1.07 News, Info and Gossip

also got this while crafting:
P85wDbf.jpg

D2 is such a tease

@Yann that amulet is phenomenal :eek:

Found a very stable Winged Helm rack half a screen and a TK away from the WP in NM LK.. got the green but not the gold yet. I've quickly learned racking is not for the feint of heart, however. Fortunately, there is a hut with 2 chests keeping the monotony at bay:

Prefix 1118 Grand Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x78b2a2ad
+9 to Life
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Just out of curiosity, since you can't gamble sets or uniques, what do you guys usually do with the gold? After all this racking I'm maxed with nothing to buy :eek:

I usually bank the extra money for merc resurrections. Even with a barb merc it seems like they are just speed bumps. I think it's because mercs can't leech in 1.07. But I also play like a maniac so that doesn't help.

Question: any reliable way to spawn Thresher racks? I need to load up on a bunch of eth ones to forward for socketing. I've been trying LK but it just doesn't want to give me Threshers, maybe it's an ilvl thing? Thanks in advance.

@adamsaccount We spend all our money at the stripper bar. Halfway to Akara and a quarter from the waypoint.

@GooberGrape They can spawn you just have to keep trying. Remember to try manipulating the rack. Casting hydras or traps seems to get things quicker. If all else fails try complaining.

correct that mercs can't leech in 1.07

As for gold, I don't know. I have 450 million in the bank...

Sad update, managed to get about ~20 green valk helms then I accidentally hit "Normal" when signing into my character and lost the rack... Damn!

Another option is (and this is considered OK) get your map seed from ATMA or something if you get a good map. Write it down and if you ever accidentally lose it you may restore it with the -seed option.

What does everyone use for shields in 1.07?

I am still using this (on a Sorceress):
Code:
Prefix 1002 Kite Shield of the Mammoth
Defense: 17
Chance to Block:  28%
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 51
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x1ecd8b0d
+40 to Life
All Resistances +85
Socketed (3: 3 used) <- PDiamonds

Been wondering whether I should try my luck at some Charsi again. A 30@/1x DR Kite or Tower Shield would be good I suppose?

Has anyone crafted caster shields?

Any other ideas?

I use either the fcr shield, or the unique luna but honestly if you don't need fcr I would go with a blue like you are.

if i where to trade in the future i would have to start a fresh 1.07 right? I mean i can forward a sorc that is rushed and almost levelled to 1.07 and start racking straight away, but if i where to trade in the future (i am still thinking about the fact if i want it or not) i would have to start fresh ?

Oh and a sorc would be the go to build i guess?

Hello guys, greetings from Germany!

I started a FO/Static-Sorc untwinked a few weeks ago in Patch 1.07 straight on players1. No Multiplayer ;-)
I just reached Lower Kurast in Hell with Level 74 and want to start farming useful items. Now: I have a
map which drops Spiderweb Sashs from a stable rack. After 500 runs I ask myself: is ist impossible to
find an Arach because the inventar level is to high? I didn't find any information on this so your help
would appreciated.

Regards, Tom

Ups, thank you for this information. I didn't know about this.
Is there a any information about the existing uniques in 1.07
on the www so that I can judge wether it's crap that's dropping or not.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High