Narcos Mafia Game Thread (season 1)

Sep 12, 2013
Narcos_season_1.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcos

This is not a conventional Mafia setup. The game is based on the Assassin in the Castle (War in the Castle) format. But, it has been modified to fit the theme. Gameplay will not include lynching (see below).

Day/Night phases should be set to US-EST, with D1 ending Tuesday, April 23 at 23:59. <countdown>

Arrangement is 10 players in 2 teams. It will operate like 2 concurrent AitC games with 5 players each. Each team is trying to eliminate the "informant" player within their faction, as well as targeting the opposing "kingpin". Game will end when 1 of the faction leaders has been eliminated. Role PMs will be coming out shortly.
1. Each faction will have an unknown informant player, attempting to relay information to the opposing faction.
2. Each faction will have a kingpin player that has unlimited assassin ability over his own faction. (to kill any suspected informant). However, fewer players remaining in your faction makes it easier for opposition to identify you as kingpin.
3. Each kingpin can send a member of their faction on night missions. (to investigate other players, or attempt to NK opposing kingpin). These missions will succeed/fail based on a variety of conditions.
4. Each kingpin will also have a Mason ability to pass PM messages back and forth between his own faction.

** Alignment (not roles) will be known to members of the same faction. Communication will all be done in the Forums. There will be no QT groups. Kingpin actions/PMs will go through the Mod, to keep kingpin identity secret.

Since we weren't able to get 11 players, there will be NO NEUTRAL faction. Here are the teams.
[HIGHLIGHT]Narcos:[/HIGHLIGHT]
1. @Drixx
2. @zemaj
3. @Leopold Stotch
4. @Caluin Graye
5. @Zarniwoop

[HIGHLIGHT]Police:[/HIGHLIGHT]
1. @kestegs
2. @Prestige7
3. @The Silver Shroud
4. @Noodle
5. @Mr_Thingyman

Last edited:
I'm fairly confident that we are in Day One, so it is safe to post.

Has anyone played in an Assassin In the Castle game before? I ran one on this site a while back, but of our group it looks like only kestegs played in that one. I'm curious as to what kind of experience everyone has with this format.

First time for me. Obviously down with team 2, amirite?

No experience with this format at all... in fact, been reading a few old games at MS ti get an idea what the deal is...

I may be off on this, but with no lynch, and no daily post requirement, why is there even a thread? This could be done entirely by PM. Speaking of which, I am assuming there is no night chat, for either faction?

Has anyone played in an Assassin In the Castle game before? I ran one on this site a while back, but of our group it looks like only kestegs played in that one. I'm curious as to what kind of experience everyone has with this format.

I've played it a couple of times via webcam (we used the Zoom client). So we were a bunch of people gathered in a webcam chat.

It's a fun game, but quite different from normal mafia.

I can't really recall too much how the gameplay went like in these games though, and I didn't play it like it was played here with two opposing teams.

But let's break it down. On our team there's an informant. So essentially there is a "mafia" amongst us.

And then the other team has a Kingpin, and that is who we want to eliminate, as per "Game will end when 1 of the faction leaders has been eliminated". So in that way, there is also a "mafia" in the other group.

I can't really recall too much how the gameplay went like in these games though, and I didn't play it like it was played here with two opposing teams.

But let's break it down. On our team there's an informant. So essentially there is a "mafia" amongst us.

And then the other team has a Kingpin, and that is who we want to eliminate, as per "Game will end when 1 of the faction leaders has been eliminated". So in that way, there is also a "mafia" in the other group.

But since neither 'mafia' member knows who the other person is, standard scum hunting rules do not apply.

There is also no lynching involved, so the non-kingpin members talk about... what? Our guesses at who the other team's captain is, as well as ferreting out the informant. That's sort of obvious, sure, but how do we approach that conversation?

Oh, I guess I played in one of these then! No memory of it though, at least without a reference!

First time for me. Obviously down with team 2, amirite?
Right, obviously :rolleyes:

Does the informant win with the opposite team they're on then? Like if Noodle was the informant will he win with the Narcos?

My apologies. I've been saying Wednesday on here and in PMs. But, I believe D1 will end Tuesday at midnight (East Coast).
Day/Night phases should be set to US-EST, with D1 ending Wednesday, April 24 at 23:59.
There is a countdown timer on OP in case of any confusion.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High