Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Iron Maiden would certainly be exquisitely fitting but amplify damage to aid the thorns and barbs will be a more effective addition than a third source of returned damage.
Cleric with thorns is another funny idea for the sole and noble purpose to punish Duriel and Talic and the claw vipers.

With the little damage monsters deal in relation to their life, one should not forget the unique blade barrier Spike Thorn, that would be something to put on an iron wolf and then spam holy bolts at him.:p

Also, @Swamigoon , blue text on black?! Heresy! Sacrilege! Great guide, otherwise.
About hurting yourself to make the blueblooded carrion vine eat corpses, there is a third way! Equipping Malice without regeneration to counter it will hurt you and so encourage the vine to eat. Problem solved! :D
Also, by describing the spirits as female and labelling spirit of barbs as Barbie, imagine what acoustic horrors you may have given rise to if such a build ever makes it into a guardian thread.

Last edited:
@Maltatai Back then the AB forums were dark text on a white background. I wasn't paying close enough attention to notice when the change to a dark background happened. The "malice" runeword idea was one of many replies with corrections to that guide.

Reactions: Maltatai
Good info, I am thinking maybe a summoner druid for one of my 3 legged race toons...paired with a light sorc :) probably regret both due to immunes in hell but I have always liked the druid sunmoner idea...and I like a good light sorc plus that's the teleport tree so can skip some immunes anyway ;)

Reactions: Kitteh
@Swamigoon Check out the Cloak of Shadows section here:
You probably got a crow's nest :confused:

It doesn't have to be that bad. Diablo II is the stablest game I've played but there have been a number of horrifying error messages that still turned out to be less of a scare than they seemed.

What happened after pressing OK?

I’d would recommend light plate for flexibility. You’ll save lots of points for vita relative to elite and even mage plate. If it was for a single character that would have Spirit shield, mage plate would be the winner on my book. But minimal strength for Pally leaves lots to life and makes a big difference on safety.
Well, good news everyone:

Enigma
Light Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 872
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x24cdd343
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+766 Defense
+69 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
93% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

Also, my left click is starting to wear out (logitech is nice, but they seem to wear out fast...), so I *may* need to get a new one:

delEnigma.PNG

In case you don't see it, 'delete?' is right next to 'view item' in GoMule.

After I pushed OK, the game process terminated pretty gracefully. And yes, I think I was casting cloak at the time.

Reactions: Maltatai
I haven't gotten so far with any planned summoner so we'll see if a Reapers Toll drop, but it's so rare that I wouldn't count on it. Cursing rare weapons will be something to gamble for though. I started a hunter druid with spirit wolves and a rogue some time ago that is supposed to be able to support them with cursing blade bows or something like that, unless some funny unique bow drops. Named Gaston to taunt my wife who likes the beauty and the beast, teamed up with the rogue Elly (closest available name to Belle I think). His creeping sycophant can be represented by the poison creeper.

I'm not exactly a fan of the town guards in general but they are interesting for certain builds. Thorns with spirit of barbs sounds interesting to try, they could have some spirit wolves and a poison creeper along to act as cheap traps for enemies and distractions to keep the heat off the town guard. The base vitality druids that sort of was the reason I asked will be going without mercenaries completely, they will have to manuoevre very carefully and having a hireling to watch out for wil get in the way of operating effectively.
When I first saw that movie as a child, I had a perhaps unusual take on some of the lyrics:

Code:
Gosh it disturbs me to see you, Gaston
Looking so down in the dumps
Ev'ry guy here'd love to be you, Gaston
Even when taking your lumps

I thought that meant even pooping was the bees knees if you were Gaston.

Also, maybe to be not off topic, I have a D2 question. I'm trying to optimize my points for my hammerdin, and it seems like maxing Holy Shield is a gigantic waste of skill points when only block is concerned. After +skills, 1 point: +36%, 17 points: +38%. Of course, HS does other things, but is more points worth it? Should I raise my max resists instead?

I have tried to find the answer to this, in a guide suitable for a NOOB... How do you set up Cow-running? I have 2 char where one can still open the portal. But how do I multiplay with myself? Do I need 2 computers? 2 instances? How to connect to each other? I have never played anything other than SP so this is completely new to me...

If I was wanting to farm for envy jewels for twinking would normal LK superchests be the place to go, or maybe find an act 1 normal superchest and just hit that?

Reactions: Kitteh
@Nona just collect Khalims Will, mule it off by any means and you have the best twinking weapon for free.

Envy can't beat that until level 9 and then Civerbs takes the BiS place.

I would rather gather max stamina jools, they will be of great use.

Lvl 15 1.07 Ravenclaw

Even tho, a max stamina of envy jool would be very nice, I prefer hard damage instead of damage over time, with lvl 9 you can socket "of wrath" giving 9max damage multiplied by your strength investment.

and until level 9 you won't need more damage, rather lightning resistance to kill rakanishu

Great thanks, I tried installing 1.07 and ran into trouble even with all the guides...maybe I should check the trade value of a HC 1.07 Ravenclaw or try again....Ill think about the Wrath jools and KW as well. I've always liked poison as an effect and thought it might be fun to plink away with a long bow on my rise to bigger and better things.

A bit of a noob question: when I use /playersx for runs (trav, CS, etc) does the setting persist between runs?

I'm asking because I know that entering a command 10+ times makes it persist in the chat log history, making it easy to run the same command, but through googling I also saw many posts on other forums that claim that there is no need to use /playersx every time.

Edit: also, an unrelated question: I'm partway through a CS run where I use the seal bug to clear the area, and I didn't get the screen shaking before Diablo appeared; is that normal?

Last edited:
Here's a really nerdy statistics question. Hopefully it's not too mathy-geeky for most of this thread's audience; if it's too geeky for you, please forgive.

I'm playing a ranged attacker using a Witchwild String bow, which has the lovely property "2% chance to cast amplify damage upon striking." The statistics-style question I want to ask: when I start shooting, how many attacks can I expect before the curse procs? Another way to phrase it: what's the expected value of the number of attacks between curses?

Is a "Poisson distribution" the way to model this question? If so, how? If not, what's the appropriate distribution to use to model this problem?

@Swamigoon google: "how many coinflips until heads math stackexchange"

just do the math then with 0.02 instead of 0.5

Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High