1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Many thanks, helvete.
After checking this website it's totally clear that I was thinking to "1.13c"-ish ;-)
It's been a long time (since 2010 I think) since I started it all over in Singleplayer 1.13 HC.
Seems I have to learn the game again. But, ... after I found a tiny little rack in LK which
dropped Collosus-Blades: finally after 5 green ones ;-)

[URL=http://www.directupload.net/file/u/50109/trk6e4ja_jpg.htm][/URL]

Today I Matted a (very) old project character in 1.07. I forget how to post stats from ATMA but she had 20 Valk and 20 Lightning Fury and that's about it, tons of points left over. Apparently CB is rather broken in this patch and works REALLY WELL with lightning fury, even allowed her to kill immunes. Baal sucked, his attacks are crazy strong. I had to partner up with my blizz sorc and static him down. Best finds were a healthy amount of magic rings and sapphires, hooray broken MPK rings! So I guess it's cow time for me. Moo.

According to the drop calc, Mephisto (H) with 556 MF would be your best bet for Tarnhelm. Since they always drop from the normal TC.

According to the drop calc, Mephisto (H) with 556 MF would be your best bet for Tarnhelm. Since they always drop from the normal TC.

Great, I just finished act 1 nightmare and my mf setup has 115 mf. I was hoping to get some plus to skills.

Also, is that 556 MF exactly? Like is 1.07 weird and 557 and 555 MF would be useless for this?

No. According to atma 548+ is all the same. 556MF is the optimal to pop uniques from all bosses, but generally 540+ is all you need.

One of the best pieces of armor is Skullder's which can be relatively easily racked in NM LK so I would go for that! skills, life, huge MF and the unbeatable 25 mdr

@Pringlesman If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and fight my way to Hell LK. There it should be fairly easy to roll Shako rack. Up until that point, one extra skill point and whatever MF from the Tarnhelm wont do you that much good. And Shako > Tarnhelm, ofc. When you are playing through the game, it's better to focus on resistances and FCR, and not to care too much of your chars level. IMO it's best to get to Hell LK asap, since you can find most of the useful stuff from there.

That being said, it's probably a good idea to give NM LK few rolls. Like phar said, you can find Skullder's from there, and also Valkyrie Wing , which is hands down the best rack-runners helmet in the game. I stopped in Nightmare LK to rack Arreat's Face during my first playthrough. Also, the superchests in NM are also well worth it, you can already get great charms and useful runes, gems & jewelry while there.

@Pringlesman If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and fight my way to Hell LK. There it should be fairly easy to roll Shako rack. Up until that point, one extra skill point and whatever MF from the Tarnhelm wont do you that much good. And Shako > Tarnhelm, ofc. When you are playing through the game, it's better to focus on resistances and FCR, and not to care too much of your chars level. IMO it's best to get to Hell LK asap, since you can find most of the useful stuff from there.

That being said, it's probably a good idea to give NM LK few rolls. Like phar said, you can find Skullder's from there, and also Valkyrie Wing , which is hands down the best rack-runners helmet in the game. I stopped in Nightmare LK to rack Arreat's Face during my first playthrough. Also, the superchests in NM are also well worth it, you can already get great charms and useful runes, gems & jewelry while there.

And racking in normal? i just started a fresh character and i am really in doubt if i should spent some time racking in normal (my first char so no boosting etc)

The game can be beat basically naked with a sorc, just shop some resist/life gear. Use the cube for all it is worth, rings and crafted items go a long way. Once in hell LK, you can build FCR fast by racking wizzies.

I wouldn't count on finding any unique from non-racks when starting out. Going pre-lod is the only reliable way of getting normal uniques within reasonable time.

The only thing I would hit up normal LK for is stuff to sell for gold and gems for rolling res rings (or saving them)

2NIz1sa.jpg

I didn't know this was possible. Has anyone ever gotten a resistance soj? What would be the best level to be to attempt to roll that? I still need to roll 2x MPK/10 fcr rings. I know level 8 is the best for that. I might have to start collecting more types of gems to do this.

I've found a 100% stable Russet Armor Rack so I'm running that for a skulders.

I found out online that you can equip two weapons at the same time. I've been able to successfully do the bug, but I haven't done anything with it. Is it kosher to use this around here? Seems like dual Wizardspikes would be amazing.

Also in the future I plan on making new sorcs to do racking. Like if I find a stable Bramble Mitt or Winged Helm rack, just make a new sorc and leave the old one forever at that map. Do any of the allowed programs around here have name renaming capabilities. So I could do something like rename that sorc to NMWIngedHelm so I can easily see what sorc has what map? I don't have gomule or atma. So I just start a TC/IP game with myself to mule. So I haven't checked anything to see if this is possible.

Last edited:
I use the dual wield bug, however I don't trade, or plan to trade. That bug is a part of the game in 1.07, just as much as the MPK rings are. Time travel should probably be declared when trading. Dual wizzy solves a LOT of mana/resist/FCR. I put HEL runes in mine, to save 15 points of dex.

I have successfully renamed a sorc with ATMA. I believe I had to rename the files in explorer as well for it to work. Been a long time since I did that.

SoJ is qlvl 39 or 40 I believe, so the first level would be 60 or 61 for them to be possible. Then I think your odds get worse after level 76 because that makes Raven Frost and Dwarf Star possible. Both are worse than their 1.09+ versions, so you don't want them

However, it was noted recently that 1.08 has the same feature; uniques and sets can spawn from the cube. Just with increased odds for unique (1:800 vs 1:1000) and if using a lvl 61 char, the chance that a unique ring actually spawns as SoJ is 1:31 vs 1:121. So a LOT better in 1.08

Makes for a bit of forwarding stuff, though.

Do 1.08 for SoJ's indeed

Little known fact: prior to 1.09 character files didn't have a checksum. This means you can easily rename them without ANY software. Just open with a hex editor and the name is right there. Change it and rename the .d2s accordingly. :)

Edit: almost forgot about a nifty little feature. Using a hex editor you can insert any characters. This means you can do this and be awesome like me (but not as cool ^^)
Screenshot2.jpg

Last edited:
Now THAT will solve a few things with the UI pre-lod. By now, all my mules start with X, Y or Z as to not clog the char selection, but I have a few chars which are very rarely used which needs renaming for easier access to the ones I want to do runs with.

Here are those very examples from res ring recipes

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x3414031
+40 to Life
+25 to Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +24%