Mafia game thread

Aww thanks guys :D

:guiness::guiness::guiness: for everybody!

I absolutely learned a hell of a lot this first go around. Some things to do and not to do... very fun either way.

Well, when promised a different game, you sure delivered Sath. From what I see, the game came down to a few things:

1) Town did some very good scum hunting.
2) Mafia didn't figure out the game mechanics

I admit that I was worried about balance at first (and commented on it), but once I learned how everything worked, I think the balance was pretty good. Mafia had it hard with the stories telling everything they did, but town power roles were pretty weak. I think I was just jaded coming out of the last game I played as mafia where we were at a disadvantage, I apologize and will try to hold off on judgement until I actually know the whole story next time.

Anyways, amazing stories Sath. I admit I am worried about playing any further games you host in the future - I got my concussion the same night Beth entered the sphere and became recruited. You know how stressful that made the day I got lynched?! Anyways, thanks for the effort you put into the game!

Also, props to SI for amazing analysis on pretty much every mafia. Also well done Zokar, I kept forgetting you had not done this before, you acted like a veteran.

Still regret not killing off SI that one night we had the chance.

Also, I do wonder how the story would have reflected the death of a role or the complete death of a character. You have anything special planned for that Sath?

Aww thanks guys :D

:guiness::guiness::guiness: for everybody!

I absolutely learned a hell of a lot this first go around. Some things to do and not to do... very fun either way.

You did a really good job Zokar.

I admit that I was worried about balance at first (and commented on it), but once I learned how everything worked, I think the balance was pretty good. Mafia had it hard with the stories telling everything they did, but town power roles were pretty weak. I think I was just jaded coming out of the last game I played as mafia where we were at a disadvantage, I apologize and will try to hold off on judgement until I actually know the whole story next time.

You had it hard last game? you atleast had 4 players (with the potential of 5). Our team had 3, with a roleblock that didn't work :) (J/K).

Solar had an awesome game as well, I think I need to start taking notes in these games rather than relying on my memory .....

Good game and congrats to....me! I mean the town...

And thanks for lynching me! Don't think I've been lynched on D1 since my first game :p I still think pharph's pm was scum city USA though, but I guess I should have given it more of a chance.

You had it hard last game? you atleast had 4 players (with the potential of 5). Our team had 3, with a roleblock that didn't work :) (J/K).

And yeah, we could have had 5, if the one person who had a one shot recruit got the one person in a 25 person game who could be recruited :p But yeah, I did not say hardest. You guys definitely had it worse.

great game everybody!

amazing job zokar too

Sorry i played slightly worse that a dead fish, will be much better next time when i have more time to devote to the game, i most likely won't play in the next game for this reason too.

great game everybody!

amazing job zokar too

Sorry i played slightly worse that a dead fish, will be much better next time when i have more time to devote to the game, i most likely won't play in the next game for this reason too.

To be honest Male it really felt like you weren't reading the thread at all. One thing I would suggest is that as you read through the thread to quote things people said and add commentary on them. Multi-quote is a very good tool for this.

Okay, been a long day and i'm tired, but I'm glad the game is over.

Before I forget, I want to agree with whoever it was that said Zokar played like a veteran in my eyes.
I did the opposite :p
Laarz, you had me guessing a bit about whether TF was scum, even, so you did the best you could in your situation I think.

I too need to start taking notes and quoting things more that I want to talk about. There was just too much to keep track of for me, as I'm totally overwhelmed with school already. For this reason I'll be sitting out the next game or few.

Loved the stories. I was curious about what a character death would be like, and was somewhat hoping we would have one for this reason. . . :p (don't lynch me!)

Time for bed I think

Very nice game and once again, good job, Zokar and the rest of the Town!

@ Gwahir: Thanks mate. :tongue:

@ Sathoris: What would the ending look like had the Mafia won? Would you have changed it to them not escaping or would yu have written a completely different story?

I am greatly looking forward to the next game :yes:

Sathoris said:

Night 8
Pancakeman has received the doctor ability and protected no one

Night 9
Pyrotechnician has received the doctor ability and protected no one
PCM was blocked on Night 8 hence he did not protect anyone? Or chose not to?

Pyro did not protect anyone at all on N9? Or since Laarz was blocked/did not submit NK, it shows up that way?

@ Laarz: Did you intentionally not submit a kill last Night, to cause some Town confusion? :p

Also, I do wonder how the story would have reflected the death of a role or the complete death of a character. You have anything special planned for that Sath?

There would definitely be a special bit were that to happen, but luckily I don't need to stress about the stories anymore, haha.

@ Sathoris: What would the ending look like had the Mafia won? Would you have changed it to them not escaping or would yu have written a completely different story?

I would have followed the book and let the mafia fake their 'forgetting' and let the power escape.

PCM was blocked on Night 8 hence he did not protect anyone? Or chose not to?

Pyro did not protect anyone at all on N9? Or since Laarz was blocked/did not submit NK, it shows up that way?

@ Laarz: Did you intentionally not submit a kill last Night, to cause some Town confusion? :p

PCM didn't submit a save but was blocked anyway. Pyro didn't submit a save either. I figured people would eventually not have enough time to check their PMs in 24 hours, but it only happened 4 times out of 30.

Sath, any chance that you could reveal the Mafia QT? I am thoroughly itching to read it! :yes:

PCM didn't submit a save but was blocked anyway. Pyro didn't submit a save either. I figured people would eventually not have enough time to check their PMs in 24 hours, but it only happened 4 times out of 30.

But I did submit a save....its in my sent box?

I think my theory was actually right on that one, if he tried to kill he thought he would have been caught since he was the most likely person to be tracked so he took a gamble hoping for a mislynch instead.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High