1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Just to clarify, I didn’t want the “can some please hack this back in” request discussed further. But seeing that the OP went off on one, I have now locked the thread.

Everyone is free to discuss where they were enabled, theorycraft what you would do with them etc, but requesting a mod is clearly against the rules.

If I wanted nothing further on the topic I would have locked the thread in the first place.

~1,3k runs for Arkaines but no gold yet from that rack. Other dropped this:
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 19 to 68
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 56
Quantity: 77
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Level: 42
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7a0eaf11
+15 to Strength
+30 to Life
+60% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20-30 lightning damage
Knockback
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenishes Quantity

Does anyone have a Grail sheet some sort for 1.07?

m4ke

Lest I forget... when I'm done with what I'm currently working on, I'm considering a trip to 1.07 with 2 objectives in mind.

The first one is straightforward, find a (4OS) eth GPA for a beefed up Insight. Simple but tedious, just find a willing rack in LK and grind it out.

With the second one, I'd like some confirmation to save myself from potential time waste.

Taken from @WoRG's crafting guide:
Caster Ring -> ring [qlvl:1] +Jewel +Ko +Amethyst
7-21% Mana regen
+15-25 mana
+8-15 energy

I'm hoping to craft at least one ring with 10% FCR and up to 40% MF. According to modern affix tables, I should aim for character level 64-65 since "of Fortune" needs l42. This is assuming the 07 tables are the same as in modern patches, I found mention of some differences, but couldn't find the specifics. "+61 to +90 to Mana" is the highest mana suffix, available at l37, and I'd rather miss out on some higher affixes to increase my odds of rolling a FCR/MF ring.

This is what I'm currently using in 1.14d:
Code:
| item           |  MF |
------------------------
| Shako          |  75 |
| 3 part Tal's   | 192 |
| War Traveler   |  47 |
| Fathom         |  30 |
| Gheeds         |  40 |
| 33 MF SCs      | 203 |
| FRoF           |  33 |
| Rare FCR ring  |  11 |
------------------------
+ Trang's and Spirit

An IstIst 3/20/2 or 2/20/2 coronet/tiara/diadem with Chance Guard's would surpass Shako/Trang's in terms of MF while maintaining 105 FCR, but I'm better of looking for those in 1.14d, right?

Finding one I'd gladly sacrifice the life, hopefully make up for the mana with crafted rings, and just maybe for once have a MF sorc which isn't wearing that ugly green rag.

I guess that's my new goal, should've known I wouldn't stop after completing the grail :D

The highest mana suffix is "Bahamut's" (91-120), aviable at ilvl45 (which also unlocks "Shimmering", "of Blight", and "of Chain Lightning"). ilvl42 for "of fortune' s correct.

I think higher operational ilvl is better, because you want at least 3 affixes, and at ilvl42, you have a 60% chance of only two of them (and 20% chance each of 3 and 4). If you use the Ko rune right after it drops (without S&E), 66% of the rune's ilvl is added to 66% of your clvl; you want the result to be 91+ for guaranteed 4 affixes. For a rune form LK hell, that's clvl50+

Under the presumption that the result is always 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes (is that correct?), I think the chance for a Fortituitous/of Fortune/of the Apprentice craft ring is 0.00607% at ilvl91+

@Albatross Crafts can get up to three pre/suffixes in all versions of LoD (and there is no crafting pre-LoD)

The hard part of getting a 4sox GPA will be finding the rack, once you do, it's pretty easy...and 1.07 polearms are MaxSox=4, so Larzuk will always put 4sox in a GPA from hell LK, meaning its not even hard to get a 4sox superior eth one!

2/20 and 3/20 circlets can drop in 1.07, but you should forward them before trying socketing...1.07 circlets are MaxSox=1 :(

You are correct that clvl64/65 would be optimal in terms of getting 'of Fortune,' but I agree with @Derklord that you improve your chances more by guaranteeing 4 affixes than you lower them by expanding the affix pool, and most of those affixes are pretty sweet anyway... if you're at least clvl64, you can also use any emeralds/sapphires/topazes/rubies on the resistance ring formulae to try and roll a Fortuitous ring of Fortune with a resist...

You might consider rolling Blood rings instead...they not infrequently bug to spawn 20+% LL, and automod life might be better than automod mana, considering that 1.07 ring crafts can get 120 mana from affix, but only 40 life from affix...

BTW, its definitely possible to craft a 'Bahamut's Fortuitous Ring of the Fortunate Apprentice'... I did so a couple months ago, but have been holding off showing it for something big like a new IFT...

I've been racking for a few remaining 1.07 Grailers lately, managed to score Sazabi's sword, Naj's plate, and Doombringer...

