Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x10e22c22
+15 to Life
+79% Enhanced Damage
+47 to Attack Rating
2% Life stolen per hit
234% Damage to Undead
+289 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

Storm Barb
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 37 to 98
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 68
Quantity: 56
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 107
Required Level: 67
Javelin Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x72c2bd6
+16 to Life
+56% Enhanced Damage
Adds 46-66 fire damage
Adds 25-50 poison damage over 4 seconds
1% Life stolen per hit
40% Increased Attack Speed

Perhaps I'll succumb to the weapon glitch sometime soon when I give my necro another chance (currently lvl 84)

I'm thinking 2x wizzy + 2x SoJ + either valk wing or fcr on ammy is enough to justify it... I could even do frostburn (lol) if I do valk wing because that would give me 130% fcr, +120% mana (wizzy, frostburn, SoJ) + ~360 mana (wizzy) and then I can rely on ammy, boots and belt (as well as helm) for a ton of FRW as well!

Not many + skills but I'm thinking with such an insane mana pool it might be worth it... I'd use arkaine's valor and would easily be able to ditch all res charms for any skillers I have as well. I'm thinking it comes down to whether I prefer to have +3 PnB with some worthless @res OR HLW for 30 frw. :/

edit: I do have these nice boots on my sorc atm as well
Corpse Tread
Boots
Defense: 10
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 73
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x4e9e18b5
+6 to Dexterity
+13 to Mana
+164% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 4%
Lightning Resist +18%
Increase Maximum Mana 7%
40% Faster Run/Walk

Last edited:
congrats!
Thanks!

That Necro plan of yours sounds good, let us know how it turns out. I'll also hold on until I have a set of skillers for him.

Ah, caster boots are along my favorite 1.07 crafts, very nice potential. I've been using my Sols for them.

I liked these:
Code:
Plague Spur
Wyrmhide Boots
Defense: 54
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 76
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x77b464f8
+19 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 16%
Increase Maximum Mana 13%
40% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Storm Stalker
Wyrmhide Boots
Defense: 61
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 76
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0xbc5335c
+22 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 16%
Cold Resist +32%
Increase Maximum Mana 14%
55% Extra Gold from Monsters
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Faster Run/Walk

+ couple other nice ones also, but the 40FRW made these stood out, at least for 1.07 use.

@DiabloTwoinDC I think it was imakeigloospat who posted a pair of 6/40 crafted javelins, so yes, definitely possible. For 1.07 I'd craft only Matriarchal Javelins, because LF carries physical dmg. Those will be way more damaging than any possible amount of plus skills, I believe :)

Please don't. Do you really need to make the game that easy?

max, my current Javazon playing is like a walk in the park, child's play. Should I restrict myself somehow? Seeing as Blizzard later fixed LF to not carry physical dmg it was not intended part of the game.

Wearing two weapons was not intended, that's for sure, but it's still in the patch.

I'm happily restricting myself for challenge every now and then, like giving up of CtA on many of my 1.13 play throughs, weird item choices etc. But when leveling, MFing, etc. "power gaming" I usually do whatever I can to be better, faster and more efficient.

That said, I haven't tried the two weapon bug myself.

Exactly.

I'd feel as guilty abusing the two weapons bug as I feel using WW in 1.00.

Not the slightest :)

Well for each helpful bug, you have to deal with a nasty one. Part of playing older patches is having the nicety of something like the weapon glitch or bugged LF, but evened out by the fact that many items are weaker, 4 immunities, MSLE, etc. Crafting is even more broke than the weapon glitch, but it's part of the game nonetheless.

