1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Well well, finally on hell. Normal was easy except Baal, but I just spammed traps and dodged his flame. I went to 1.08 for nightmare and it's a PITA. My god, the ancients were near impossible. I used a life tap wand on them and had to roll non MSLE/cursed. Baal got a Nerf in 08, but not much. He could one hit me with flame. I used tap on him too and had a gface. I used a might Merc the whole way. They can't heal or leech, so that adds to the cake.

Oh, and don't even ask about hell duriel...

The good...
Found two rare 6 affix jewels. Going to roll them with skills. I also rolled a great lk rack map.
1 trap-winged helm
2 traps-balrog skin!

Ohhh man, xmas came early.
I got VERY lucky with this. It took me about 300 runs total. I heard of people doing 2k+ with no luck. Then again 1.08 has better unique odds. The only mod used is multiple windows and red runes.
08valor_rack.jpg

It is a thing of beauty. You look at those +vit numbers and just want to see it on the highest level character you have. Next Step, socket it and find a good thing to put inside it!

@pharphis Unique chance is 1/800 in 08 and 1/1000 in 07. Both have 1/125 for set. AFAIK there was some odd bug with +all skills, so blizzard changed it to class skills in 1.09.

@DiabloTwoinDC 8k and nothing? Make sure your running an area that can drop it. Last week I did 2k runs for a valk wing in nightmare with no luck :eek: If you don't want anything else in 1.07, move up to 1.08 for the better odds. LK can drop anything except Cranium Basher.

here's a pic (same as 07)
image.jpg

The only 08 difference in uniques is wizzy has 75 all res and Highlords spawns with deadly strike (typo in 1.07)

I found 35ish green balrog skins before I got my first unique drop. That was probably like 4k runs?

Ouch, 4k vs 1k. From what I've seen most people get one in the first 1.5k runs. There aren't any guides for 1.08 though, but you can assume it will be 20% faster to rack one.

I haven't messed with 1.08 other than when I tested the 'deadly' crafts a few months ago. I've got a few hundred pskulls waiting to be used for rare jewels, though...

If anyone downloaded the addon pack I posted earlier, please re-download.
Ughhh. stupid me. I forgot about the mem relocation and under some circumstances, the game will crash when hovering over an item. This happened to me earlier, and someone has also notified me of this happening to them. This has been fixed. I'll post the addon pack for all versions of the game at a later date. My bad guys. Sorry if anyone lost progress due to this.

Last edited:
Good luck on the jewel hunt!

The deadly recipes were kinda cool, they only worked on certain days of the month. There was also tons of class specific crafting recipes, such as class tab rings. I heard they only enabled them on the realms though.

ya I got 3/4 recipes top work (I don't have any mals for the last one) but I've seen at least one screenshot on another forum of the deadly belt craft, so I presume it works. Too bad they're all pretty useless.

Yeah the prime recipe is fcr ammy. It's broke in 1.07 and capped to 1 fcr lol. The biggest thing for me is blood weapons. It's sad Blizzard changed them to one weapon type. This basically ruined it since each char needs their own weapon. I got 2 lum for crafting ATM. I want to craft a phase blade dtr.

I know that you can craft weapons with most or even any quality (magic + white works for sure) and seem to recall other items (armors etc) must be magical? Does anyone know if you can craft rare armors? I got a greater hauberk rack, which so far has given me 2 magic and 3 rare armors, would be nice if rare works.

weapons can be anything, armor has to be blue iirc.

Oil Potion
Throw Damage: 0 to 1
Quantity: 13
Required Level: 20
Equip to Throw - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x4c209130
+11 to Life
1% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Maximum Damage

Pretty sure Wirt's Leg is a yes.

Don't think quest items can be but been a long time since I played 1.07 so stand to be corrected.

You can, and Khalim's Will is an awesome craft with its lack of requirements. If you bother with playing through yourself, and not just rushing + ancients to get free lvl 53 characters....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High