Also picked up a lot of high def, superior, and eth Archon Plates, Wire Fleeces, Scarab Husks, and of course Hellforge Plates along the way, along with a couple other interesting things like an eth pally shield that would have been awesome for Exile if it had been found in a later patch, and a failed unique Bloodlord Skull...if only 1.07 had Darkforce Spawn! :oops:
View attachment 15308
Code:
Rune Rock
Bloodlord Skull
Defense: 326
Chance to Block:  32%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 31 of 31
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 96
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x3eadf503
+13 to Life
+119% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +16%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +16%
Adds 12-28 poison damage over 4 seconds
+3 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

WoRG

Last edited:
@WoRG thanks!

BTW, its definitely possible to craft a 'Bahamut's Fortuitous Ring of the Fortunate Apprentice'... I did so a couple months ago, but have been holding off showing it for something big like a new IFT...

Spoiler alert! :D well, at least it's confirmed that they are possible. Looking forward to the future IFT post.

Blood rings are tempting, but I doubt I'd make full use of them since I don't really play melee. Besides, I never felt my AT sorc is missing life, but a bigger mana pool would help with mana burn recovery.

I've been following this thread (and read all the way through) while playing. Incredible that we're still learning new things about a game we've enjoyed for (nearly) 20 years.

For the LF Zon experts - the recommendations here were to craft javs - which bases in particular are good targets? Ceremonial/Matriarchal for the +skills? Some other Javelin? Elite or not to limit dex reqs?

@m4ke - really impressive use of Assassins to manipulate the ticks. Is there a particular build you're using?

Some pages back it seemed as though someone might be using the RRM in 1.07 - is that doable?

For the LF Zon experts - the recommendations here were to craft javs - which bases in particular are good targets? Ceremonial/Matriarchal for the +skills? Some other Javelin? Elite or not to limit dex reqs?
Depends on the goal. For Cow level runs, I'd use a Maiden Javelin to avoid killing the king (very real possibility with high CB percentage). For general play or Trav runs, Matriarchal for highest physical damage vs. LI enemies, and bosses.
There's basically no reason to use a non-amazon-javelin, as you want speed, and the amazon javelins are the best -10 speed javelins.

Note that ED is worthless on the craft, what you're looking for is: Increased attack speed, refill, increased stack size, chance to proc AD; in that order.

A blue Maiden Javelin of Alacrity would easily get you through hell if you're wearing CB equip, though.

@m4ke - really impressive use of Assassins to manipulate the ticks. Is there a particular build you're using?
He's using an Amazon, although an Assassin would actually be much better. For an Assassin rack running build, all you need is maxed Burst of Speed and either 1 point in Charged Bolt Sentry (or Wake of Fire) or a claw with any trap (not Shock Web) as automod. Any creature summoned in close proximity to the rack ticks it, but Hydra's casting delay makes using it more than once per rack less time efficient.

Does anyone have a Grail sheet some sort for 1.07?
Yes I do!

Crafts can get up to three pre/suffixes in all versions of LoD (and there is no crafting pre-LoD)
Thanks. Do you happen to know the distribution?

Last edited:
From observation, I'd say it's the same as in modern patches: 50/50 chance an affix is prefix/suffix, subject to a cap of 3 pre/suffixes. @Fruit might know for sure, but that's what I've noticed (and I have crafted rather a lot, LOL)

Javelins: Avoid slower bases not so much because they are slow, but because their stack sizes are smaller (and elites don't get a stack boost in 1.07). ED% and +min/max damage do work when you actually melee something (jab/impale/fend), but if you're throwing, they do NOT... I'd definitely check all rare javs (normally 1.07 rares kinda suck, as they can't get nearly as much ED% as modern rares) I'd actually recommend crafting gloves (CB/+skills/IAS) and boots (40% FRW!!) over javs for a 'zon... If you craft javs, the replenish affix is VERY nice, it reduces repair costs a LOT (crafted javs tend to be VERY expensive to repair).

I tend to focus more on FRW (for herding) than IAS for a LF 'Zon...if you herd up a decent sized pack and have high pierce, it doesn't take but a few shots...

Amazons tick racks with Decoy, not Hydra... I wish Sorcs had another way to tick racks, Hydra actually ticks 3 times per cast (or 2 if you cast it ON the rack), and has that VERY annoying casting delay...I don't think FW ticks racks, so the only way a sorc has to tick a rack once is to open a portal...(on the other hand, TK allows for some decent fiddling as well)

I finally managed to find a stable Vampirefang Belt rack in LK, so I'm now running for a Nosferatu's Coil (and blue Vampfang belts for potential crafting bases)... Ironically, that rack is paired with a rack that drops Champion Swords, and another rack on that map drops Spired Helms...and the last two grailers I racked for were Doombringer and Veil of Steel:rolleyes:o_O
View attachment 15352 View attachment 15353 View attachment 15354

WoRG

Amazons tick racks with Decoy, not Hydra... I wish Sorcs had another way to tick racks, Hydra actually ticks 3 times per cast (or 2 if you cast it ON the rack), and has that VERY annoying casting delay...
Yeah, that was (supposed to be) two different pieces of information. You can tick with any summoned creature/object, but the best class for moving around only has the hydra which's cast delay makes it inefficient to be used more than once.