I thought mercs don't leech

(in other words safety crafts trump blood crafts when looking solely for a merc boost, unless you REALLY want the +life)

prayer merc? surprising! unless there's a specific reason for it that i'm unaware of?

after dying on my 1.09b hardcore barbarian, i decided to give 1.07 a try. so far i've been having a blast!
i've been using worg's crafting guide and repusz's 1.07 guide as references. unfortunately the information in this thread is scattered among so many pages. :D

i still have a ton of questions about mechanics, skills, etc, but one that i'd like to ask is: why travincal runs?
according to monstats, all unique council members suffer from the same problem as the act bosses, and drop only from tc33 and below.
(their minions should drop appropriately, however.)
is the cow level too tough? the council members do give nice XP, but with how many cows spawn, you'd think that the cow level is better for general farming.

in my casual testing of about 10 hell travincal runs (all 6 unique council members), the highest lvl item i've found was a lvl32 gothic plate. i ignored all the minions to make sure i would not get mixed drops.
IF this is true (tc33 for unique council members), then magic find is practically useless for these runs, as i understand.
i think the unique council members would only be good for charms in this case. and jewelry i guess.
there are a few other super uniques that, according to monstats, also have the issue. (haphesto, summoner, griswold, radement, nihlathak.) blood raven and the smith do not, but they only have tc57 unfortunately.

anyway, it was fun to learn how much off-weapon stuff gets added to lightning fury. once i have some gear, i will definitely make an amazon :)

Last edited:
Hi. It would be nice if you used capital letters at the start of sentences.

IIRC, when I ran Travincal for sets, they dropped late exceptional items like Grim Helm or Death Mask, among many other exceptional items. I'd assume that's higher than tc33, but IDK. Nevertheless, in Travincal you get good other drops, like runes, jewels, gems and on occasions good exceptional uniques. Also, cow drops are bad.

That is correct that the unique Trav member drops are broken. The main reason to run them would be XP+misc items. Regular members can drop their hell TC but it doesn't really matter since the TC system is broke anyway. MFing sucks in 1.07 save for a few exceptional items, the rest you have to do thousands of rack runs. 1.08 fixed the TC, but with no MF your looking at exponential cow runs. Cows at least give awesome XP, even in 1.07.

They're especially good with the barb since find item gives a large boost to drops per run, even at only 50% chance or whatever (I guess it's considered a /p8 drop when it works?)

That is correct that the unique Trav member drops are broken. The main reason to run them would be XP+misc items. Regular members can drop their hell TC but it doesn't really matter since the TC system is broke anyway. MFing sucks in 1.07 save for a few exceptional items, the rest you have to do thousands of rack runs. 1.08 fixed the TC, but with no MF your looking at exponential cow runs. Cows at least give awesome XP, even in 1.07.

Thanks for the info! Council minions seem to be good for TC63, and up to Cham. Not bad! That would mean Baranar's Star and Shako can't drop, but Wizardspike and Lightsabre for example can.
Interestingly, it looks like even the minions benefit from the "special monster bonus" in the MF formula. I guess this is why Hell Council would be so good for set items.

One day I'll go for a 1.08 Windforce.. :D

IIRC, when I ran Travincal for sets, they dropped late exceptional items like Grim Helm or Death Mask, among many other exceptional items. I'd assume that's higher than tc33, but IDK. Nevertheless, in Travincal you get good other drops, like runes, jewels, gems and on occasions good exceptional uniques. Also, cow drops are bad.

I suppose those items were dropped by the minions around them.
And I figured I'd look into your claim, and saw that all Council Members actually get some special drop bonus, on top of their already-generous drop numbers.
Cows can drop up to TC66, and up to Zod, but their drop numbers are indeed disappointing compared to those of the Council.
Real shame :p I was looking forward to some Hell Cows.

They're especially good with the barb since find item gives a large boost to drops per run, even at only 50% chance or whatever (I guess it's considered a /p8 drop when it works?)

Oh! I had totally forgotten about that skill..
Sorceress was my first pick because of gear-independency and CM "ignoring" cold immunity, but Find Item might actually be the reason for me to go with barb next time :)

Cheers guys

Barb is only really good for BO for rushing/questing or council imo. Sorc is king for pretty much everything else.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High