Mafia game thread

I did have the save, and the save choice is obvious in the story. I didn't say I had the save right off the bat just in case the cycling theory had any sort of merrit yet (even if it doesn't using basic statistics there is less of a chance of receiving the power twice in a row), and knowing who had the save last night only benefits the mafia harry.

I am wondering why no Beth has come forward with who they saved? I also find it interesting that there wasn't a mention of a Beth save last night in the story.

So I see this playing out two ways. Way number 1 is most probable and already mentioned by Zokar.

1.One Harry mafia left. Now as to who it is, we have to think about why one would not send in a kill. Laarz and I had no reason to not kill anyone because we know it would be desparation anyway. Parphis had the block so he held the cards. He still should have blocked me and sent in a kill and blamed Laarz, but maybe he was afraid of getting tracked.

At the beginning of yesterday, I thought that Laarz and Phar were 50/50 for being mafia. The only reason I didn't have Phar as 100% mafia was because of how loose and gullible he had played the day Flub got lynched. After yesterday, I now put it at 80/20 in favor of lynching Phar first. I agree with Zokar tracking Pharphis, nice choice. After Phar's claim today it is now 95/5. So on that note.

Vote: Pharphis

2. One Harry mafia and one non-Harry mafia. The other reason to not send in a kill (other than framing someone) would be if a character was not known to be mafia got it. If this is the situation, I think Laarz is more likely to be the mafia Harry than Pharphis. I think this is less likely than just one mafia left and a Pharphis lynch makes the most sense today.

If Pharphis turns town, I think this is very likely with Laarz and a Beth are still hanging around as mafia.

Underlined.

Why 95/5 because of my claim?

You think there is a Beth mafia as well? (assuming I'm town). Why Beth?

First: Laarz, do you think it's me or TF that are scum? I don't recall actually reading a defense or better choice than yourself.
---
Going on the train of thought of potential hiding scum. . .

If mafia knew at game start that they would be assigned who gets the kill randomly, and if they had 6 people, they could have been lucky with being able to hide someone. Let me try to explain.

We'll pretend there are 2 Beth mafia this game, though I'm not suggesting that is or isn't the case.
1) Mafia know kill assignments are random
2) They know they have more than one Beth and Harry so they try to hide behind that (Remember CG stating the idea of 1 mafia per name? Val later distancing himself by saying that wasn't balanced)
3) When one of the Beths have been killed, they instruct the other not to place any kills until end of the game, hoping the names will throw the town's play off
4) profit?

Actually, this train of thought brought up an interesting point. On the other hand, let's assume there is only the mafia Harry left? If that were me I'm pretty sure I would just not kill after that point and hope the town doesn't return to me. It would be a big gamble, but if there was only one mafia left calling yourself out by placing a kill (ie harry previously) ensures you lose. So. . .

Does this mean there is another mafia member out there? Did they not place the kill last night BECAUSE it was the other member's turn?
Let me know what details I'm missing here.

Unvote: Laarz
Vote: pharphis

Now it's 2/2 Laarz/pharphis lets see if any of the lurkers pop in... hmm...

^Nope.

I had a funny idea that might prove to be a sad way to deal with a hidden character, assuming we kill the mafia harry and still have enough people. . .

Don't lynch until we know who the killer is :p
Oh dear. What a lame game that would be

Nope, completely different since I limited it down to one character, lol...But seriously, were pretty much at a standstill. We know one of the harrys is mafia, but no definative answer on which since he decided to be a smart *** and not send a kill.

Then again, pharphis was the first one to mention that strategy so maybe he was refering to himself in that post...

Well if we want more tinfoil....

Pharphis was the first Harry to post his role PM, Val was the last. What if on the first night the two talked about it and decided it was worth the risk for one of them to come out early and for the second one to wait it out until the last one. This would provide distance between the two claims and cover for the second player just in case the early pm reveal blew up in his face....

uhhuh, yep... totally!

