1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Discovered a new bug in 1.07 crafting (or an elaboration of a known bug, I guess...)

Was rolling hitpower bows, trying for the bug that turns 'when struck' on the frost nova automod into 'on attack/striking' (hoping that it will work as a 'mini-Ice' for 1.07) Anyway, rolled the following bow:
Code:
Glyph Harp
Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 19 to 97
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 67
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x45e0280e
+39% Enhanced Damage
+300 to Attack Rating
4% Mana stolen per hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Level 4 Multiple Shot (42/45 Charges)
Level 8 Frost Nova (4/5 Charges)
So the bow spawned a charge affix, and it changed the FN proc to (admittedly uselessly few) charges of FN!!

Edit: and another, even worse case of the bug (FN just disappears entirely)
Code:
Bramble Quill
Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 19 to 97
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 67
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2b6ae69d
+38% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
Adds 10-31 fire damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Level 5 Cold Arrow (15/48 Charges)
WoRG

Last edited:
Yes, the charges work, just like charges normally do...(including being slow due to zon's terrible cast rate...)

WoRG

Does anyone know the mechanics for magic arrow in 1.07?

Does it just add magic dmg to your base dmg with normal attacks? Does it convert all of the dmg to magic..?

@pharphis It should convert it all to magic. Unless it's bugged. Try it against a magic immune to see if it does anything.

So the question arose earlier, should I cube a Stone of Jordan in 1.08 instead? The answer is definitely! Lets look at the ratio for all rings <= qlvl 40.

Code:
1.07:
Nagelring -> 80
Manald Heal -> 40
The Stone of Jordan -> 1

1.08:
Nagelring -> 15
Manald Heal -> 15
The Stone of Jordan -> 1

So the chance of a unique ring (between ilvl 40-53) being an SoJ is 1:120 in 1.07 and 1:30 in 1.08. That's a 4x increase! On top of unique odds of 1:800. This means if you want to roll an SoJ with lightning res:

Code:
800*2 = 1600 topaz per Unique
1600*30 = 48,000 topaz per SoJ
30*800 = 24,000 rolls to get an SoJ

Where as in 1.07:
1000*2 = 2000 topaz per Unique
2000*120 = 240,000 topaz per SoJ
120*1000 = 120,000 rolls to get an Soj

120,000/24,000 = 5x faster to roll an SoJ in 1.08

What is the optimal level? Clvl 60 is the minimum to roll an Soj. Clvl 80 is the max before you can roll a Dwarf or Raven. So between 60-80 has the best chance to get an SoJ.

I'll try it out then. I still plan to level my char a bit first.
Does AR matter for magic arrow?

Magic arrow is affected by AR. The only zon skill that isn't is Guided Arrow.

Edit: (bow) skill not java

EDIT 2: Ok That's only correct for newer patches. In 1.07 all Bow skills ignore AR except Magic Arrow, Multiple Shot, and Strafe.

Last edited:
Well that sucks. At least I have something to put all my extra skillpoints into then...

Could someone please confirm Hellmouth's stats? A build I'm planning would really benefit from a CBF source on gloves.
Code:
15-40 Fire Damage
Fire Resist +20%
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
Cannot Be Frozen
+150% Enhanced Defense
5% Chance of casting slvl 1 Meteor On Hit

Also, the hell council can drop them at the 556% breakpoint?

Oh.. I missed that.

Found one of your posts from 2008.
3 - With 374%MF, random uniques, superuniques and council members in hell start dropping almost all sets. Now, this is something.
Those three points are crucial. 374%MF will get you sets or higher, 373% will result in a LOT of magic ones instead.

Just to clarify, what did you mean by 'sets or higher'? Is it possible for the council to reliably drop uniques or will I have to rack the gloves?

In 1.07, sets are more common that rares. So sets or higher means sets, rares and uniques.

With 374% they will basically only drop sets, but they can drop rares and uniques as well.

The quality order in 1.07 has rare and set swapped, compared to later versions. Meaning sets are more common, and require less MF to force. It is very well possible for the council to drop uniques. They don't do it like every run, but maybe every 5-10 runs, depending (slightly) on your MF.

Please note that those breakpoints are MUCH lower for class specific items, which means that if you force set+ on any monster, then all class specific items WILL be rare or unique. This is why the best odds for Tal Orb is council members at exactly 241MF (1:5882). Going just 5MF higher will net you odds of 1:6239, while 261MF further drops the odds to 1:9249. So many more of the Swirling Crystals will be rare. 271MF makes it stupid rare, with odds of 1:61411, and 272MF WILL prevent ANY class specific item from being set or magic at all.

For reference, the odds at 0MF is 1:75892. All numbers courtesy of ATMA drop calc.

Got a couple Fal runes from council and rolled more hitpower bows, finally getting one that was bugged to switch the FN from 'when struck' to 'on striking'... Unfortunately, it didn't work like I hoped and the Frost Novas don't go off where you hit, but rather on the character, just like you had cast the spell... I had hoped it would work like the 'Ice' runeword, and the FNs would go off where you hit at...
Code:
Brimstone Stinger
Matriarchal Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 89 to 347
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 187
Required Strength: 107
Required Level: 88
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x602edab6
+398% Enhanced Damage
+116 to Attack Rating
+59 to Maximum Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
7% Chance to cast Level 12 Frost Nova on striking
Still a very good roll, but not gonna work like I had hoped...

Hmmm...in game, the AD and FN procs read 'on attack' not 'on striking'...more ATMA weirdness, I guess...
View attachment 5513

WoRG

Last edited:
a lot of things read on attack in ATMA but act as on striking in-game. I showed some examples with some pics of the weapon glitch like 2 weeks ago

LOL, no, that's not it...(when you hellforge rush as much as I do, socket quests are never a problem...)

I was just excited to get it (took WAY more attempts than I had thought it would... turns out that CtC Amp is the ONLY affix that is 'on attack' for bows, so it's alot harder to get this bug on a bow than on a melee weapon...), so I immediately took it out to try it and see if it worked like I hoped before socketing it...

WoRG

Ref. better cubing odds in 1.08

Is there a way to quickly transfer items from 1.07 to 1.08? Like, doing it in ATMA? Or will that corrupt characters? I'd hate to put hundreds and hundreds of gems onto characters, opening them in 1.08 and then put that stuff back into stashes....

When I think about it, it wouldn't be that much hassle to test myself, except for my being afraid of corrupting... everything.

On another note, which weapons do you craft? If I'm not horribly mistaken, Colossus Blades should do well on 1.09 barbs? Hydra bow for 1.09 zon? Assuming no WF of course.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High