Monopoly Forum Game #1 - Game Over - D2DC wins.

Can I turn St James into an exotic dancer club (FYI, there used to be a St. James in Houston, I wonder if it is still there....) (pre-edit: Holy hell, boys! It's still there and may have gotten classier?? I don't recall several of the amenities or the stage being that big. Or having a shower above the stage)
only if you....

@Leopold Stotch rolls a 9 and advances from States Avenue to Chance.

Leo draws a Chance card at random using 1D30:

1. Advance to the nearest Railroad. If unowned, you may buy it from the Bank. If owned, pay the owner twice the rental to which they are otherwise entitled
Leopold Stotch advances to BO Railroad and takes a shower.

Standard RR rent for one owned RR by the owning player is $25, Out For Blood rent = 100.

Thus, Leopold Stotch Pays Noodle $200.

End of third rotation.

End of Rotation 3 Stats:

No trades were initiated.

D2DC: $6,040.00 - $72.00 rent to Noodle, + $56.00 in rent from coju = $6,024.00

Skjolde: $5,224.00 - $40.00 to coju = $5,264.00
(plus $800.00 for passing go) = $6,064.00

coju: $5,200.00 - $56.00 to D2DC = $5,144.00

Noodle: $5,935.00 + $72.00 from D2DC - $64.00 to Leopold Stotch + $200.00 from Leopold Stotch = $6,143.00

Leopold Stotch: $5,360 + $64 in rent from Noodle - $200 to Noodle in rent = $5,224

The Bank: $76,320 - 800 = $75,520
Free Parking: $2,400.00
Houses: 32
Hotels: 12

Player Location:

D2DC: Indiana Avenue
Skjolde: Kentucky Avenue
cujo: Tennessee Avenue
Noodle: New York Avenue
Leopold Stotch: BO Railroad.

Last edited:
Rotation 4:

@D2DC rolls doubles! 2x5 for 10.

D2DD advances to Community Chest and draws a Community Chest Card via 1D30.

*You have “ Chionophobia” Pay 250. If you are Leopold Stotch, pay 500.*

D2DC pays $250.00 to the free parking pot.

D2DC rolls again, rolling a 7 and advances and lands on GO.

D2DC collects $800.00 from the bank for landing on GO.

Last edited:
@coju rolls doubles! 3+3 for a roll of 6.

coju advances to Illinois Avenue.

coju owns Illinois Avenue.

coju again rolls doubles! 3+3 = 6

coju lands on "Go to Hell"

*Coju has gone to Hell*
*coju did not pass go or collect $800.00*

Last edited:
@Noodle rolls doubles! 4+4 for a total roll of 8.

Noodle advances to Ventor Avenue.
Noodle pays Skjolde $88 in rent.

Noodle rolls doubles again! 3+3 for a total of 6.
Noodle advances to Community Chest and draws a card via 1D30:

You have “ Chionophobia” Pay 250. If you are Leopold Stotch, pay 500.

Noodle pays $250 to the Free Parking Pot.

Noodle a 4 (non doubles) for his third roll.
Noodle advances to Park Place.

Noodle pays D2DC $140 in rent.

End of Rotation 4 Stats:

No trades were initiated.

D2DC: $6,024 - $250 to free parking, + $800 for landing on GO, +$104 from Skjolde in rent, + $140 from Noodle in rent = $6,818.

Skjolde: $6,064 - $104 to D2DC in rent + $88 in rent from Noodle = $6,048

coju: $5,144 (no changes)

Noodle: $6,143 - $88 in rent to Skjolde - $250 to the Free Parking Pot - $140 to D2DC in rent = $5,665

Leopold Stotch: $5,224 + $100 = $5,324

The Bank $75,520 - $800 - $100 = $74,620
Free Parking $2,400 + $250 (D2DC) + $250 (Noodle) = $2,900

Houses: 32
Hotels: 12

Player Locations:

D2DC: GO
Skjolde: Pacific Avenue
coju: Burning in Hell
Noodle: Park Place
Leopold Stotch: Chance

Last edited:
please.gif

Start of Rotation 5:

Note: Both D2DC and Coju have notified me that they wish t trade with another player.

@D2DC rolls doubles! 5+5 for a roll of 10.
D2DC advances to "Just Visiting*

D2DC rolls 8

D2DC advances to Tennessee Avenue.
D2DC owns Tennessee Avenue.

As D2DC wishes to begin a trade with another player, the game is paused pending the trade,

• Mediterranean Avenue 1 – Leopold Stotch
  • Baltic Avenue 2 – D2DC
  • St. James Place 12 – Leopold Stotch
  • Tennessee Avenue 13 -D2DC
  • New York Avenue 14 – Leopold Stotch
  • Park Place 27 – D2DC
  • Boardwalk 28 – Leopold Stotch

@Leopold Stotch - together, we have control of three monopolies! I have two options that I will propose, and see which you prefer:

1. Straight swap - we each get a monopoly and go out separate ways. It may take a bit of balancing since we hold the cheapest (Baltic/Med), most expensive (Boardwalk/Park), and what I consider the most sought after (St. James/Tenn/NY) monopolies. Personally, I would prefer to trade for the orange ones, as they have three spaces instead of two. However, you hold 2/3 of those properties. So, even if I traded you the "more valuable" Park Place, it would be for two of your orange properties, and I would probably still have to sweeten the deal for you. Let me know what you think of option 1 and I can make a more detailed offer. Or..

2. Consortium - This would depend on how Gorny would allow this to go down. But, the basic idea is for us to form an alliance, pool our properties, build up houses/hotels together and crush our enemies! :devilish:
If holding properties in a combined trust is not permitted, one person would have to take "ownership" of each monopoly. Maybe one person holds orange, and the other person holds blue+brown. We would both contribute funds to the development of the properties, and then split the proceeds. We would also both have "immunity" from having to pay rent on consortium properties.

For example: Let's say we "trade" and you get Blue & Brown monopolies, and I get Orange. Then, we evenly develop the three monopolies: we both contribute $400 to the browns (4 houses), next $400 to orange (2 houses), next $400 to blue (1 house). We may need to alternate orange and then either blue/brown to keep things even. Because, unless Gorny allows this "commonly held" monopolies business, one of us will technically own each of the three monopolies and could screw the other person at any time by just walking away from the deal after the other player helped develop their properties. As long as we develop them evenly, I hope that will take away your incentive to do so.. :p

• Angry
Reactions: coju
Since the rule set is "out for blood", there are no alliances.

• Angry
Reactions: coju
In that case, my specific, "watered down" proposal for option 2 would be:

• We trade monopolies, Baltic + Park Place to you and St James + NY to me
  • We each develop them independently (spending our own money to build houses).
  • We have an agreement to NOT charge each other rent on these properties. Gorny will probably not allow this and will automatically make each of us pay the rent when landing on each other's property. However, we can agree to reimburse each other through trading/gifting the rent money back to the other player. This of course could be abused at any time should one of us decide not to hold up to this part of the agreement.
  • If we are not developing the properties jointly, we don't split the proceeds from other players landing on them. You keep whatever you get on blue+brown, and I keep whatever I get on orange.
We still could do the joint development/splitting rent. It would just require a lot more gifting money back and forth to develop everything, and then even more gifting every time we collect rent on one of the properties.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High