One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finds from Week 3 of my would-be-UT99er:

As planned, I departed the Pit upon reaching clvl 88. I'd been hoping (but not expecting) to find a four socket eth elite polearm ... no luck! But I did find:

036.png

Zakarum Shield
Defense: 175
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 61 of 65
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 142
Fingerprint: 0x934f78a7
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
All Resistances +45

Obviously not useful for this character, but 45 resistance elite Paladin shields always get my attention :cool: .

Anyhow, without a base for a future Infinity, I departed the Pit and quested to and through Hell Act III before doubling back for some LK. Actually, a lot of LK. I had three days off from work this week, and having celebrated Christmas in November, had them wide open for D2 :p . First, I needed to find a nice map ... and did on the very first try (see below). Just about perfect! There's one extraneous building between the two sets of huts ... and the weapon racks won't drop Threshers no matter what I do ... but otherwise, what a great map to get on the first reroll! I was expecting to spend about an hour looking for something like that. Second, I needed to get load times under control. I purchased a new computer monitor earlier in the month and that had caused some changes to my load times and GPU operating temperature. I started at an average load time of 5.646 seconds (approximately), and eventually got it down to 4.073 seconds (you know, approximately). Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but 5.646 seconds seemed like an eternity ... and for whatever reason, 4.073 seconds seems pretty managable (maybe it's just knowing that I did everything that I could think of to do). Anyhow, then I got running:

On my second day off (the first day off went to the Pits, questing, and technical tinkering):

037.png

and an hour and a half later ...

038.png

Funny story on the Sur Rune: I was watching (er, mostly listening) to Camelot ... you know the musical with Richard Harris ... on VHS ... because ... um, it still runs fine I guess ... anyhow, I reached the end of the first VHS tape and got up to rewind it and put in the second. The game was paused with my Sorceress on the LK wp. While I was up and changing VHS tapes I decided it would be a good time for a break from D2. I was going to save and exit the game but then thought ... well, I'm already to the wp ... I might as well just go ahead and do this last run. So I sat back down and that's what I got!

My next successes came on Christmas Eve/Christmas 🎄 (my third day off):

039.png

Hmm, two Ohm Runes? I guess I can take a couple shots at rolling a nice CTA!

040.png

Wow! Thanks RNG Santa. That's exactly what I wanted for Christmas!

041.png

Ooh, and HoTO too! What a great day of LK! Thanks again RNG Santa 🎄 !

Aside from high runes, my most interesting finds so far have been:

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x309f9929
Item Level: 80
All Resistances +5

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x33472db0
+19 to Life
+13 to Mana

Yep, those sorts of charms are always appreciated!

So, I've got the runes and bases for a HoTO and two CTAs. And, I've got Ber and Sur, towards an Infinity.

Up next: Well, I've got to get that other Sur Rune of course! ... and also a four socket eth elite polearm ... I wonder which one will be harder ... my guess would be the polearm ... we shall see ...

I started LK with Fiona, my untwinked Amazon. The map is not that great, but has two close campfires and a solid Thresher rack.

110 runs in I can't complain. :)

Screenshot070.png

Screenshot071.png

Screenshot072.png

+ 1 Gul, where I did not take a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot069.png
    Screenshot069.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Well guess I'll get in on this, been running LK hoping to make a few things, got bored after two days and only a Sur + Vex and a few Ist. Went to run pits to find a socketable along with about 450 MF and this dropped on my ~10th or so run (5th of this map after I finally found a decent map on the 5 or 6th try)

Screenshot099.png

Drops from LK
Screenshot098.png

Screenshot096.png
Screenshot091.png

Screenshot093.png

Attachments

• Screenshot097.png
    Screenshot097.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Found an ethereal hone sundan, used some jewels, now my new necro's merc is happy :)

Hone Sundan
Ghost Spear
Two Hand Damage: 115 - 954
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 112
Required Dexterity: 153
Fingerprint: 0xdf06f4c4
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
294% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
+13 to Strength
Repairs 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
Required Level +7
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Virility
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Bliss
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Virility
Ruby Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xf7be83c3
34% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Strength

Ruby Jewel of Bliss
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xbd79c48e
34% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage

Ruby Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa6156734
32% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Strength

After learning fairly recently (thanks @ipsilantee ) that you could fight Diablo clone and the ubers offline (despite other articles I'd read), I got an extreme itch to take on Diablo clone eventually.

