Monopoly Forum Game #1 - Game Over - D2DC wins.

Take the middle ones, @Leopold Stotch ! Give up the big blues. Those are a pipe dream that no one lands on!
They have already been landed on twice! We needed to make a deal right at the beginning!

I'll take the Blue + Brown if you want the Orange Leo. Because, at some point our partnership will have to dissolve (hopefully after we've destroyed everyone else..). Then, one of us will have two monopolies to the other player's one.

There aren't any "relationships" in Out for Blood. No agreeing to not to charge each other rent.

The only agreement there is between any player is to be the last one standing and see the others corpses at your feet.

But it's a no for in game right now, yeah? XD

Hmmm....... So trade or not trade? What do I get if I trade with you? I'm pretty cozy here at St. James.
Yea, I don't think Gorny is gonna allow the "joint ownership". However, if you want to trade monopolies I suggest one of us gets orange and the other person gets blue + brown. Honestly, I am fine with whichever way you decide.

Beyond that, Gorny will certainly charge the rent any time one of us lands on the others property. But, we could agree to an "honor system" of refunding the rents collected on these monopolies to the other player. Basically, we would "trade" back any rent we had collected from the other when it gets around to our turn.

I would commit to this rent forgiveness until a pre-agreed upon time. Obviously, if it gets down to just us two players remaining, we part ways. However, if you want to call it off once there are 3, 4 or whatever players remaining, I am fine with that as well.

Yea, I don't think Gorny is gonna allow the "joint ownership". However, if you want to trade monopolies I suggest one of us gets orange and the other person gets blue + brown. Honestly, I am fine with whichever way you decide.

Beyond that, Gorny will certainly charge the rent any time one of us lands on the others property. But, we could agree to an "honor system" of refunding the rents collected on these monopolies to the other player. Basically, we would "trade" back any rent we had collected from the other when it gets around to our turn.

I would commit to this rent forgiveness until a pre-agreed upon time. Obviously, if it gets down to just us two players remaining, we part ways. However, if you want to call it off once there are 3, 4 or whatever players remaining, I am fine with that as well.
:unsure:

So, my specific offer is the "watered down" version in post #60. We each get our own monopoly(s), build them independently, but have an agreement to refund rents to the other until a specific point in the game.

You can choose whatever side of the trade you prefer:
  • Mediterranean Avenue 1 – Leopold Stotch
  • Baltic Avenue 2 – D2DC
  • St. James Place 12 – Leopold Stotch
  • Tennessee Avenue 13 -D2DC
  • New York Avenue 14 – Leopold Stotch
  • Park Place 27 – D2DC
  • Boardwalk 28 – Leopold Stotch
1. Baltic + Park Place to you, vs St. James + NY Ave to me

Or

2. Mediterranean + Boardwalk to me, vs Tennessee to you

I already have a backup plan should Gorny disallow "trading"/returning rent, which would be basically amount to gifting the other player money.

Gorny could declare that a trade must have an "exchange" between two players, i.e. that something go both ways. We could just repeatedly use something insignificant, a relatively invaluable property (like Electric Co.), or even a "Get out of Hell free" card, and keep "trading" that same item back and forth in exchange for the rent money being returned. That way, it is technically an exchange and not a gift. ;)

I already have a backup plan should Gorny disallow "trading"/returning rent, which would be basically amount to gifting the other player money.

Gorny could declare that a trade must have an "exchange" between two players, i.e. that something go both ways. We could just repeatedly use something insignificant, a relatively invaluable property (like Electric Co.), or even a "Get out of Hell free" card, and keep "trading" that same item back and forth in exchange for the rent money being returned. That way, it is technically an exchange and not a gift. ;)
Clarification and a change to the rules:

On checking the monopoly Wiki specific to trades, the following are allowed to be exchanged in trade between players:

1. Properties (both mortgaged and unmortgaged)
2. Cash.
3. Get out of Jail Free Cards

Not tradeable:

Houses and hotels.

Also properties that are in any stage of development/fully develpoed may not be traded, however complete color sets of properties may be traded with all improvements intact.

So the rules are amended as follows:

Trades may be initiated by any player at any time (You still have to either post and @Gorny so that I will see it, or PM me and let me know. It no longer needs to be your turn as I stated earlier. You may trade properties, Get out of Hell Cards, Cash, fully developed properties of the same color set and railroads.

I will not interfere in what is traded for what.

What will apply is order of players wanting to trade.

In the original rule set I said trades on your turn. Coju notified me over night that he wanted to trade on his turn. Later, D2DC posted he wanted to trade with Leo. I went with D2DC's trade first because it was his turn. As his trade is currently in progress as the rules are being changed, I will not interfere. Once D2DC's trade completes, we will go to Coju. After Coju's trade, the game will resume unless there are other players wanting to trade.

Questions or comments, feel free to PM.

Reactions: coju
For reference:

So, my specific offer is the "watered down" version in post #60. We each get our own monopoly(s), build them independently, but have an agreement to refund rents to the other until a specific point in the game.

You can choose whatever side of the trade you prefer:
  • Mediterranean Avenue 1 – Leopold Stotch
  • Baltic Avenue 2 – D2DC
  • St. James Place 12 – Leopold Stotch
  • Tennessee Avenue 13 -D2DC
  • New York Avenue 14 – Leopold Stotch
  • Park Place 27 – D2DC
  • Boardwalk 28 – Leopold Stotch
1. Baltic + Park Place to you, vs St. James + NY Ave to me

Or

2. Mediterranean + Boardwalk to me, vs Tennessee to you

Now that i've written everything down and have looked properly at the board......

I am very attached to my little strip club St James. So I like option 2 in the quote here: I'll give you Med Ave and the Boardwalk, I'll take Tennesse and make it into a western male dancer club. Deal?

*sticks out hand for shake*

Reactions: D2DC
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High