Prefix 988 Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 3
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x11470ed3
+117 to Mana
10% Faster Cast Rate

rlvl is 37.
Back on the old d2 forums, I acquired two Bahamut's rings of the Apprentice (103 and 111 mana).

The 111 mana ring was given to me as a gift.
The 103 mana ring I traded for approximately 6 pgems and 6 nef runes.

depends alot from which patch

if it's 4 max then maybe slightly more than a plain, comparable to +colddamage which goes for Mal

if it's 10+max from 1.07 (dont know if 08 has those still), then i guess quite something!

Reactions: Vang
Whoops! I'm a moron. I found the trade value post shortly after posting here. I've posted my guesses below, so please feel free to correct me or, for extra fun, deride me!

I just made my trade profile today. Please let me know if I've made an error.

Many moons ago, and on the older forum, there was an effort to make a comprehensive trade value guide, which was [borat]very nice[/borat]. I don't know if anyone has taken on that Herculean task here. Lol, read the first post, dummy.

Anyway, I have a few items that I want to ask about since I'm just getting started trading again:

Natural Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x41e52474
Item Level: 83
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+32 to Life

Edit: this is ~Vex, right?

Matriarchal Bow
Two Hand Damage: 20 - 47
Durability: 29 of 48
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 87
Required Dexterity: 187
Fingerprint: 0xdc3e78ef
Item Level: 85
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
4 Sockets (0 used)

Edit: this is ~Ist, right?

Harmony <-----probably trading for the base, not the runeword
Grand Matron Bow
TirIthSolKo
Two Hand Damage: 60 - 272
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 108
Required Dexterity: 152
Fingerprint: 0x3e3ba676
Item Level: 86
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
266% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Fire Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Lightning Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (70 Frames)
+6 to Valkyrie
+10 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 20%
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)

Edit: this is ~Ist, right?

I'm very confident that 99% of forumites wouldn't intentionally take advantage of me, but I like to know what I'm trading.

Last edited:
PC on what a ring/amulet with +9min, +12 max, and str or dex would go for?
Is that possible on an earlier patch? Because it looks like rings can only get up to +4 max damage according to the Arreat Summit.

PC on this nec diadem?

Attachments

• nec diadem.png
    nec diadem.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 24
I think we need to discuss a bit about the new D2R item Values.
I propose we open a topic in the general discussion to make sure everyone notices it and add their suggestions.
Things to be discussed in my opinion:

1. Now that Keys can be used they should obtain a value.
2. Torches and Anni
3. And will he The Stone of Stordan value change now due to anni?

I propose we open a topic in the general discussion to make sure everyone notices it and add their suggestions.

2. Torches and Anni
you mean these things works for single player?

:rolleyes:

2. Torches and Anni
Since no one has posted anything I'll try to make a list.
I am not the best one to do it so any suggestions and corrections are encouraged.

Keys
I farmed quite a lot for keys recently thus these suggestions depend on those farming hours.
Keys are not rare and can be obtained quite easily but sometimes it can be quite time consuming.

Countess who drops the Key of Terror is quite time consuming.
Not only you have to go through many levels which slow your teleport down but also she doesn't seem to drop the Key as often as the summoner.
It once took half an hour to find a single Key.

Summoner on the other hand, drops the
Key of Hate quite often. In SP the map is static therefore you know always where to find him.
Making 3-4 runs and you are very likely to get at least one Key.

Nihlathak is perhaps the most dangerous thus obtaining the Key of Destruction is perhaps the most challenging. Reaching him can be done quite quickly with the WP but dealing with him can sometimes go wrong with the Corpse Explosion and with the Poison Vipers. If you want to farm him at higher players settings for better efficiency, it may delay and trouble even a well equipped character.

Key of Terror - 3 Pgems
Key of Hate - 2 Pgems
Key of Destruction - 5 Pgems
That concludes to a set of Keys - 0,5 TV
Note! In order to open all the portals for the Pandemonium event you need 3 pieces of each key.
Thus, a complete set of keys would be 1,5 TV.

Torches
While a Torch is a powerful item and most likely better than any +1/45HP GC the process of obtaining it is not that difficult which make it accessible to nearly all the players. This has a heavy impact on the item's TV.
Some class Torches like Sorceress or Paladin could worth more than other classes.

Lowest/Bad Roll (10/10) - 1 TV
Average Roll (15/15) - 4 TV
Good Roll (18/18) - 7 TV
Perfect Roll (20/20) - 20+ TV

Anni & Stone of Jordan
Whether or not the price of Soj will change I don't know thus my suggestions will depend on Soj's current TV which is 7,5 TV.
Anni seems inferior to a Torch but harder to obtain due to the Soj requirement. Just like in Runewords unless you're trying to acquire a high roll, an anni value should be lower than a Soj since you can always try to sell one yourself instead.

