OT: The Daily Thread

RL: Not much, really. I've had a toothache for the past few days. It's not bad but it's really annoying. And I don't feel like going to the dentist so I'm waiting for it to go away on its own.

D2: I try to do at least 30mins-1h a day of Trav runs for the RFL. Struggling to find motivation to finish it as it usually happens with me entering tourneys.

OVG: FIFA. Some career mode action. Also for some odd reason I'm playing Counter-Strike 1.6 again. Despite playing on WiFi (ms is not great) and on a potato of a laptop (barely 60fps) I'm still surprisingly decent at it.

RL: Bought a Barn we are converting to a home back in November. Everyday I'm not working I'm pretty much working there.

D2: Might start a tournament

OVG: Hearthstone for sure, MechwarriorOnline or Diablo1 maybe possible.

RL: nothing here.

D2: nope.

OVG: been having a good week in go: looking forward to the abra event and also already have a shiny illumise (no volbeat yet). Also wizards unite opened remote fortressing with everyone in the world, so been having fun with that too (needs spell energy)

RL: Wanted to buy the first fountain pen for my 8 yo daughter. Turns out the shops selling those only open from monday till friday due to Covid. Oh well, pencil writing again it is then! Building some Lego castles with my younger one, reading fantasy novels to the older one. Migrating forum posts.

The children miss their grandparents and vice versa - my dad is a high risk patient though. Will probably still drive there for a talk over the fence or so while keeping the distance.

D2: some more Ability Scroll Sept. Decoded to move the thread here - without Chaostar's consent so far unfortunately, because I haven't been able to reach him for weeks. Finished Act I NM with the Skellimancer. Was a breeze at p1. Looking forward to Vang's tournament proposal for a change though!

OVG: Magic the Gathering Arena still high on my list. Strangely, Ikoria isn't that much fun as Theros was - at least for me. The mutate ability is cool, but it is really hard to keep track of the creature's abilities... Cycling is of course top, but the deck doesn't come together that often, because there aren't enough payoffs IMO.

Was thinking about buying Trials of Mana, the remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 if anyone remembers? Has anyone tried it? I'm afraid I really don't have the time for it, though...

Was thinking about buying Trials of Mana, the remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 if anyone remembers? Has anyone tried it? I'm afraid I really don't have the time for it, though...
Ooh, I missed this. Never saw a SNES version anywhere around me growing up so I know very little about the game itself, though I did play through Secret of Mana a couple times. Compared to the SoM remake's rather faithful 2D "reskin" a while back, ToM's complete overhaul from 2D to 3D game play seems like a real departure from what that team was trying to do with this series update. Looks cool, though, except I'm broke af so it's not getting picked up by me any time soon. There's a long-time level-headed SoM speed runner called Yagamoth whom I like quite a bit -- looked up his twitch stream and, yup, he played it for a high number of hours yesterday. If you don't have time to play you might not have time to watch, but I'd recommend checking out his VOD if you want a good dude's outlook and opinion on the game. ...Probably faster to read a random review, but hey.

Ahem. So I'm at least somewhat on topic in an OT thread...

RL: Sleeping poorly. Not great in combination with a low-volume, boring work from home situation. Working today (Saturday) which is usually more boring and pointless than any given weekday, but thankfully a splinter team needed help with their work so it kept me busy for a couple hours... but now that their work's cleared, I'm back to sitting around and praying for something to show up in our queues so that I have a reason to keep my eyes open.

D2: Nothing much since the last report a couple days ago. Played for maybe half an hour total, picking up my first universally useful Mara's & Ravenfrost jewelry. Can't find the motivation to stick with it for long stretches when all I want to do is sleep, though I'd like to run into John Remedy and have a little sesh sometime this weekend. Hanging with him is always motivation enough even in my most sleepy moments.

OVG: Too tired. Clickpocalypse II is still installed on my phone and I'm checking into it when work's slow. Finished my first run through the game, started a second go with some newly unlocked character classes. Otherwise, nothing serious.

Ooh, I missed this. Never saw a SNES version anywhere around me growing up so I know very little about the game itself, though I did play through Secret of Mana a couple times. Compared to the SoM remake's rather faithful 2D "reskin" a while back, ToM's complete overhaul from 2D to 3D game play seems like a real departure from what that team was trying to do with this series update. Looks cool, though, except I'm broke af so it's not getting picked up by me any time soon. There's a long-time level-headed SoM speed runner called Yagamoth whom I like quite a bit -- looked up his twitch stream and, yup, he played it for a high number of hours yesterday. If you don't have time to play you might not have time to watch, but I'd recommend checking out his VOD if you want a good dude's outlook and opinion on the game. ...Probably faster to read a random review, but hey.

Ahem. So I'm at least somewhat on topic in an OT thread...

