2017 Winter RFL Signup and Running Thread: 2nd Round

Not sure what to do. Should I just use my 99 barb in 1.07 and gear him up for a couple hours or try something else? I'm probably too lazy to prepare anything in 1.13 :/

My barb is missing 1-2 gear pieces in 1.07 as well.. any other ideas for runners in 1.07? bone spirit Necro?

----------------------------
Grape
Neksja
XyleneCyanol
T72on1
ffs
Lynchgrinch
Gripphon
Brak
Xios
Pb_pal
NanoMist
Burgomaster3
Chaostar
ILikeRocks

Diablo2inDC (1.07)

I am in for this round as well. I am going to work on actually finishing the game so I can do cows later. Good luck everyone!

Not sure what to do. Should I just use my 99 barb in 1.07 and gear him up for a couple hours or try something else?

99 in 1.07!?! :eek:

Did you run multi-instance to level up? I'm playing at /players 1, and it takes forever to gain exp.

No I did 15k council runs. Nubio has done 30k, though (1 barb 1 pally).

Mine took me about 11 months iirc.

edit: cows is probably much faster but multi-instances is tedious to set up and I liked to play for only 10-60 mins at random whenever I had time, or while streaming or something.

Last edited:
Apparently you had many instances of 10-60 random minutes then, Mr. 15k runs.

lol what? My true achievement is 21 (22? 23?) lightsabres in a row. I even got the one in a different base item in 1.07 (elegant blade?) during those 15k runs.

edit: It's 25 in a row. Just checked. plz kill me

Hm, I suppose without Arreat's baseball cap or whatever it's called I could use shako on my barb for that sweet 10k+ life...

Sorcs so popular. Where are barbs etc.

Probably busy going through stuff for 5 minutes per run after horking. ;)

In general I prefer the "in - kill - out" playstyle of Trav sorc over the Barb, though actually I don't think I can do 20 hours straight with the same character anyway without feeling the urge to kill myself, so probably going to use both characters in the end...

wow I just did 5 test runs, and this is going to be hard

I seem to remember something about teleport path deciding spawn location. Since I'm not able to reroll this map, how many different variants can I expect? The best case I noticed was a double cluster with the majority of the council in the corner where you want them.

Also are there any guides for Blizz sorc out there?

Finally would an Enigmaless Hammerdin have any chance? I don't think I'm going to be able to get my sorc avg run time under 60 sec, so that'd probably be a fair comparison.

Oh I'm sure there are lots of problems.

Sorc Gear:
Code:
Shako-P Ruby
HotO
CoH
Spirit
Mara's
SoJ (only +skill ring I own)
Dwarf Star
Arach's
Trang Oul's Claws
Sandstorm Treks
2 Essentially plain skillers
FHR charms to reach next bp
Dex charms to wield Flail without stat points
Res charms to reach 75 all
Gheeds
life and mana charms (still have some stash space)

switch is Edge as I don't have a CtA

I'm sure the merc gear can be improved. I have a non-ethereal Reapers and Fortitude available. Note that I cannot change to a NM merc as I cannot switch difficulties. Currently running prayer merc.
Code:
Ethereal Thresher Insight
Treachery
Andy's (not poked a hole in it yet, but have available socket quests and plenty of Ral runes

@Brak

Your sorc has 2 bigger problems. One is manageable and that is lack of Infinity. But, lack of CtA... that is what makes it impossible for you to have ANY sort of survivability in Travincal. I don't think that is possible to do without CtA, and even if it is, you would never ever challenge CtA sorc because she will simply be much more comfortable to play, hence much faster too.

Also I'd suggest to stay away from Andy for Travincal. You either want Vampire Gaze, or Kira's Guardian or (my best) Steel Shade as merc helm. Or some fancy rare circlet.

As for spawning in Travincal, spawns do depend on your teleporting path. There is some sort of "magical" line that crosses through the corner of the small lake (or pond) between Travincal and waypoint. If you tele to the south of it, you get 1 spawning locations and if you tele north of it, you get another. There are more magical lines closer to waypoint if you deliberately go in some wide teleporting path (why would anyone do that?! Shrines? It hurts more than it benefits that way), you could get yet another spawning locations of minions...
Teleporting path south of magical line is strictly the most superior one since it positions you perfectly to block minions on balcony. If you go north from a magical line, you end up getting from the left corner of balcony and you have to do another teleport to block minions + they have time to scatter = strictly inferior teleporting path. Just by taking north path you could easily get ~10% slower runtimes than you would by taking the south path. This is why I roll maps only taking south path and don't bother withy anything else.

Last edited:
Brak the Andy's Helm on the merc may have to go. It has -fire resistance so Council Hydras will pwn him something bad. The Reapers may be a better solution as Gripp suggested to me a couple of days ago.

Reaper's might be better, but not for CtA-less sorc. She can't manage mana without potions at all. I don't think it is a good idea to run Travincal with sorc without CtA.

Signing up.
Grape
Neksja
XyleneCyanol
T72on1
ffs
Lynchgrinch
Gripphon
Brak
Xios
Pb_pal
NanoMist
Burgomaster3
Chaostar
ILikeRocks
DaveW

Diablo2inDC (1.07)
Looking forward to Round 2. Will run a few chars. Let the HRs rain.

I'm also in, hopefully to do a few more runs this round.
Grape
Neksja
XyleneCyanol
T72on1
ffs
Lynchgrinch
Gripphon
Brak
Xios
Pb_pal
NanoMist
Burgomaster3