Lowest/Bad Roll (10/10/5) - 2,5 TV
Average Roll (15/15/7) - 6 TV
Good Roll (18/18/9) - 9 TV
Perfect Roll (20/20/10) - 25+ TV

Reactions: D2DC
What has more resell value:

Isted Crystal sword or Phaseblade?

I already have one phaseblade, but i want to make 2 additional for the switch

Any opinions?
In terms of versatility, phaseblades benefit only on a Zerker/Conc Barbs' main weapon switch.

The Crystal Sword benefits more classes/builds.

Reactions: d2lover
Yeah I have now a Phaseblade and a Crystal Sword, using a Gull as the last

so make the last in PB or CS or even some exotic like military pick?

or waraxe, i think it has no dex req

2. Torches and Anni

I'll give it a try. I think your valuation of keys isn't right. I used my run speed and ATMA average key drops to compare it to 1.07 racking efforts. If we go by your number in 5h (the average time to get 1.07 rackable unique) you could get roughly 33 value or 1.5 Ber item. I don't think 1.07 rackables are that valuable these days but that's story for another time. On key hunting, 5h would net you 11 points or Sur. That shows me that both time is undervalued in key farming efforts and also degree of specialization required to take down Nihilatak. So I'd probably say key set is double the suggested value.

That also goes for Torches. Random torches will go for pgems when market is saturated. I think there are some Torches more useful than others – sorc ones are primary example. SPF meta is also a bit different than B.net with barbs being worthwile to optimize due to static pit maps and their potential as magic finders. So in terms of value I'd say sorc > paladin > barb > necro = amazon > assassin = druid. Probably. For higher end characters and optimizations, people are usually optimizing their MFers and lvl 99 candidates so my guess comes from that.

High end Torches (for me that means 20 stats and high resistances, for some might differ) for popular characters can probably go Ber+ in value, probably higher for sorc due to sheer popularity and less for not so desirable classes. Perfect ones are too hard to call, but even novelty characters like assassin or druid Torch can probably catch decent value, especially early in market.

Anni however is another beast entirely. I've been running 1.10a for beta BKWBs and have several LLD characters for which SoJ is best ring. I probably have more SoJs than majority of people here – 14 of them non classic ones and old value of 7.5 is laugable at best. Imo SoJ is at least double in value, and will probably continue to rise, assuming anyone wants to trade them at all. Now it's super expensive consumable and in gaming history items like those usually fetch extremely high prices.

Anni is still useful on every single character, and if you decide to make multiple of your characters have this charm, Anni market just won't get saturated. I know I'm usually trying to share as little items as possible between characters, usually just enigma, beta CtA and perhaps some specific item, but all of them have stuff like 1.07 Shako and their own charm set because I hate swaping them around. I will say that 10% experience gained Anni will have their own base value because it saves you some 30 - 40 hours on your way to 99 so that will also have to be considered. And if we talk abou perfect one which is 1:726 I think, it will never get sold for anything on SPF. It would probably be 400+ in value because it's useful on every single character in any situation and isn't limited by class, task or purpose.

TL;DR I think you either overvalue runes or undervalue those new trinkets.

As I said, I am not the best one to get those values but it's been quite some time since no one has ever bothered posting anything.
A few more experienced players could also review our current PCG but again I doubt anyone will bother.

My values for Torches were justified by the ease of getting them. After farming for several of them I agree that a perfect one or even one with high stats should go higher since it's still hard to get them. And the value for the Anni was based to the current SoJ value. Again, after some tries I can see how desirable a perfect one can be.

In my opinion someone needs to take charge of it, gather the opinion of some players, review the current PCG, post the final values, get the suggestions and feedback of the community and eventually update the PCG.

Yeah and my post was too mostly speculative theorycrafting. I've been away from trading scenee for quite a while. Still I know mostly how I'd value those things and how I'd go around it, but not sure that many players hold same ideals these days. Old values were terribly driven by SPF pvp which is dead at this point and some items are borderline worthless compared to back in the day (shadow skillers for example).

As for PCG itself... hoestly SPF changed so much that we're living in post trade period here. Trades are so rare that any sort of PCG is mostly not needed. As long as both parties are fine it should be fine. It's okay to have it as rough reference but exact values are kind impossible to get considering we have very little trading in the first place. I don't think we need to be too hung on exacts. Aproximations are okay I think.

Reactions: Excalibur
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High