RL: Sleeping poorly. Not great in combination with a low-volume, boring work from home situation. Working today (Saturday) which is usually more boring and pointless than any given weekday, but thankfully a splinter team needed help with their work so it kept me busy for a couple hours... but now that their work's cleared, I'm back to sitting around and praying for something to show up in our queues so that I have a reason to keep my eyes open.

D2: Nothing much since the last report a couple days ago. Played for maybe half an hour total, picking up my first universally useful Mara's & Ravenfrost jewelry. Can't find the motivation to stick with it for long stretches when all I want to do is sleep, though I'd like to run into John Remedy and have a little sesh sometime this weekend. Hanging with him is always motivation enough even in my most sleepy moments.

OVG: Too tired. Clickpocalypse II is still installed on my phone and I'm checking into it when work's slow. Finished my first run through the game, started a second go with some newly unlocked character classes. Otherwise, nothing serious.
Hope your job gets more interesting soon! (or they stop monitoring you and you can play some D2 at work, but I guess that is wishful thinking...)

There are... Ahem... Rumors, about certain fan translations of emulated old SNES games which never appeared in English. There.. Ahem... Might be Seiken Densetsu 3 among them... Maybe... 😬

Thanks for the heads up on the stream! I'll definitely check it out!

Reactions: Luhkoh
RL: Got my Tractor stuck. Previous owner came over with his tractor and pulled me out. Then I hit a gas-line on the property with the mower. Wore a tank top and got burnt too add insult. (Guess I didn't die as there wasn't enough pressure in the pipes so maybe its a great day, :cautious:

D2: Fleshing out which tournament to roll.

OVG: To tired I think.

RL: Laziness at it's finest. Re-watching Top Gear... Again. The tooth is still niggling me :/

D2: Doing Trav runs while re-watching Top Gear

OVG: Not today.

RL: Made a cooked breakfast to fuel another session of Diablo. Mowed the lawn and a couple of other chores to ease the guilt of another session of Diablo.

D2: More Pit runs with the Druid. I respecced him and re-equipped him for 99FCR/99FHR and switched to p7. Hoping to make progress towards L93. Already found a couple of grailers - but that's not saying much. Hoping to run into SPF'er Trim later for some MP WSK/Baal, if the stars align.

OVG: Jumped on Rocket League and was instantly reminded why I switched to D2. I reinstalled Time Clickers because I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

RL: hot the last two days. Cooler today.

D2: starting to think again.

OVG: PoGo community event was excellent. two perfects and a horde of shinies. Looking forward to remote raiding.

RL: usual working day, morning team. This afternoon I'm with the kids, probably some time outdoor in our private garden - it's invaluable nowadays.

D2: Planning to complete Guardian journey of AlreadyDead tonight or tomorrow morning. I also have to finalize stuff for Travincal RFL round results disclosure, I got more or less the vid scenario, not sure I can make it properly on PC with basic Windows stuff tho.

OVG: still burning candles in hope for D4 to be a good Diablo. Yep. Well well...who knows!

RL: so ups and downs. I am slowly getting into the new house, picked wallpaper etc. Garden is going to be really great. Also watched The Crown! Loved it. Got laid off from work last week. My last working day will be tomorrow Wednesday, but have received a fair deal so I will get by before I find a new job. Real shame, I loved the work, loved my colleagues and tasks. Feel tired and sad. A bit angry and disappointed also but that is not as bad as I thought.

D2: thought of joingin the random tournament but I am not really focused enough to do it. Couldn't read through the instructions... :) when I have settled into this new life I will look at it again. Until then I have started a HC untwinked paladin, his name is JackTwo (yes, JackOne died really quick...)

D2: thought of joingin the random tournament but I am not really focused enough to do it. Couldn't read through the instructions... :) when I have settled into this new life I will look at it again.
You know, you really don't have to read all the rules. Just say "someone please roll me a random character" and then you'll know almost everything you need to know and what you are allowed to use. :) I recommend not dying though ;-)

D2: Kind of Illegally visited the grandparents with the girls - we kept our distance, but because my dad's life span is very limited he wants to at least see the girls from time to time (they have a big garden with a small playground). It really is weighing risks vs benefits and I don't want to overrule my parents wishes, but it is tough to do "the right thing" in this case.

D2: will continue with my Random Amazon. Probably only till Outer Cloister WP - Too tired to play much more.

OVG: Tried the Trials of Mana Demo yesterday. I am not sure yet. Or is not playable with my SNES retro game pad (you can't move the camera with it and there is no option for automated camera rotation) and I have to play it with mouse and keyboard, which is really a different experience from the SNES game. So not sure if I should buy it. Will probably play the demo some more. I am in no rush to buy the game though, so maybe I will wait for a sale :D

RL: Tired. Yesterday I was up at 6am to get my new truck into the shop to repair an electronic issue, at home for an office virtual meeting until 11, off to my barn to meet a contractor until 12, virtual appoint at 12 to 1. Drive to pick up kids and mother-in-law to rush back to the office by 2 to finish out the day at 630. Then back to the barn to work on radiant heating until 1am, up at 6 to pickup truck then off to the barn to finish the radiant heating and schedule the inspection (Friday, crosses fingers) to finally get a slab of concrete in this building that should have been placed 1-2 months ago. (Oh I work from 12-7 today too...)