50/50 chance an affix is prefix/suffix, subject to a cap of 3 pre/suffixes.
If that, and my math, are both correct, that lowers the chance to roll a Fortituitous/of Fortune/of the Apprentice craft ring at ilvl91+ to 0.00417%.

I don't mind a single cast of Hydra, but waiting for that cast delay is just unacceptable when racking...actually, the Vampirefang Belt rack I'm currently running requires BOTH Hydra and TK to get what I want...

It's the armor rack from an LK campfire pair...the WP is 3 tele's up from the rack, but to get a Vampirefang Belt off it, I have to teleport past the rack, cast Hydra between, then pop the rack w/TK...you can see this in this screenshot:
View attachment 15394
Its a bit fiddly, but fast and completely stable... I've now hit that rack around 1K times, still no gold, but hopefully soon...on the other hand, as I feared, the Champion Sword rack paired with it has already popped out another Doombringer...hopefully I'll get Nos' Coil before I get another or a second Veil of Steel from the Spired Helm rack :rolleyes:
View attachment 15396
Code:
Doombringer
Champion Sword
One-Hand Damage: 51 to 253
Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 252
Required Dexterity: 107
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 71
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x845922d7
+200% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+100 to Maximum Damage
Increase Maximum Life 25%
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking
I'm also hitting racks in UK that drop some nice staffmod and crafting bases...had an interesting run where I got two crafting bases that rolled exactly the same crappy mod on both:
View attachment 15398

WoRG

Did another 500 runs or so...got another failed unique Bloodlord Skull, then near the end, a gold Spired Helm... I really wish I'd had this set of racks first, before I wasted a couple weeks running for Veil of Steel #1 a couple months ago:(
View attachment 15432
Code:
Veil of Steel
Spired Helm
Defense: 430
Required Strength: 192
Required Level: 73
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xbea4473
+15 to Strength
+150% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense
All Resistances +35
+4 to Light Radius

Bone Shield
Bloodlord Skull
Defense: 171
Chance to Block:  32%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 41 of 60 <-----3xDurability
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x79721ecd
+15% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Maximum Damage
Damage Reduced by 1
All Resistances +15
Adds 4-14 poison damage over 3 seconds
+3 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Summon Resist (Necromancer Only)
Half Freeze Duration

Then, after some 1500 runs, I finally got what I wanted:
View attachment 15433

Sort of...I grabbed it with TK and looked in my inventory to discover:View attachment 15434
Code:
Nosferatu's Coil
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 96
Durability: 8 of 8
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 61
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd732a395
+15 to Strength
+50% Enhanced Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
-3 to Light Radius
3% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Slows Target by 10%
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

It figures...the ONE elite unique which isn't indestructible, and I get the eth version...:rolleyes:

On the one hand, Cool! Its that much rarer than a non-eth, and is a huge boost to ever getting a 1.07 eth unique grail... on the other hand, I actually wanted to try it out on a character...

I've decided to keep running until I get a non-eth, but I'm going to stop hitting anything else on the runs, which will speed it up a LOT...hopefully, it won't take too long to get a non-eth one!!

WoRG

Indeedy :D

Welp, got a non-eth Nos' Coil...took a lot more runs but only a few hours as I was only hitting the rack and only picked blues for crafting bases... It is indeed only 3%IAS...REALLY puts the 'Slightly' in 'Slightly Increased Attack Speed';)
View attachment 15441
Code:
Nosferatu's Coil
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 62
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x6d1ffe1
+15 to Strength
5% Life stolen per hit
-3 to Light Radius
3% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Slows Target by 10%

Think I'll step away from the racking for a bit...maybe run cows or Act5 areas for a while...

WoRG

It is indeed only 3%IAS...REALLY puts the 'Slightly' in 'Slightly Increased Attack Speed';)
And that's a fixed stat, not a bad roll.
Still, better than the 1.00 unique boots - Tearhaunch with "Faster Run/Walk" and and Treads of Cthon with "Fastest Run/Walk", in practice both have... 1%.

I'm rushing another batch of sorcs for racking, as all the others are occupied.
- Does anyone know how to get the Den quest in a rush? Does the host character have to kill one monster or something?
- I messed up Diablo too. Is range a factor when Diablo dies?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High