Or Laarz wasn't willing to post his pm because it sounded scummy, but I was daring and handsome enough to do so early on so that the town would think twice about just hunting for Harrys. My pm didn't say I was mafia, and at the time it sounded pretty scummy.

I always wonder what the dead thread is up to, and how angry they are at our silliness :p

Yeah, it's great. You get a nice mix of scum and town, the scum usually lets the town sit on it and think until later on, and of the few I've been in/read, it was pretty funny. They're normally provided after the game is over.

I think we're also waiting on pcm and pyro and. . .?

Yeah, I'm waiting to make my decision. I've been trying to weigh in vote history and past posts to determine which one is more likely. Sometimes going back to the basics is the easiest way to determine who is the person you are actually looking for.

Yeah, it's great. You get a nice mix of scum and town, the scum usually lets the town sit on it and think until later on, and of the few I've been in/read, it was pretty funny. They're normally provided after the game is over.

I think we're also waiting on pcm and pyro and. . .?

pyro laarz pcm

Or Laarz wasn't willing to post his pm because it sounded scummy, but I was daring and handsome enough to do so early on so that the town would think twice about just hunting for Harrys. My pm didn't say I was mafia, and at the time it sounded pretty scummy.

I always wonder what the dead thread is up to, and how angry they are at our silliness :p

I like how you threw handsome in there, too. I seem to remember one of Val's downfalls was having inside knowledge of the Beth role pm. I think the sharing of the pms first is a little scummy this time, especially since you haven't been first at anything else all game.

First: Laarz, do you think it's me or TF that are scum? I don't recall actually reading a defense or better choice than yourself.
---
Going on the train of thought of potential hiding scum. . .

If mafia knew at game start that they would be assigned who gets the kill randomly, and if they had 6 people, they could have been lucky with being able to hide someone. Let me try to explain.

We'll pretend there are 2 Beth mafia this game, though I'm not suggesting that is or isn't the case.
1) Mafia know kill assignments are random
2) They know they have more than one Beth and Harry so they try to hide behind that (Remember CG stating the idea of 1 mafia per name? Val later distancing himself by saying that wasn't balanced)
3) When one of the Beths have been killed, they instruct the other not to place any kills until end of the game, hoping the names will throw the town's play off
4) profit?

Actually, this train of thought brought up an interesting point. On the other hand, let's assume there is only the mafia Harry left? If that were me I'm pretty sure I would just not kill after that point and hope the town doesn't return to me. It would be a big gamble, but if there was only one mafia left calling yourself out by placing a kill (ie harry previously) ensures you lose. So. . .

Does this mean there is another mafia member out there? Did they not place the kill last night BECAUSE it was the other member's turn?
Let me know what details I'm missing here.

To answer your question Ph,Up until this day,franklin seemed more scum like to me, but when you came in with the block claim, then voted me right off, it seems to me that you are fine with a lynch of a harry as long as its one of the other harry's, tho in all fairness, if I had the block and blocked you or franklin, I would have probablly felt the same.

I really can't tell. I'm nervous about choosing between the two, and I think one more vote locks them? So I don't want to be the guy who locks before there has been sufficient argument. Day ends at 5 EST? I'll be around before then, I'll make sure of it.

Basically, at this point the mafia has enacted the only move they can, but at the same time the most powerful move they can. By not sending a kill, which is really the only thing that could have happened, they removed all chance of us being able to figure out anything. They've got to be hoping for a mislynch, and I don't want to be the guy that hands it to them. I agree with you guys, it's got to be between Laarz and ph for today's lynch. I just don't know which.

Unvote: Pharphis

Going to look overvotig records. Reading what Laarz said about Flub's lynch might switch me back to Laarz.

I also won't be around for day's end, because I'll be in a lab for the 3 hours beforehand. Still, I don't see my vote going anywhere else so that's fine. If you've got any final questions for me try to place them before that. I might be able to read them but Tuesdays are by far my busiest days.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High