D2: Maybe a bit later.

OVG: A game or two is all I'll muster in Hearthstone or MTGA. Thinking about picking up Remnant from the Ashes though.

RL: Picked up some medicine for my mum, with a quick trip to the village shop for food. I tried to watch some wrestling but it's just not holding my attention recently. Got a cool art book I backed on Kickstarter through the post today, which lifted the spirits.

D2: Played some MP with Pijus. It was great to hang out with him again. Afterward, I continued to run Hell Cows with the LF-Zon. I think I told two friends on EffBook how sick I was of running Cows, and then after a dinner break, they (the Cows, not my friends) dropped me a Sur. I can cube to a Ber if I wish.

OVG: I watched a few Diablo IV videos, but as above, nothing outside of D2 has been holding my attention.

RL: Mechanical HVAC inspection to finally get my slab laid happened and passed today. This day was 2 months behind IMO. The good news is if I can get concrete in the barn the next week it looks like we will be moving in shortly after as we complete the home. Our realtor is meeting us tonight or tomorrow to get ready to list our current home.

D2: Smashing through the Random tournament like a champ!

OVG: Hearthstone to get my rank back close to silver tonight.

RL: Been shorthanded at the warehouse, and volume is increasing, leading to more overtime. We have new prospects going through the new hire process, which is stupid long (sometimes up to two weeks+ for background check) and some temp order pickers just got through training, so things are looking a bit better.

D2: Currently doing some drinking and HC Random fun! I do need to pick up my UT 99er zon at some point for some LK runs, not to mention continue with my Random amazon as well as my planned sept of regular untwinked HC characters. D2 time may be even more limited coming soon, due to...

OVG: Purchased a physical copy of FF7 remake. I did not preorder, and hadn't been keeping up with the release date, but thankfully youtube video suggestions let me know the release had happened. Caught a couple hours' worth of some playthrough videos just to see whether I wanted to purchase or not, and it looks *really* nice. I don't care how long it takes for further sections of this remake to be released if the amount of care shown in the current release continues. I also ordered FF9, one of the few final fantasy titles I do not own and have not played. Which reminds me that due to my PC restart I need to reinstall my PSX, PS2, and PSP emulators.

OVG: Purchased a physical copy of FF7 remake ... I also ordered FF9, one of the few final fantasy titles I do not own and have not played.

I'm one of those weirdos who really enjoyed FFXV despite how the story was so disjointed and poorly presented to players. To see some of the same mechanics brought over to FF7R, I've been dying to get my hands on a copy. Sadly, I'm a strict PC gamer these days so it's not yet in the cards. I like FFIX pretty well and put it in my personal top 5 FF games, so I hope you enjoy it. ...When you find the time to get around to it after FF7R. I'm jelly!

RL: Texas is starting to reopen in some ways tomorrow despite how foolish it is, but my company's plan is to keep up WFH until the end of May so I'm still stuck at home for a while. Have to remind myself that it could be worse. Hard to complain about how I get to roll out of bed five minutes before my shift starts. Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule has been difficult, though, and it's had a very poor effect on my energy levels.

D2: Just MP with John Remedy when my tired brain and body are up for it. He's gifted me nearly every Tal Rasha piece so my MF & safety are approaching through the roof levels. Also, we found a Jah in WSK last night! I really don't know what to do with it. I've got it on offer to JR if he comes up with something special to do with it. The safe all-rounder play for most characters is to roll up an Enigma, but I've played this game so long without one I'm totally fine without it and can't really see much explicit use for one other than to gear up a Trav whirler. Still way too many missing pieces to make that work, though, and the Durance stairs are right there for repositioning, so I'm not feeling it. Part of me is considering going for a Faith bow since some of my most beloved times playing D2 was with a Pit running Bowazon, but it seems silly to "waste" a Jah on a specific build (and I don't have a good base for it anyway). I have a feeling this might sit in a stash for a while as I suffer the "too cool to use" trope.

OVG: Only Clickpocalypse II on my phone while I'm working. About to finish my third run and open up a fifth character slot for all subsequent play. Finally going to unlock some of the best summoner classes for tanking and damage, so the next runs will go much faster. Good little game.

Reactions: Vildecor
RL: I had a few days off. And am back with my parents for a week or three until our new home is ready to move in. Fun times.

D2: None. :oops: Sorry for not posting my round 2 results stuff. I'll get around to it I promise!

OVG: I played a bit of Warcraft 3 which in turns made me remember WoW which is never a good thing haha. I decided against re-paying my Classic subscription and am playing a bit of WotLK on a private server.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High