general :).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High