MFO Summer 2021 Signups and Running Thread

Hype hype, go go!

Started running with Pit Berserker, just over 50 runs in. Setup unchanged since last year, typical new school OP stuff with HLW.
Shako Cham
HLW
Enigma MP
Grief (393)
180 MF PB
Arachnid Mesh
50 MF WT
30/74 Nagel
40 MF magic ring
40 MF Chance Guards

Hoto/Wizzy (Ist) switch

Merc: Insight GT, Cham'ed Andy, 60 IAS/45 ED/37demon ED jeweled armor

MF charms mostly with dmg/AR, AR, mana, CR, LR

FI/MF is at 55% FI (no BC cast) and 745/595 (unique MF 187/176).

Setup is pretty much all set in stone now except more useful secondary charm stats.... and bringing myself to make a 4x RJoF Merc armor. :D

Jumped in pretty much cold, and definitely a bit rusty :cautious: runs are several seconds slower than during last year's MFO.

Aiming for a minimum of 500 Pit Berserker runs and then we'll see what I feel like, maybe switch to AT with FB/Blizzard Sorc or Berserk/Conc Barb. The Sorc in particular is super comfortable/autopilot with the Phoenix setup, really liking it especially for longer MF sessions.

Where has all the trash talk gone? Is everyone busy doing runs or simply not finding anything?

So, any use for this precious?

Code:
     Corruption Gyre
Ring
     Required Level: 48
     Fingerprint: 0x818a9d1c
     Item Level: 85
     Version: Expansion 1.10+
     Unidentified
Adds 4 - 1 Damage
     +99 to Attack Rating
     6% Life stolen per hit
     +7 Maximum Stamina
     All Resistances +8

I guess I have to stop now for some time after 3300 AT runs and get some rest.

Wait, did I say 3300? Sorry, there might be a typo in it...😬

Ran for about 5 hours so far, slowly but surely getting into the groove. Now 340 runs in, averaging 54.8s and 8.51 bosses per run. Roughly one qualifer every 10 runs or so, with 37 so far. No non-qualifiers to speak of really but I don't pick many of those, basically just rings, Assassin claws and certain runes (Pul+ & Ral).

Hi All! Please remember to send your first-weekend updates when you finish playing on Sunday. I've received two already, so thanks to the folks who already sent. Ideally, please format as follows, and you can just reply to that PM for the first-week update and final results:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Category: A85
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

Team W.O.L.F.
Babyhell, Pit runner

sunniva-myster-zaboras-cave-by-sunimo-d6r18ed.jpg
Credits/Image owner on artstation

Well on my side, things have started to kick. 256 runs done before a possible evening session to complete this first week end.

The qualifiers ratio is pretty good, with one per less than 10 runs (32 stashed). But well, runs take a while, it is now getting down towards the minute, but the average is a bit under 89 secs.

My target is 500+ runs for this MFO, considering that I may not have as much available time than I thought for the last week end.

One noticeable find so far is the couple S & U of Occulus and Tal's weap, the latter being a 222 one <3. Runewise, couple of Lems and a Gul [Edit evening session: and a Ber granted by my merc!].

Hopefully I'll get some grailers...I have yet to find one for now!

GL to everyone in my team!

Aaa-oooooooh!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kartongen and Grisu
Been busy -- either running or failing to convince myself to run.

@PhineasB, @jjscud, @John Remedy: Good to squad up! No doubt Team ? will be fighting with everything we've got for one of the podium spots. 😎

Personal goals for this year's MFO:
- Run for a minimum of 30 hours
- Nab six grailers (started out at -36)

So far? It's been decent. One qualifier for every 20-ish runs in a short AT map. Don't feel like I'm on a winner's pace, but it's early and I'm still waiting for a solid stroke of luck. I'm liking my map less and less as I play. Can't bring myself to reroll it, though. From the golden chest, I've popped a Skullder's and a pair of 40% Chancies (my first!, which I equipped immediately). It's screaming at me that it loves MF. Prove it to me, map!

Planning on another session tonight, after which I'll send my first update.

Here's a few little things I've gotten in the interim.
First facet's a grailer, and the last facet type needed! Yay!

Screenshot088.jpg

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x307e7e25
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+4% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xfa8a39c6
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xf3f8408c
+38 to Life
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

Entrapping Grand Charm of Blight
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xe268e02a
+6 poison damage over 3 seconds
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x9fafb1d8
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xabfe436a
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Lenymo
Sash
Defense: 2
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 7
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6f27e2d5
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 30%
All Resistances +5
+1 to Light Radius

I may or may not have been playing Genshin instead since patch 2.1 dropped last week. Just think of it as me being completely confident I'll win if/when I do ever start running seriously. Enjoy the head start while you can! Hopefully that satisfies my trashtalking quota.

froz supplied poisonmancer as the build of choice for this MFO. Grip says /p5 is best, so I'm contractually obligated to do /p7 out of spite. Hoping to put in about 50 hours. Early returns have been fairly mediocre, but that's kind of expected all things considered. On the bright side, it makes for fun and relaxing runs compared to trying to make super precise AT runs. I guess when your efficiency is going to suck no matter what, you kind of stop caring about it and take it easy.

