1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Hm, maybe there's still something I'm missing then :-/

Your Frozenstein right there should have 50/20/95/95/270/0, so presuming your LR was level 1, he should have 64 lightning and 239 cold resistance left. SF should do 9% damage at this point, and level 24 CM should bring his cold resistance down to 26 (assuming it gets rounded down).
He has a common damage regen of 2 (whatever that means - 2% per second?), and his health also is not especially high (1974-2369) times 8 (unique life boost) times.. whatever the player boost is in 07 :D

So, I don't know. You'd think that 9% damage per SF would be visible damage, and that your FO would easily damage him at his 26 cold resistance.
So..
Does SF damage scale with players in 07? I remember reading that it does, but maybe I'm mixing up patches again :D
Maybe >250 cold resistance is a problem for CM somehow?
Maybe things change with >1 player? For all I know it multiplies damage regeneration, or decreases effectiveness of things like LR or CM.

I also totally forgot about that kind of scenario, where 100 inherent resistance gets slammed with +75 +75 and +20. Pretty nuts :D

Anyway, I guess the most obvious thing to try is to just copy the situation and see if I get similar results. I'll give it a try in single player, then with 2 players, then 3. I mean, at this point there's not much that would surprise me about 07 :p

Now I also fully understand why conviction MSLE Toorc lead to an insta-kill on my pally :D (who was designed to have stacked res and mdr)

I was looking into melee play for a bit, but it's hard to reason with the bugs surrounding FE, CE and LE. Actually, FE is nasty even without any attached bugs.
And, I still don't know which skills are and aren't worth it! I mean, you never know, with that combination of the LCS and all the 07 quirks..
Blade Shield is fun though:
It always hits, and applies Crushing Blow, Knockback, Freezes Target, Slows Target and Hit Causes Monsters to Flee. It can even apply Cast on Striking, but for some reason this stat seems to use a hit-check, unlike the others.

It can be an extremely functional defensive shield, and can even be a solid damage dealer if you have high cast rate. Since BS always hits, and the 25-frame damage-cycle gets reset on cast, you will apply CB to everyone within melee range at every cast, and it can also freeze them at the same time. A potential one-skill wonder.
However, the range is quite small, and some melee monsters can actually avoid getting hit, if they have sufficient range and their size is small enough. Sometimes it depends on the angle they're attacking you from.

Dragon Talon is very fast, but unlike Smite and BS, it can miss, and it can be blocked. Besides, kick damage is a joke in this patch. Real shame, because this skill also applies all of the above, with the addition of Prevent Monster Heal.

Traps seem to be very weak however, so if I'd make an assassin it would probably be strictly melee-oriented.

Maybe just a simple Tiger Strike + Dragon Claw..? ^^
I suppose you could just use something like 2 Wizardspikes to apply CB with BS at a fast rate, and then switch to claws to finish it.
Sounds like a good choice for Hell Travincal to me! But... I have some more racking to do.

I think @onderduiker explained somewhere that at least the Ancients can have invisible immunities, and display immunities which they don't have. Or something. Might be one of those scenarios. I can't find the post right now because of hurry.

Either I overlooked something in my testing, or this is one hell of a ninja-bug.
Or was this known all along?

Early conclusion is that Magic Resistant bugs out lightning resistance:
At the time MR spawns, lightning resistance uses cold resistance to add the 75 from MR to. So in the case of your Frozenstein, 175 cold resistance was used as a base to add 75 to, for both cold and lightning resistance. So, after MR was applied, his F/L/C resistances were actually 75/250/250.
After applying level 1 Lower Resist, he would still have 219 lightning resistance. Obviously, this isn't reflected in his description.

This can go both ways however, meaning that this bug can end up in your favor:
If lightning resistance is higher than cold resistance before MR is applied, then it means the bug will make him end up with lower lightning resistance than he otherwise would have.
Example:
Geleb Flamefinger. Ph(50), L(100). Spawns with [5]ES and [9]FE, so an extra F(75).
Let's say he randomly spawns [17]LE and [8]MR, now his F/L/C resistances should be 75/150/75, but in stead, he actually has 75/75/75. His description will say "Immune to Lightning", but don't let him fool you!

This might still be a premature conclusion though, but so far everything has been checking out.
Also, +1 for onderduiker! :D

As for the description stuff, Conviction and Amplify damage do not seem to update monster descriptions either. I guess they figured the LCS wasn't enough. Decrepify and Lower Resist do seem to "work", but something tells me that we should not trust that :D

Edit: Magic Resistant also seems to weird out cold resistance in some cases. I had a monster with 100 inherent cold resistance spawn with MR -> CE, he stayed immune as expected. But when spawning CE -> MR, he was vulnerable to cold damage, despite "Immune to Cold".

Last edited:
Good to see there's still activity in this thread, as i'm quite late to the party :D
Cheers!

Welcome aboard!

Does anyone have any specifics or otherwise suggestions why bosses sometimes get one-shot? I'm just over halfway through this thread and I've only really read "it sometimes happens" about it. :eek:

I recently skimmed through the thread again and I don't recall any explanations to why that happens.

Great informative posts btw, thanks!

