1.07 News, Info and Gossip

This was one of my first mpk rings, and I thin the only rare I've managed to craft:
Ovr6Yfd.jpg

Too bad the other stats are rubbish, since it was crafted with low level character. If high level char could hit something like that the results could be godly. Too bad the odds of craft getting mpk and fcr on higher levels are really low.

Currently using Shako w/Ptopaz, but I have a couple of MF circlets that I'm considering to try and reach 556% MF without the need for a merc:
Code:
Coronet of Luck
Defense: 32
Durability: 15 of 30
Required Level: 27
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0xbb5bc6b
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Prefix 1250 Circlet of Luck
Defense: 26
Durability: 22 of 35
Required Level: 19
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x45c27363
33% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Current setup gives me 333% MF (Shako, 3x Tals, War Trav, 25% rare gloves), leaving 223% needed from:
- weapon switch (right now +70%)
- 2x rings (~50%)
- charms (I have enough to make up the difference, but would be full inventory..)

The coronet, I could keep just as a switch for boss kills. The circlet seems like a 'decent' replacement for Shako, although I lose like 350 HP for a gain of 7% MF?!? o_O

Do people use weapon glitch with 2x Gull? I don't know where else I can make up more MF? I don't have any Ist runes lying around.. Maybe my best bet would be to keep gambling circlets, trying to get one that's +40%?

>The coronet, I could keep just as a switch for boss kills. The circlet seems like a 'decent' replacement for Shako, although I lose like 350 HP for a gain of 7% MF?!?

How does this circlet have more MF than harle? You only get one socket in this version right?

LoH trumps infernostride ;)

I'm sure it's useful for something, though, like a sorc (but then usually mdr is far superior to boosting max res for 90% of attacks)

Again, both not too impressive, but slightly altered from 1.13 counterparts. Noteworthy in that they both popped from 2 consecutive chests.

View attachment 4689 View attachment 4690

Hexfire
Shamshir
One-Hand Damage: 61 to 102
Durability: 28 of 32
Required Dexterity: 58
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 33
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x4c3b6b4a
+160% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +25%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Ignore Target Defense
3% Chance to cast Level 1 Hydra on striking
The Mahim-Oak Curio
Amulet
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x44d9df94
+5 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+20 to Life
+20 to Mana
+40 to Attack Rating
+10 Defense

why? It's just act boss kills, right? Just use a Kelpie on merc, or Coldsteel Eye (IIRC, it has slow?) on char for slow = easy merc kill..

I do have Kelpie. I may have to try that out. One of the reasons I'd like to carry all MF myself, is Merc does not survive very long. I'm going to be running Travincal Counsel for RFL. And, even if I can keep merc alive, he doesn't get many kills.

All that aside, why 556%mf? Unless you are trying to fill out a grail, get jewelry, or some such, 335%mf (cmiiw, it's been awhile) on super uniques will do more for getting 'good' unique drops than 556%mf boss, due to the limited tc 'bug/feature'

I haven't done much 556% magic finding, so I'd like to pick up whatever uniques I can without having to rack them. Not sure what drops are even possible (Viceratuant, String of Ears etc.) But, I'd like to pick up any uniques possible that even have slight variations to the 1.13 versions. You never know when they'll be of use!

Not to deter you from your chosen course, naturally. Just that I'm pretty sure the consensus back in the day was running SU's at the rare+ mf bp was more time-efficient than boss runs at the much higher Unique+ mf bp....

Lastly, I've got the "can I do it?" factor. So, I gotta go for it! ;) But, most people run MF below the 374% 'sets' breakpoint? The rares I get in 1.07 are t e r r i b l e . . .

Thanks for all the tips though!

Most of those uniques you'd have to get from baal or maybe Diablo, which is tough.

act bosses are mostly only good for jewelry and some useful uniques like gull, that bow with exploding arrows, wall of the eyeles...

IMO, you can get all of the useful exceptional uniques you'd want (and sets, ofc) but doing ~2k council runs without worrying about MF at all (use item find and a bit of MF if you can, ofc).

I got like 5 vamp gaze, 10 SoE, 5 skullder's, etc. over my 15k runs.

No I just mean you should have for whatever comfort allows. In HC, I didn't have much on a barb, and I don't care much for the rare/set bp. I'm sure some amount of MF helps, if only a little, though. I think I mostly just had gull (hork switch) + 2x ptopaz in helm/armor on my build and I still got plenty of items.

I've found so many usable charms for lvl 1/9/18/30 characters but I know they will never be used.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High