I'd started a zealot paladin earlier for Trav farming but had left him in dry dock for a while doing other things. Then Meph dropped 2 SoJs, and I took it as a sign that I should try for my first Anni, though I didn't have much confidence.

So begins the story of a promising young paladin...

Sir Henry the paladin took up the sword once again and continued his journey through normal, nightmare, and hell until he became dubbed a patriarch. He was fierce, and could handle most anything quickly, and could take on foes that would normally require 8 men or women. But his celebration was shirt lived and he soon received orders that he was to go on an extremely perilous quest, and must completely retrain to take on this deadly challenge. He was now a Smiter, though a Smiter without a decent shield.

Though his superiors looked at other "pagan" magic users with disdain, a blizzard sorceress was commissioned to find a suitable shield for Sir Henry to begin his most challenging quest. She worked long and hard by slaying the foul Mephisto over and over again for two days. Finally on Christmas eve, her duty was fulfilled when she brought a shiny HoZ back to Sir Henry. No, it wasn't a fabled eth Exile vortex shield, but Sir Henry would have to make do. But not until Christmas had passed.

In the wee hours after Christmas, after everyone else had been long asleep, Sir Henry reluctantly began preparing to meet the demon worse than Diablo himself. He hated the sacrifice required to begin his quest: the selling of a rare and priceless relic.

The relic had barely left his hand when the ground quaked and a messenger relayed that the more evil and deadly kin of Diablo walked the earth, not far outside the gates of the Rogue encampment.

Sir Henry knelt and breathed a long prayer to his deity -- so long that those in the camp began to wonder if he was ever going to take action.

But take action he did. He and his faithful companion traveled to the Stony Field, whereupon he viewed the hulking, demonic goliath that was Diablo clone. Sir Henry and his companion methodically cleared all the minor enemies in a circumference around the monstrosity, and then humbly met him at the stone pillars, drawing him out lest he die and drop his spoils on the portal to Tristram.

Diablo underestimated Sir Henry, thinking he was merely another mortal to be squashed under his clawed foot. He was shocked when the paladin approached, and he felt his massive health dwindling at a rapid pace. He barely could mount a retaliatory attack before his life left him, and he collapsed to the earth in a massive pile, leaving Sir Henry mostly unscathed, though his companion was lost.

Resized_5e3846a8-668b-4347-abce-abc6217388e3.jpeg
Resized_0f001729-6e6d-4cd7-831c-d346baf946f0(1).jpeg

Sir Henry was not a prideful man. He knew that three more arch enemies awaited, though he had not originally planned to take them on until much later and with more preparation. But encouraged by his recent victory, he concluded he should end the reign of the uber kin of Diablo that had taken up residence in Tristram: Uber Mephisto, Baal, and Diablo.

It was now very late, but Sir Henry vowed an oath to continue until his task was complete. He set about gathering 9 keys that would be needed to make his way to the evil triad. The 9 keys opened portals in Harrogath to lesser, but challenging opponents who must be defeated before facing the uber triad: Lilith, Izual, and Duriel. Izual and Duriel proved no match for Sir Henry. Lilith's minions, however, proved deadly to Sir Henry's companion, being able to strike brutally from a distance. But Sir Henry prevailed without succumbing to his injuries thanks to gloves which were also provided by the commissioned blizzard sorceress who had brought him his shield.

After his victory over the 3 lesser evils, Sir Henry returned to Harrogath and restored his companion's health, and prepared to take on his final adversaries. He knelt again, and uttered a louder prayer to his deity, knowing that this would be an ultimate test of both his faith and prowess.

