Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

where to sink points that the bear of the druid gets more life?
You mean the grizzly bear or the bear form? Dire Wolves give a life bonus.

I was thinking of levelling a barb that will turn into a gold barb with pindle until i get to level 90-92. I was thinking of using frenzy and + tusk howl + Azure/or + Lawbringer. FOr merc its might + reapers toll. Any other weird combos i should try? Ill probably try to get a good pair of gravepalms as well.

Reactions: d2lover
you play with ladderrunewords?

i think oath beats tusk howl very easily

which are the direwolfs, those available at 6 or at 18?
The ones at 18. But i am mainly doing it to try out different setups. Vilehusk against pindle just seems like a cool way of doing things. You get a source of amp damage, and a huge amount of ED against undead. I have looked at Azureswrath + Lawbringer as well, but sadly the attack rating + undead ED doesnt seem to actually work. Pindleskin also lacks any DR when I looked him up, so I guess unless he has some phys immunities it wont matter. But I have amp damage either way... so meh.

Last edited:
I used the diablowiki something something. I thought it was a bit weird that it was listed as 0, but on second thought I should probably have reflected upon it and looked it up more than once.. I might try out sanctuary on a merc, the problem with using it is the source of cold damage. Maybe if i can kill pindlskin quickly enough that the merc cant connect with him it will work out.

I used the diablowiki something something. I thought it was a bit weird that it was listed as 0, but on second thought I should probably have reflected upon it and looked it up more than once.. I might try out sanctuary on a merc, the problem with using it is the source of cold damage. Maybe if i can kill pindlskin quickly enough that the merc cant connect with him it will work out.
If you put it (edit ... Lawbringer) on an Act 3 merc, then the cold damage doesn't matter. I haven't read the past few posts, so maybe this wouldn't work for you.

I have a question to pose to the thread, though:

I'm this >< close to Enigma (found Sur and Jah this morning :cool: ) and I'm thinking about what armor to make it in. I'm considering Wire Fleece for aesthetic reasons, but I don't want to regret choosing based on aesthetics.

Aesthetic Preferences:
Amazon: Archon Plate
Assassin: Wire Fleece or AP
Barb: any?
Druid: Any except Breast Plate?
Necro: Scarab Husk, Wire Fleece, Archon Plate ... in order
Paladin: Wire Fleece
Sorceress: no matter?

I will probably use it with every class (maaaybe even sorc at some point), so should I just go with Light/Mage Plate? I really don't like the look of Breast Plate much. The first character to use it will be AlxndrHammerton (since he found the runes), but I'll try it out on my Trav Whirler next, and I'll probably see if I can use it to turn my Kicker or Kick/Trapper into a decent Baal runner. There's also the possibility of using it on my Avenger to make a baller Baal smasher.

If this was only for the hammerdin, then I'd go with Wire Fleece for sure.

Thoughts/opinions?

Reactions: Luhkoh
I’d would recommend light plate for flexibility. You’ll save lots of points for vita relative to elite and even mage plate. If it was for a single character that would have Spirit shield, mage plate would be the winner on my book. But minimal strength for Pally leaves lots to life and makes a big difference on safety.

Is Bladebow Faith ok?

I found a BB with 14% ed (and already 4 sockets, saves larzuk), and the requirements should be reached by a Rogue.

Also one of the fastest bows, but the damage is a little bit lacking

I would use it on an Act1 merc but also on a Faithzon

which char profits from an act1 merc the most? WF zon?

meh, i will compare bladebow esthetics vs great bow, have superiors of both

greatbow is not equippable to a rogue at the lowest possible level without strength from helm/armor, but I don't care too much :D

it is however equippable at 71 or so

Ah, I found a nice base for a Dreamshield:

3 sockets 40 @ sacred rondache.

I think I make Dream then, and not Faith (I read now that bladebow and great bow are not worth it)

Any tips for leveling a dualdreamer until he can wear said runewords?