Most likely due to some sort of overflow. I tested in 1.09b for a similar bug, with various players settings. On some settings, hell meph could be slivered with static. On others, static wouldn't touch him. I didn't complete those tests, however, due to lack of time.

Most likely due to some sort of overflow. I tested in 1.09b for a similar bug, with various players settings. On some settings, hell meph could be slivered with static. On others, static wouldn't touch him. I didn't complete those tests, however, due to lack of time.
ya I think @GalaXyHaXz made a post about it but from my experience it happens with some act bosses under higher p settings. The boss will just die from SF instantly.

@Fruit not that it really matters in this case but I use lvl 3 lower res charges! Interesting bug. It probably happens more times than I've noticed, then.

Has anyone ran Councils with a WW setup other than BK set or Grandfathers?

I think one good crafted CB (potential of Cruel + Grandmaster's!) with ShaeShaeEth should work great. You could then give up the Arreat's, and go for Guillaume's instead.

Anyway, I'll have a break from those dudes:
View attachment 6065
I'll think about a thread. Next 1.07 action is most likely going to be with my Sorc; she's been struck with one rack for a long time now. After that I'm thinking about rushing some mules for socket quests and crafting materials. (also I'm basically only Mal away from beta CtA, so those Ums could also be needed...)

Congrats!

As soon as you try the barb you'll be amazed at just how many drops you get because of find item!

Woohoo, thanks!

Looking for that! I need another high lvl char eventually anyway. One to stay in 1.07 and one to roll 1.08 rare jewels with.

Would anyone here play 1.07 with fixed TC or 1.08 with fixed MF? I'm kind of bored of just racking.

Actually 1.07 with fixed TC could be pretty fucked up, since you can force uniques to spawn right? So could you just force shakos to drop all day every day?

Would anyone here play 1.07 with fixed TC or 1.08 with fixed MF? I'm kind of bored of just racking.

Actually 1.07 with fixed TC could be pretty ****ed up, since you can force uniques to spawn right? So could you just force shakos to drop all day every day?

Pssssssssssst...

(Over here ;o)

Pfffff. A few hundred rack runs not paying off sure is demotivating. :(
Well, I did get some gems and some low runes. So there's that.
I'd love a Travincal barb or cowzon to change things up, but I'm missing too many crucial pieces still..

Has anyone else encountered this small bug where monsters that spawn with Aura Enchanted, will also have Fanaticism for a few seconds?
I mean, they'll actually spawn with both Fana and another aura, and Fana will then drop off after a few seconds.
Just now I saw Blessed Aim + Fanaticism, both the unique and its minions had both auras applied. I'm positive that both auras came from the same unique. Considering it's 07, it might just be visual, but I sure wasn't going to check how much damage they were doing :p

And just gonna dump some redundant 07 Mana Burn data, examples at the bottom:
The bonus:
  • +20 magic resistance.
  • 400% of attack damage is applied as mana damage on successful hit.
  • Both ranged and melee attacks can apply mana burn.
  • Only physical attacks can apply mana burn.
The bad:
  • Difficulty level penalty to resistances applies to mana damage. This simply means (*1.4) on Nightmare and (*2) on Hell.
  • Monster will be healed for the amount of mana damage dealt.
  • Additional projectiles from Multiple Shot will apply mana burn.
  • If Extra Strong spawns before Mana Burn, mana damage will be doubled.
The good:
  • The item affix "Magic Damage Reduced by" reduces mana damage. (Therefore, this will also lessen the healing.)
  • Critical hits do not increase mana damage.
  • Fanaticism (Aura Enchanted) does not increase mana damage.
  • Might (Aura Enchanted) does not increase mana damage.
  • Minions do not apply mana burn.
The misc:
  • Energy Shield does not reduce mana damage.
  • Fade does not reduce mana damage.
  • Battle Cry does not reduce mana damage.
  • Weaken does not reduce mana damage.

Example:
Unique Hell Bovine on Hell with Extra Strong, Mana Burn, Extra Fast.
He rushes and smacks you for a high damage roll of 183, multiplied by 2 because of ES, then multiplied by 4 because MB, then multiplied by 2 because of difficulty penalty.
Luckily, you're carrying 2927 MDR, so only 1 mana damage is dealt. Good job!

Unique Flesh Archer on Hell with ES, MB, Multiple Shot.
Your lousy positioning causes you to get hit by all 3 projectiles. They all roll for maximum damage: (8+(5*7))*3*2*4*2=2064.
Luckily, you only have 5 mana left, so the Archer heals for only 5 points as she empties your globe. Good job!

Unique Misshapen on Hell with ES, MB, MS.
He hits you with his lightning ball.
Well, joke's on him; MB only works with physical attacks. Good job!

It's probably because they had fanat but the aura changed for some reason. IIRC this happens when you go to town sometimes but maybe even just porting past them (into their range so they spawn and then out of their range) and then back?

Has anyone else encountered this small bug where monsters that spawn with Aura Enchanted, will also have Fanaticism for a few seconds?
This happens in all versions, at least for me.

IIRC there is a bug with mana burn, causing it to burn way more than it should. Something like 1024 times as much. Can't be bothered to find the post, but @RTB had some insights I think. Missile attacks didn't carry the bug.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High