Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x17223e99
+10 to Life
+336% Enhanced Damage <-------- !!!
+110 to Attack Rating
4% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Blade Shield (Assassin Only)

Damn, now I'm tempted to burn all my Orts/Jewels on these.

Hm. I suppose it's a decent weapon-glitch option, though, because fcr and skill.

@pharphis, do you know which mods will work with wep-glitch?

I thought this would have been godly! But, doesn't appear that +min/+max damage gets applied:
Code:
Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
Two-Hand Damage: 47 to 92
Durability: 19 of 35
Required Dexterity: 25
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 33
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x224464e8
+10 to Strength
+150% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +50%
Slows Target by 100%
+1 to Life (1.25 per Character Level)

I'm thinking about trying out Fleshrender. I'm assuming CB/DS/OW all work? what about IAS?
Code:
Fleshrender
Barbed Club
One-Hand Damage: 64 to 107
Durability: 18 of 36
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 38
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x39ac4f4
+130% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
15% Chance of Open Wounds
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
1% Extra Bloody
20% Deadly Strike

I'm not sure how the weapon glitch stuff works exactly.

Pretty sure max/min dmg on ethereal items breaks them making them way worse. I have a few eth kelpies but I think the non-eth does more dmg as a result. Not sure when/why I heard that, though.

I haven't gotten around to the research yet (still working on 1.07 part of time travelers vortex) but I THINK it works the same way as barb dual wielding in later patches. However, I haven't leveled any melee characters far enough yet, and I still haven't got the gear I want for them. I'm going about it in the most legit way I can imagine, leveling everything by myself and finding everything for myself. I know that hax would be way more efficient, but for now, I've only used it to test some 1.06b cube theories.

Just to make it clear: The Time Travelers Vortex WILL return with a massive 1.07 edition, a somewhat smaller 1.08 edition mostly dedicated to the cube, a smaller yet 1.09 version covering leveling and 5frw SCs (there are no other items worthwhile from that version) and, of course, 1.10a and 1.10s guides to the +2 BKWB and the lol runewords.

However, it is taking a while, as I have a job, a band, a girlfriend and a kid... ...which seem to absorb time like a black hole.

I've got a lot of pskulls and rare joolz to burn through. Too lazy to do so, though. If you write that part of the guide maybe I'll be inspired enough to do it

Hmm.. Started to test some things on weapon-glitch..

Things that absolutely work:
+ character stats
+ resists
+ AR / % Bonus to AR
Hit causes monster flee

I haven't done any clock tests. But, it appears as though IAS on "off-hand" weapon does work.

I'm assuming Ignore target def, and prevent monster heal do work, but haven't verified.

This was interesting, not sure if LCS is accurate though:

Both AR and damage go up with Bloodrise..

Then, with Impaler (+150% ED), damage goes down.. :confused:

edit: Tested several weapons, glitching with two handed "off hand" weapon will display two handed weapon damage in LCS.

I'm gonna see what else I can come up with..

edit: I switched Bloodrise to be primary, and glitched Bloodletter. Damage and AR are exactly the same either way..

edit: I tried Bloodletter with glitched Diggler (+50% ED) and damage goes up. But, when I tried these two in reverse, damage did not match..

Update:

Tested on my sorc, and as expected +skills do work. Although it seemed EXTREMELY difficult to glitch 2x orbs for some reason.

Also tested with 2x shields. Defense does get added, but chance to block does not. Don't know about faster block rate.

Last edited:
Racked these:
Code:
War Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 41 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 24
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2fe4827c
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

War Scepter
Durability: 64 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x3bd72c48
+2 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

War Scepter
Durability: 40 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x50271fe9
+2 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Took surprisingly little time, these dropped in an hour or so. Still need Mal and Ist though.

I'm currently running Balrog Skin rack, but I'm not really feeling the map so i might just let it go if it takes too long. Seen about 5 greens and one yellow so far.

@jimsfriend I doubt it, since 1.07 doesn't have item-specific partial set bonuses (boni?). As far as i know, the "golden" partial set bonus doesn't stack if you have, for instance, two angelic/cathan's rings or something like that. Then again, it's 1.07 we're talking about, so who knows.

Also, condolences on the deeds. Those boars are scary.

I've been playing 1.07 for a few weeks now during my free time, and there are things I find really weird and sometimes very annoying in this version that nobody ever talks about, which leads me to believe that I might have a bugged 1.07 or something (which is very unlikely). So I thought that maybe asking here would clarify things for me. Which I'm listing here:

1- After reaching a certain point in the game, every source of items seem to heavily favor certain items types:
Gothic Plates, Ghost Armors, Griffon Headdress, Demonhide boots, Greaves, Fetish Trophies, Defenders, Akaran Rondache and Coronets. Whether it be racks, chest, super chests, normal mobs, bosses, etc.. Of course I do get other items, but these are the ones I see constantly.

2- Racks seem to drop up to Max socket -1. I had a Monarch rack that I decided to run for a while in order to get 4os Monarchs for 1.14. While I got lots of 1,2 or 3 sockets on those, I've never found a 4os Monarch on that rack. Same goes with my current Colossus Blade rack (which I'm running for Grandfather), I look at the superior socketed Colossus Blades, so if I find a 6os Superior eth, I'll keep it for 1.14 and decide what to do with it eventually. Again, I find plenty of 1,2,3,4,5 sockets, but never seen a 6os CB on that rack.