Using the components collected from the lesser enemies he'd just beaten, Sir Henry opened a portal to Tristram. After stepping through, he circled the entire town, not knowing where his archenemies might be. He at first thought he was the victim of a ruse since the town appeared empty. But suddenly he heard a rushing noise rapidly approaching. It was Mephisto, the deadliest of the three. Sir Henry had no time for fear or calculation, and he acted quickly, repeatedly bashing his enemy quickly and without hesitation. Arcing bolts of electricity threatened to end him, but the paladin's gloves kept him alive and allowed for Mephisto to be defeated without being defeated himself.

The companion had unfortunately perished at some point during the battle, but there was no time to contemplate this as Diablo and Baal exploded onto the battlefield with their minions. The paladin engaged immediately and struck blow upon blow, eventually whittling his enemies' health to nothing.

Though many minions yet remained, Sir Henry knew his ultimate task was accomplished, and he quickly gathered his spoils and returned to Harrogath. His battle was over for now, but he would need his strength for many more that would follow.

Resized_c8c3afa9-d0a8-4337-99ba-40791aecbe8c.jpeg

Resized_b4b12deb-0584-4b34-9f94-9f5cdd286166.jpeg

So I found this in July right before I went on hiatus and never posted it. This was on my hardcore sorc who has like 150+ items left on grailing and has just done like 1200 AT runs total. Crazy stuff.
woPupHJ.jpg

done actively looking for an eth merc weapon base; spent several days this week at pretty low MF doing a lot of cows, and (failing) racking LK. first, found a superior CV, which I just have as a spare since I wasn't in the rush to larzuk. Found another CV that rolled 4... several thresher drops failed rolls. my main and only hardcore character is at 91, so it doesn't really matter since my merc can use a CV anyways, so unless something pops up going to go with that

Right now I'm waiting on runes to make CTA before I commit to some serious simultaneous upgrades. I'm short a Sur to be able to make inifinity, COH, and HOTO. Maybe I'll think on it and waiting for that is not necessary, or there are other suggestions

While I was base hunting some drops along the way:

Screenshot006.png
Screenshot007.png

3 sorc, 19 lightning
Screenshot008.png

Best HR monster drop I've had, never had above ist back in the day:

Screenshot010.png
From a loose rock
Screenshot011.png

sc
Screenshot012.png

got a backup now
Screenshot013.png

Screenshot014.png

2nd 30 to complete the pair
Screenshot015.png

Screenshot016.png

🍻

I gave in and started a 2nd char. An untwinked trap/kick assassin. My first decent find is nothing special, but finding it early while doing normal Eldritch runs is a great feeling. What a great game where you can be happy about such finds. :)

Screenshot073.png

Happy new year everyone!

Was working on 1k NM Andy runs and managed to hit a SOJ on run 296. Going to switch to hell now that i have a Anni, its a terrible roll but still happy as i never did the Diablo clone before.

Will likely try again at some point down the line for a better roll. Sorry about the music in the first clip, tired of hearing the teleport sound, lol. Next goal is a tals ammy and i still need the IK gauntlets which i realized after the fact cant drop from NM Andy, did get the Slayer Gaurd though, so almost able to start a WW barb. Also found a 30% Nagelring. Runs were done on P7. Switching to P3 hell for the other 700 runs.

Fight was easier than i expected, little clunky as i forgot to buy pots and i fumbled getting the PMH on him but he went down pretty fast on my Blizz Sorc.

Code:
Annihilus
Small Charm
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0xd3848d2c
Item Level: 99
+1 to All Skills
All Stats +10
All Resistances +11
+5% to Experience Gained

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x2be17ccf
Item Level: 49
+67 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Last edited:
Wow, that is a terrible Anni... but it beats the absolute snot outta the one I've never gotten ;)

D2R won't run on my current box, so... it'll probably be awhile yet...

