The Class Specific Set MP Group

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
Avengers was good. The Shapeshifters was even better.

Theme has been decided as Class Specific Sets. All different if possible.
We are aiming for Saturday 28th Feb and Sunday 1st March

General Rules as before:
  • Host will be 1.14d SC FAM, so your character will need to comply with this.
  • Starting point will be Hell A1, no quests done, so you need to get your character to Champion solo.
  • This will be all quests and waypoints, not a rush. Yes, even A2 Halls of the Dead. We will kill Nihlathak, but taking the WP is up to you.
  • I plan on hosting games at about 14.00 EST / 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET, Saturdays & Sundays. Each session lasting about 2-3 hours, depending on peoples availability

Last edited:
Some ideas I had:
- Berserkers
- All the same class
- Class specific sets (The Glow Sticks is a sub-set of this one I guess)
- No mercenaries
- Avengers themed builds (Not using vengeance, the builds are all themed after Marvel characters)

Reactions: D2DC
MP sept must happen!

I also thought about Berserk or Zeal, although it will be rather similar gameplay to Avengers probably? I'd still be in of course. :)

As mentioned in the other thread, maybe a Whirlwind group could be fun (Sins and Barbs). But maybe not to everyone's liking.

All class sets is fine by me, too. I thought about a sept of Bears using all set items (every slot), so I might kick it off with this. :) If Natalya's counts I'd probably still go WW Sin if allowed... It doesn't glow though.

I may hit Trav every once in a while when taking breaks from HC 99er Barb in the upcomings weeks. Maybe I'll get lucky with the missing Mal/Ber/Jah for another Last Wish, so I could build that support Barb... At some point I want to see how much of a boost he could provide to a multiplayer group, but maybe some future group rather than this one.

Reactions: D2DC
Actually I could easily do Shapeshifters again as I want to do one in every class. Almost anything works for me.

@PhineasB Are you running RFL again this year? If yes when?

Yes, I'm planning to host again this year, and was thinking to keep the same general timeline of starting mid-March, so either 12 March or 19 March for Round 1 start. I was planning to post an interest-gauging / planning thread this week since we're a little more than a month out from the starting window.

Reactions: maxicek
Awesome, looking forward to it.
I'm just wondering where we fit the next one in, before or after.

I would do another FC Aldur's Druid, this time with Phoenix and Skillers that I didn't have for the first one, and with Armegeddon , if we go the class set route.

If we go class specific, and I kinda like that, I have everything except Vortex shield and Suwayah, and also have done barb and sorc already for the now mandatory mp sept, so in order of my preference that leaves me with ama, necro and druid....

Im fine with doing it before rfl

I'm fine with the next session in 2-3 weeks, still some time before RFL starts.

I'm thinking once spring comes around and (hopefully) the Covid situation isn't as restrictive anymore, I'm not sure we all want to spend weekend evenings playing D2.

So I'd say let's get in more sessions while there isn't much else to do anyway. :D

--

So it seems like we're going "class sets", but without "aura glow" requirement? No restrictions on skill use right?

I'll get started planning a Natalya's Sin then. Strongly leaning towards WW, but considering another Bear as well...

If we are doing sets I am interested in Amazon, Paladin or possibly Necro (this would be a re-build). I'm leaning towards Amazon as I haven't played one for ages. Are we all going to try and do different classes?

Targeting 28th Feb & 1st March?

If we are doing sets I am interested in Amazon, Paladin or possibly Necro (this would be a re-build). I'm leaning towards Amazon as I haven't played one for ages. Are we all going to try and do different classes?

Targeting 28th Feb & 1st March?

Sounds good to me.

Think I'll go WW Sin and hybridize with traps, TBD whether focus on DS or LS. At first I thought maybe go Venom this time, since I never went down that path so far, but after revisiting this topic I again thought damage is just too low... @PhineasB @maxicek you guys know more about Venom Sins than me – let me know if I'm missing anything here, but in my book something like 2k poison damage per second isn't worth it? And that's with heavy investment in Venom. To me it seems better to boost the higher phyiscal dmg via inventory/sockets, not to mention LS/DS dmg via skills and + skill gear...

In any case it's probably better for the group overall if I use the stronger traps, as I expect we'll all be less powerful than in the previous two iterations. Can't hurt to have a healthy chunk of elemental/AoE damage as backup.

@ffs - I think it depends as you said on degree to which you want to rely on traps. I played my WWsin as primarily melee with CE support from DS, and Venom becomes a good option then for extra damage. But I agree it pales in comparison to LS if that is being pumped, especially if Infinity is around. With Claw Mastery maxed and some 1+ pointers, the core build for WWsin is quite light on skill investments, leaving lots of flexibility. Even after maxing Venom, I still maxed DS and nearly maxed LS on mine, so you don't necessarily have to choose between build and can switch up the playstyle to what suits based on monster rolls and other factors.

hey @maxicek feel free to go for the mavina's, also there was some aldur's talk from @PhineasB , in that case I would take the necro spot, it feels as a nice sept theme for me - my sorc playing with pally skill, barb utilizing druid skill, then necro impostoring sorc skills feels only natural :)

Edited title and first post.
Is it table time already?

Code:
Name           Character        Set          Build                     Current Level        Merc
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________        ________

maxicek        Antiope          Mavina’s     FA + MS ?                 0                    Might & Infinity ?

I'm still OK to change if someone really wants to do Mav's.

Also if anyone wants to join but is missing items, I can supply all sets as [1.14d SC FAM]. Only thing I can't do is Griswold's Caddy with 4os, but I have plenty of 3os. No charge :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High