Narcos Mafia Game Thread (season 1)

Police came in to headquarters this morning to find the corpse of a badly beaten and shot Caluin Graye lying on the stairs in front of the building. The distortion and obvious fracturing of his limbs indicated that his body had also been thrown from the roof of the 30-story headquarters building. A message of blood had been carved into his chest.

Hay que exterminar a los ratones.

@Caluin Graye has revealed to be Carlos Enrique Lehder Rivas, a Colombian-German drug smuggler, playboy and high-ranking officer in the Medellín Cartel. CG was the informant within the narcos faction!

Last edited:
[highlight]News report:[/highlight]
El Tiempo Medellín is reporting this morning that there has been a second raid on the residence of Leopold Stotch, and this time she was taken into custody! She is facing a lengthy prison sentence and possible extradition to the United States. Asked for comment, Silver Shroud simply stated:
Nadie puede esconder de la justicia.

@Leopold Stotch is revealed to be Jorge Luis Ochoa Vasquez, one of the original founders of the Medellín Cartel.

[highlight]News report:[/highlight]
El Tiempo Medellín also claim that there was an attempted bombing last night! However, CNP had apparently received a tip, warning them of the danger. A large explosive was found in the trunk of Mr_Thingyman's vehicle. The bomb squad was sent in and they were able to defuse the device. Fingerprint analysis of the materials has identified Zemaj as the bomb maker!

Last edited:
I think identities are no longer secret at this point, and actions almost certainly won't be discussed, so not sure what's to be gained by putting it off.

Certainly let everyone else chime in, though.

To clarify that last post: day should be shortened, but not immediately ended, so everyone has a chance to see the new deadline, and be around for it.

I am fairly positive its MrThingyman, and have been for some time, but was unsure how to convey that subtly. His lack of posting was extremely out of line from his other game with us, and while it's a completely different meta, I'm just going with what I know... Likewise TheSilverShrouds play this game has been consistent with how he typically acts as VT, which, as I understand mechanics, is essentially what regular team members equate to. The kicker is that if Police teams mechanics work anything like Narcos, then the person actually performing the action is reported in mod posts, while captains remain anonymous.

That said, I do not believe Thingy should be targeted... depending on how mechanics are resolved, killing SS first would prevent his nk on you, and we would be left with just Thingy tomorrow = we win... or stalemate it, if he nk's me.

But, tbh, I'm not sure if my nk functions correctly at all, as my investigations were all faulty... in that case, it's already a win for Police team

So there it is, how I see it in short... let's wrap this giant mess of WIFOM and be done. It has been immensely enjoyable, but frustration levels are quite high.

I am running off my phone. So, no lengthy backstory today. :p

Last night police raided Zarniwoop's compound. A battle ensued. After everyone had run out of bullets, only 2 men were left standing:
Silver Shroud
Zemaj

They took stock of the carnage around them. So many dead, including:
Zarniwoop - Pablo Escobar
Mr_Thingyman - Javier Pena

The game ends in a tie. BOTH captains were killed!
After seeing so many of their friends die in this tidal wave of violence, Silver and Zemaj declared a truce. They actually became good friends, and eventually opened a boutique flower shop together where they worked until they became senile old men..

I claim a moral victory because we targeted thingy correctly the previous night.

Why did it fail?

NK actions while there was still an informant in your faction would always fail.

A big piece of the puzzle that was never revealed, is that each team had a second in command. These players got the results of all actions on their team.

Essentially, captain had all the power, but second in command got all the info. They were also bulletproof to prevent NK, and godfathers. Both #2's got investigated as "not police", "not narcos". And then, they were both assassinated: Drixx and Prestige.

I dont think the setup was overly complex. But, since it was new to everybody, most posts were just fluff, or "I dont know what to say"..

I wish I had tried just a basic game first, with almost no night abilities. That way people would have a better idea how to play in this format.

That being said, you guys are some smart fellas. I was a bit surprised people didnt get more creative with their communication..

I imagine the best way to prevent the opposing faction from benefitting from your post is a bunch of mis-information. If I get an order from Escobar (or even if I didnt), I could just post a whole bunch of false claims:
I tracked SS, he didnt visit anybody.
I watched Mr Thingy, nobody visited him.
I investigated Prestige, he is not police.
I investigated Noodele, he is police.

Really, only Escobar is going to know which mission you actually did..

There were also 2 things that kinda threw each team off track:
  1. Thingy caught CG using the term CAPTAIN on D1. Then, SS confirmed that it was suspicious (even though the term captain was in every single PM). Police team got hung up on this for a while.
  2. CG disobeyed an order on N2, but this did not get mentioned/questioned at all. Narcos could have possibly caught informant very early.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High