Edit: Was crafting some shields for a tournament character I'm working on, and rolled one that got 4 great low rlvl affixes, so that the rlvl is only 30!

Could make a good LLD30 shield, what do you guys think?
craftedLLDshield.jpg

WoRG

Last edited:
its a terrible roll
Almost El Mortal compatible..! Good luck on the next one, it shouldn't be bad at all if you average yourself.

Well if it's still poor...Thanks for averaging the community :p #YourAnnisOfValorWillBeRemembered

Reactions: corale and Dudzy
Was working on 1k NM Andy runs and managed to hit a SOJ on run 296.
Glad to hear! That means I am only 22 runs away from my SoJ! 😅

On Topic - my assortment of +3 skill tree circlets from my Random Tournament Necromancer (Circlets, Coronets and Tiaras are the only headgear allowed for him and his merc, so I gamble those a lot):
Code:
     Volcanic Coronet of Ages
Coronet
     Defense: 39
     Durability: 21 of 30
     Required Level: 45
     Fingerprint: 0xc3f456a6
     Item Level: 54
Indestructible
     +3 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only) 

Volcanic Coronet
Coronet
     Defense: 39
     Durability: 30 of 30
     Fingerprint: 0xfacad2e3
     Item Level: 81
+3 to Fire Skills      (Sorceress Only) 

Venomous Coronet
Coronet
     Defense: 36
     Fingerprint: 0x48909231
     Item Level: 84
+3 to Poison and Bone      Skills (Necromancer Only) 

Powered Coronet
Coronet
     Defense: 32
     Fingerprint: 0x1425a52a
     Item Level: 75
+3 to Lightning Skills      (Sorceress Only) 

Kenshi's Circlet
Circlet
     Defense: 29
     Durability: 23 of 35
     Fingerprint: 0xf6438787
     Item Level: 82
+3 to Martial Art Skills      (Assassin Only) 

Keeper's Coronet of Thorns
Coronet
     Defense: 37
     Fingerprint: 0x949552bd
     Item Level: 79
+3 to Summoning Skills      (Druid Only)
     Attacker Takes Damage of 1 

Glacial Coronet
Coronet
     Defense: 36
     Fingerprint: 0x58fbf293
     Item Level: 57
+3 to Cold Skills      (Sorceress Only) 

Cunning Tiara of Atlas
Tiara
     Defense: 44
     Durability: 25 of 25
     Required Level: 63
     Fingerprint: 0xc30f7da4
+3 to Trap Skills      (Assassin Only)
     +26 to Strength 

Athletic Tiara of the      Elephant
Tiara
     Defense: 42
     Durability: 25 of 25
     Required Level: 52
     Fingerprint: 0xd0acb804
     Item Level: 78
+3 to Passive and Magic      Skills (Amazon Only)
     +37 to Life (Based on Character Level)
     +18 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

And 2 of my first 6 crafted caster amulets for my UT99er Blizzard sorceress:
Code:
     Rune Eye
Amulet
     Required Level: 89
     Fingerprint: 0x19cf1e63
     Item Level: 91
+2 to Sorceress Skill      Levels
     +9% Faster Cast Rate
     +13 to Energy
     +11 to Mana
     Regenerate Mana 10%
     Fire Resist +5%
     21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Dread Wing
Amulet
     Required Level: 89
     Fingerprint: 0xb004847
     Item Level: 91
+2 to Sorceress Skill      Levels
     +9% Faster Cast Rate
     +18 to Dexterity
     +11 to Mana
     Regenerate Mana 5%
     All Resistances +11
     Poison Resist +37%

Annihilus
Small Charm
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0xd3848d2c
Item Level: 99
+1 to All Skills
All Stats +10
All Resistances +11
+5% to Experience Gained
Oh man... It's a pity to get such an awful roll.
I got a 10/10/5% anni and out of rage I left it on the ground. (it was from a 1.00 soj)

Screenshot002.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High