Reactions: Trim and ffs
@Nagisa In case it's not on your radar, there's this new run counter that can track individual boss/champions and overall monster kills. If you don't mind downloading and running with it, that would be awesome, at least I (and I reckon others here) would be curious to see the data from your runs. I want to do this myself with Nova Sorc and possibly PN Necro as well at some point.

Thing is people mostly focus on boss/champion packs, probably with good reason (in particular Tyrael's). But killing larger quantities of normal monsters with AoE builds such as PN Necro or Nova Sorc can add up significantly. There just hasn't been a tool to properly track and test all this in the past, but now there is with the run counter.

User Owlie on the old forums used Fabian's original MF spreadsheet and expanded it to this very useful tool that factors in minion/normal kills as well as bosses/champions. Based purely on playing around with the spreadsheet, AoE builds could get rather close to single-target-focused MF at least when looking for things like Griffon's, Fathom, DWeb etc. and not caring so much about Tyrael's (which cannot drop from normals). In some scenarios I checked, the break even point is around ~15 minions killed in addition to each boss pack, ofc that changes depending on exact parameters (MF, run times, boss number etc.).

I suspect it's not quite possible to actually beat the best typical Pit/AT runners, but I do believe it's closer than generally assumed so far. Indeed not sure about P7 though :) probably P5 or P3 are best choices based on playing around with the MF spreadsheet.

Finally back home. Should be able to start running tomorrow. Would start today, but the liquid remedy for my painful toe prevents it.

First 3 Days Update – Pindle+ and A85 Categories

All updates are in except a few A85 ones! Thanks to everyone who submitted so quickly, and I can update if others come in. It should be quite a battle in all three categories over the next week!

Pindle+
We have a clear leader but not out of sight of the rest of the runners, by any means. One big drop could swing things, so lots to watch over the last week! Current rankings (without information about point totals) is in the spoiler.

1.Vildecor
2. Swamigoon
3. jjscud

A85
Last year’s winner is out to a strong start but there is a tight cluster of four within 1-2 points of each other and within striking distance of the leader. There is lots of room for improvement and movement up the leaderboard for our competitors! Current rankings (without information about point totals) is in the spoiler. (Edit: @Nano spotting, sneakily slipping into second.)

1. Nagisa
2. Nano
3. ffs
4. Trim
5. Babyhell
6. Grisu
7. Albatross
8. John Remedy
9. Apila, queenEm, saracen85, Nano (no scores reported)

Baal
Well, all three of us have points? It’s an epically non-epic start to the Baal category this year :) Almost any drop could alter the standings!
1. PhineasB
2. maxicek
3. Pb_pal

Last edited:
Team W.O.L.F.
Babyhell, Pit runner

Current counter status. Running time is getting down slowly now, but still.
OKFJLVD.png

40 qualifiers, Pul, Um, Gul, Ber.

Waiting for the biggies tho :-/

Aaa-oooooooh!

Reactions: PhineasB
@Nagisa In case it's not on your radar, there's this new run counter that can track individual boss/champions and overall monster kills. If you don't mind downloading and running with it, that would be awesome, at least I (and I reckon others here) would be curious to see the data from your runs. I want to do this myself with Nova Sorc and possibly PN Necro as well at some point.

I gave it a try. I have no basis for comparison, but here's the data of my first 100 run sample. I'll continue and collate all the data after MFO maybe. Note that I have "end run in menu" on, since it helps me poke at my gacha games between runs, so you'll have to add about 2 seconds or so of load times. My runs are pretty mediocre, but hopefully the numbers help a little.

lyVpCAw_d.webp

KkGggJQ_d.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: ffs
I forgot about the mid-tournament updates- sent now. I'm splitting time between Pit and AT, but most likely will ditch AT Blizz since that map is quite bad and I'm tired of map searching at this point. The Pit map isn't great either but the route is easy to run at the very least..

Reactions: PhineasB
A bit late, but just sent my mid-tourney update. Hope I'm going through the process correctly.

@Nagisa good stuff, as expected it's probably not quite enough to make up for boss/sec metrics that other chars get, but not much worse at all. Does your map have a couple of nicely populated Devilkin "camp" areas?

I rolled something along those lines a Nova Sorc and a PN Necro, I'll have to do some testing with them at some point, although it might have to wait until after MFO.

I pushed a bit the last few days because I won't be able to do much of any running until the weekend. Up to 635 runs now with Pit Berserker.

Data from first 500 runs:

Berserker 1.png
That's with the "new standard" setup like this:
Shako Cham
Enigma
Grief PB
180 MF PB
HLW
Arach
Chancies
WT
40 MF ring
Nagel

Then I wanted to finally properly test LoH. Swapped them in for Chance Guards, with this result over the next 135 runs:

Berserker 2.png

After switching to that setup with slightly lower MF, of course the game immediately trolled me hard with blue items such as 3x Sacred Armors, 2x Unearthed Wands and 1x Archon Staff. But hey, we're not superstitious and trust in numbers, right? :D

On a serious note, so far to me this confirms the gloves are basically interchangeable. I did experience worse S&E lag with LoH, but partially that may also be down to the slightly lower boss density rather than just faster demon kills (fewer bosses = faster runs = worse S&E issues). I'll continue to run with that for a while and see how the numbers develop. I do think that for people with <55s runs that do not have major S&E problems, LoH may have a slight edge over Chancies.

Reactions: Nano
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High