I’d would recommend light plate for flexibility. You’ll save lots of points for vita relative to elite and even mage plate. If it was for a single character that would have Spirit shield, mage plate would be the winner on my book. But minimal strength for Pally leaves lots to life and makes a big difference on safety.
Thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I'll get so rune rich that I can make one in a wire fleece later. :)

meh, i will compare bladebow esthetics vs great bow, have superiors of both

greatbow is not equippable to a rogue at the lowest possible level without strength from helm/armor, but I don't care too much :D

it is however equippable at 71 or so
For what it's worth, I patted a glass cannon hunter druid with a blade bow Faith (perfect damage roll, yay! min aura roll, Boo!) and never found it lacking. I've considered trying to use it with a hunter necro. I haven't used it on a Rogue much, just on a Strafer, and that was so long ago that I don't really remember it.

I was given that bow, though, so maybe the previous owner found it lacking....

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal and PhineasB
Thought I'd post this here. I made a full grail simulator last week in python. Not sure why, just thought it would be fun, and it wasnt too hard to make. I took only 34 items I consider to be relevant for the grail (ie i dont count knell striker and such since its a negligible amount of time to farm it from coldcrow if its your last item). I've now simmed 10k grails. I used 595mf on this sim. It saves the last 5 items found in the grail and the total number of bosses killed at the time of finding it. Ofc it assumes only alvl 85 bosses are killed, so it has that limitation. Thanks to @0skros for helping me optimize the code to run MUCH faster.

With 5.8 bosses per run, 32 second runs (my AT sorc's run stats), and 595 mf, here is some interesting data from it.
OzrbNkB.png

Haha that maximum is incredible. Fortunately, it's extremely unlikely to get anywhere near that. Heres a histogram. The x axis is bosses killed and y axis is number of grails out of 10k.
Zdrg8ed.png

And lastly, I looked up what grail had the most time between grail -1 and grail -0. I guess it makes sense that that one was the same one that was the maximum number of bosses to finish the grail. But anyways here's the grail data for the most cursed grail out of the 10k simmed. Warning, may make you want to quit d2 :p.
cxvza2f.png

And here's a link to a google sheet with all the output if anyones interested.

someone on reddit made that too in r/diablo2

was that you?^^
Nope that was @0skros. I sent him the code a few days ago and he helped me make it run faster, and he created that pie chart he posted on reddit and some other graphs :).

Reactions: d2lover
A few more results from that simulation. First, from the same data set of 10k grails, here is the distribution of items that are your last grailer.
QJIAqDv.png

Mangs really should be pretty much the same as astreons and dweb ofc, but theres some variation with only 10k grails simmed. And as expected they are in order according to their dropchance, but its fun to see roughly how likely each one is (which would be EXTREMELY hard to calculate as opposed to simulate). Now another fun one, the distribution of which item is the second to last grailer:
8JF6m6g.png

Haha, so tyraels is SO likely to be last, that it makes it less likely to be second to last than metalgrid. Pretty funny. I also made charts of third to last through 5th to last, but they are uninteresting since the percentages really smooth out and the pie chart is all more and more equal.

Then today a couple of people I'd showed this to requested that I add a counter for the number of templars you find prior to finding tyraels. So i added that in, but ofc couldnt keep the same data set. So I reran another 10k grails, which takes 20-25min. And got this result:
jAQ1hag.png

78, holy crap 0_0. And as you can see, the longest grail in this data set isn't even as long as in the old one. And i calc 78 templars before tyraels is 1 in 1 / (8/9)^78 = 1 in 9.8k chance of happening. So not even that notable in 10k grails. But 50% have it done by their fifth unique sacred, so maybe thats comforting?

Now quick quiz time. I made a histogram of the number of "templars before tyraels". What do you think the most common result was? I would have gotten this wrong, but in retrospect its obvious. Another way to say that is "what # usa found is mostly likely to be tyraels?".
Answer: The first one!
UQmxfVM.png

Y-axis is number of grails simmed with that result.

At first I was like this can't be right, but really its easy if you just try and calculate it.
What's the chance the first uSA is tyraels? 1/9
What's the chance the second one is tyraels specifically? 1/9 * the chance the first one was NOT tyraels, so 1/9 * 8/9
And in general, nth one being tyraels = 1/9 * (8/9) ^ (n-1)

Let me know if you guessed right!

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High