3- Frozen Orb: This spell is incredibly annoying to use, especially vs close range enemies. If the center "orb" hits an enemy, the graphic of the orb will continue as it should (shooting bolts and the center orb continuing through enemies), but it will stop dealing damage at all. So I always have to aim so that the orb doesn't actually touch any monster.

4- Running speed: The base running speed in 1.07 is unbearably slow, it's painful. And I've completed the whole game without finding a single decent item with FRW.

So, are these things normal for 1.07, or is it happening only to me ? XD

1 - Those are very common items, yes. Since so many items cannot drop, the ones that are common amongst those that can drop are even more common. Racks should be pretty stable, but should vary by map.

2 - The max sockets in 1.07 differ from later versions. Monarchs have a max of 3, spears a max of 4, all circlet types just one, and I think there are items which cannot have sockets at all, but can in later versions.

3 - This is a known bug, you get used to it after a while. Use static for all it is worth, so that orb may kill stuff before it touches with it.

4 - I don't know about the base speed, but I do know that there is no diminishing return on FRW, so once you get a lot of it, it works better than in later versions. As a sorc, you should be teleporting everywhere, except for town, though.

Those all are known bugs (or features, it's sometimes hard to tell). 1.07 is extremely raw and unoptimized, so some of the "under-the-hood"-features behave very differently when compared to current versions.

1 - In 1.07, the maximum treasure class the monsters can drop is capped at tc66. Somewhere in this thread, @WoRG had a theory, that when a monster tries to drop a item that has treasure class > 66, the items tc gets halved, and is set to tc33, which results in abundance of Gothic Plates, Griffon Headresses, etc. However, as far as I know, this is just very informed guessing, so the real mechanics behind this have not been confirmed. I'll try to find the post in question for better info. But yeah, it's normal for 1.07 to see those items all over the place.

2 - In 1.07, shields have max 3os, claws have max 2os, circlet-types have max 1os. Not sure about Colossus Blades, but best bet for 6os is to rack an ethereal with no sockets, and Larzuk it in 1.14, it will get 6 sockets. I think that in 1.07 the maximum amount of sockets you can get from Larzuk is 4 for most of the items. This is very convenient when racking eth polearms, since you'll want 4os for your Insigths/Infinities. Also, magic items can get 1-4 sockets from Larzuk, and crafted items can get 1-3. These wont of course exceed the socket cap of the base item, so no easy 4os Monarchs of Deflecting I'm afraid. Still, can lead to really powerful items.

3 & 4 - What @helvete said. With Frozen Orb, try to aim so that the Orb never touches the enemies. Spam Static Field like crazy. If enemy is chasing you, just FO to the direction you are running to. You'll get used to it. For FRW, keep every FRW charm you find and fill your inventory with them. LK superchests should get you some easily. M'avina's Sharkskin Belt is great item with 40%FRW, you should be able to find a rack quite easily in NM/Hell, and Set items are fairly quick to rack. Same goes with Valkyrie Wing, though racking it can take more time. Circlets have often FRW, but you may be better off getting FCR from your headgear. Shop boots, try to wear light armor/shield. It gets better, and it keeps getting better, since it's not capped.

I can recommend careful reading of this thread. It has answered to almost all the questions I've ever had regarding 1.07. Info is scattered, but it is in there, and this thread is hands down the best isource of 1.07 info in the internet. At least until helvete finishes with his guide ;).

Edit. Here is the post I was talking about. Practically every post by WoRG in this thread is a golden nugget of information.

Last edited:
You'll get used to FOrb. It is easier to use when you have a merc to limit the movement of monsters, though. I try to aim right beside monsters so they're hit with a decent number of bolts. For monster dense areas like cows, try to shoot between two herds at once (spamming static field between casts as well). It is actually quite effective.

you'll also find (especially with a merc) that for stationary monsters, it is possible to do the "FOrb explosion" hit to deal significantly more dmg (useful for LI bosspacks) but ti requires extremely tight spacing. In later versions, it doesn't matter as much since the FOrb itself does dmg but in 1.07 miscalculating the sweetspot really sucks.

Hey thanks for the advice everyone!

Basically, I've done all 3 difficulties with 0 FCR and 0 FRW, which was a pain, and got used to using Frozen Orb during my playthrough. I quickly found a Balrog Skin / Russet Armor rack which I ran until I had 2 Arkaines and a Skullders. (1 Arkaine and Skullders for 1.14, the other Arkaine for my 1.09 barb).

I had taken a short break from 1.07 to finish the game in 1.14 SC, since I died with my first ever 1.14 character on HC (level 90 blizzballer, with HotO, CTA, Spirit :( ).

I guess my last post was more a rant about the 1.07 quirks than anything else lol.

Now I plan to keep playing 1.07 mostly by running Lower Kurast super chests to get crafting mats and charms. I already found a few Max damage charms as well.

But, 2 questions remain:

1- Is there a place where I can see the max sockets for each type of items?

2- How the hell do you guys figure all of that stuff? I mean stuff like ilvl, qlvl, mechanics and formulas ? Do you have some sort of access to the source code, is it by reading through the .mpq files or just mass testing? It's not like there's ton of info about 1.07 on the web.

Some of it is people using the code, some of it is lots of testing. Some of it is from the web on archived pages

That was crafted, right? It can carry onto rare rings via the 1/200 chance of rares from res recipes, though it's not guaranteed to stack (im)properly. People have posted several successes, though I've crafted a handful that didn't stack :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High