1.07 News, Info and Gossip

my map is quite variable in 1.13
sometimes no monsters, sometimes a couple clusters, very rarely a bosspack

Indeed, in 1.07 everything was more consistent. I noticed on my sin the same mob spawns in the same place. It's more random in 1.10. This could be annoying, but lk only has 2 ohm and 1 sur and they're on different p settings. So even then, it's the quickest way to obtain a ohm/sur in pre 1.13

Edit- racks are consistent even when I take different routes. They almost always drop the same item. Definitely not in newer patches...

Fair enough. Good information to know. I'd still probably rather do 1.07 LK or rushing for the way better charms, racking and crafting along the way but for absolute speed sounds like RoF is better :eek:

Definitely. There isn't much RoF has to offer. But it's useful to anyone looking to farm multiple beta runewords.

Man, was just reading up on some old d2 articles. Apparently in 1.08 MF did work but only on the realms. That's a shame. It worked just like in 1.07, so you could easily get any elite unique. Lol we would all be playing 08 instead if that were the case.

Do you have a link maybe?

I did play 1.08 on the realms a bit, but I knew very little about D2 back then. Had played only 1 or 2 characters in vanilla D2 in SP, then another character in SP for a week or so with the release of LoD and then started online.

What, you don't like 1:4 million drop for TC90 items from unique monsters?

Or whatever it says in ATMA. Something absurd

What, you don't like 1:4 million drop for TC90 items from unique monsters?

Or whatever it says in ATMA. Something absurd
I knew tc 90 was rare, but never looked at it. Really that rare? I guess it explains why a 08 windforce was worth like 40 soj's. So even with the MF bug, racking is probably faster. Go figure.

More like "only for real men" type of rare.

And I'm sitting here wondering how to get that 1 in 1 million Zod. Apart from two I already found during RFL round 3 ofc.

I knew tc 90 was rare, but never looked at it. Really that rare? I guess it explains why a 08 windforce was worth like 40 soj's. So even with the MF bug, racking is probably faster. Go figure.
The problem is you can't rack windforce or stormspire or whatever it's clled back when it was an archon staff heh

Precisely the only use of 08. The crafting and WF/SS. SS would look cool on a sorc. She needs a good staff.

Edit: also, in 08 you can get the high level ele dmg sc's easiest. 08 had the same area level as 07, so many chests can drop lv 90+ charms as well as monsters. This could be really helpful for a melee sorc.

More like "only for real men" type of rare.

And I'm sitting here wondering how to get that 1 in 1 million Zod. Apart from two I already found during RFL round 3 ofc.

@Grape is eagerly awaiting your zod god sept thread! :D

Weird fight against frozenstein (pic so you can see his mods). I tried using lower res charges and static field and FOrb and did almost no dmg to him. Usually I can still do a usable amount of dmg and kill uniques that are CI but it's weird that even SF was doing 0 dmg. Any idea?

Also, does anyone know the exact mechanics on cold mastery in 1.07? Maybe his res was so high that it reduced my dmg to only ~1% or something? First interaction I've had like that. Also, obviously this was mp but I used enough SF + FOrb that I don't think it was desync or anything like that.

CE + Magic res = 150 cold res on top of monster res. I ran into some mobs that were 99% resistant as well. They take forever to kill. I've moved to 1.08 now but it's just as bad there.

BTW my CM is lvl 24 with -89%.. whatever that means exactly. I don't think I've run into a monster this tough before. In fact, I might not have done any dmg. Maybe my merc smacked it before being stun-locked forever. Weird that it wasn't LI and that lower res didn't make SF do any dmg, though. I don't get it

It could be the 07 cm mechanics only factor the first 100%. So if frozenstein had 195 cold res, it brought him down to ~98. Also keep in mind, 07/08 has display bugs in monster properties. He could have been LI without it showing. :)

Good read, thanks! I actually remember almost all of those bugs. Read most of Flux's other Decahedron posts, pretty sure I read them back in the day. Good times

Since pharphis inquired about how many Lo/Vex/Gul runes I might have gotten, here's Gul #1
apyZnyV.jpg

As we all know, D2 likes to mock us at times, as well as to reward us.
Mockery:
Code:
Prefix 957 Amulet of Chance
Required Level: 9
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x392713c8
27% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

MF-Prefix + MF-Suffix for a total of 27%

Prefix 1105 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x6f0693e1
+23 to Life
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skil

Prefix 1165 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x555f5443
+27 to Life
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Rewards:
Code:
Prefix 994 Grand Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x6d6a453c
+3 to Strength
All Resistances +16

First all-res charm I encounter in 1.07!

Prefix 1118 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x14839a3b
+31 to Life
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Quality
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xbb2785c
+54 to Attack Rating
+19 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 856 Small Charm of Quality
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x6f798a06
+8 to Maximum Damage

Bowazon doesn't really profit a whole lot from +skills unless it's a Magezone and I haven't seen a Magezone in ages. You actually have skill points to spare as a bowie, especially if you don't really use valkyrie but rely on decoy instead (like I do). Max damage charms are much better, which is even more true if you have 1.07 charms at your disposal.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High