Mafia game thread

I still propose we go for Laarz, seeing as several of us thought he was the best Harry to start with yesterday, and that my block may have worked. I say may because it's hard to tell whether the story implies that I blocked him or he just didn't do anything.

Am I allowed to like the new zokar more than the old one?

Can we vote the above post: post of the game?

with a spelling mistake to top it off!

Vote: Laarz

i believe that if Laarz is the last scum and we lock him then sath will end the game early?

sorry for being so terrible this game, RL really punched me in the face and i just haven't been in the mood. I may or may not play in the next game because of exams but i am looking forward to playing again in the future. (with much more attentiveness)

@TF: I meant that if the last mafia simply doesn't vote they can buy themselves time and possibly lynched townies. We have to be super careful here. But I agree, at the moment a Laarz lynch doesn't seem so bad. We need to hear his defense, though.

Now that I'm a bit less drunk:

We have the following:

TownA
TownB
TownC
TownD

HarryA
HarryB
HarryC

Assume: 1 mafia, 6 town, Town(?) = town, HarryA = town, HarryB = town, HarryC = mafia.

Theory: HarryC kills only from Town group.

Result:

Current (1 mafia 6 town)
Lynch HarryA, NightKill TownA (1 mafia 4 town)
Lynch HarryB, NightKill TownB (1 mafia 2 town)
Lynch HarryC (0 mafia 2 town) game over, town wins.

Theory: HarryC kills only from Harry group.

Result:

Current (1 mafia, 6 town)
Lynch HarryA, NightKill HarryB (1 mafia 4 town)
Lynch HarryC (0 mafia 4 town) game over, town wins.

Theory: HarryC kills first from Harry group then from Town group.

Result:

(Same as HarryC killing form only Harry group.)

Theory: HarryC kills first from town group then from Harry group.

Result:

Lynch HarryB, NightKill HarryC (0 mafia 3 town) game over, town wins.

(or, since HarryC is unlikely to kill himself...)

Lynch HarryB, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 3 town)
Lynch HarryC (0 mafia, 3 town) game over, town wins.

Theory: HarryC decides to never kill again.

Result:

Lynch HarryA, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 5 town)
Lynch HarryB, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 4 town)

Conclusion: Town wins no matter how HarryC decides to play.

Suggestion: Lynch Laarz. Lynch pharphis. Lynch thefranklin.

Remark: Town wins no matter what HarryC decides to do. To save the town a drawn out game, I suggest tonight HarryC send a kill order for himself so we can end this a few days early.

Good night folks.

Also, a quick note on roles since somebody might ask...

Tracking and watching have limited impact in the above scenarios. At best one *might* be able to short circuit the process and get to the killer faster, but since none of the scenarios end in mafia win, the conclusion is that the two power are not relevant anymore. Similarly since the doc role is played by town, that only has an impact on extending town lives. But, also similarly, since there are no mafia win scenarios, this role is also now no longer relevant. This leaves just the blocker. If the blocker is in the hands of a town member, then the town member will use it on a Harry member. The only impact that would have is to prevent a kill which extends the town lives which is not needed. If the blocker is in the hands of the mafia member, then he can block whatever he wants as they have all just been show to be irrelevant to the final outcome.

Given the above, I no longer intend on declaring who I track. For the sake of the game, I will submit a tracking order every night (as long as I am alive) but it is not needed. I hope everybody else submits a PM for their perspective roles as well, if only for the sake of the game at this point.

Mafia... give up. It's time to end this, you have no other play.

Good night for real this time ;)

Zokar, you are getting really confident. Rule #1 of mafia, never get over confident, or is that rule 55, bah who knows. Rule #2 of mafia, mafia never give up (unless your CG and you feel your wasting everyones time by not doing so).

Zokar, you are getting really confident. Rule #1 of mafia, never get over confident, or is that rule 55, bah who knows. Rule #2 of mafia, mafia never give up (unless your CG and you feel your wasting everyones time by not doing so).

Either I am right and we win or I'm wrong and mafia Harry has somehow managed to hide as another character and deserves to win for one hell of a ruse. Either way, **** the rules!

I still propose we go for Laarz, seeing as several of us thought he was the best Harry to start with yesterday, and that my block may have worked. I say may because it's hard to tell whether the story implies that I blocked him or he just didn't do anything.

Continue to hedge your bets Ph and you will go far.

i dont care, is he gult? **** him let him die i g?ess

If **** is what I think it is, I just lost some respect for you,bird man.

with a spelling mistake to top it off!

Vote: Laarz

i believe that if Laarz is the last scum and we lock him then sath will end the game early?

sorry for being so terrible this game, RL really punched me in the face and i just haven't been in the mood. I may or may not play in the next game because of exams but i am looking forward to playing again in the future. (with much more attentiveness)

another bet hedger.

Now that I'm a bit less drunk:

We have the following:

TownA
TownB
TownC
TownD

HarryA
HarryB
HarryC

Assume: 1 mafia, 6 town, Town(?) = town, HarryA = town, HarryB = town, HarryC = mafia.

Theory: HarryC kills only from Town group.

Result:

Current (1 mafia 6 town)
Lynch HarryB, NightKill TownB (1 mafia 2 town)
Lynch HarryC (0 mafia 2 town) game over, town wins.

Theory: HarryC kills only from Harry group.

Result:

Theory: HarryC kills first from Harry group then from Town group.

Result:

(Same as HarryC killing form only Harry group.)

Theory: HarryC kills first from town group then from Harry group.

Result:

Lynch HarryB, NightKill HarryC (0 mafia 3 town) game over, town wins.

(or, since HarryC is unlikely to kill himself...)

Lynch HarryB, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 3 town)
Lynch HarryC (0 mafia, 3 town) game over, town wins.

Theory: HarryC decides to never kill again.

Result:

Lynch HarryA, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 5 town)
Lynch HarryB, NightKill nobody (1 mafia 4 town)

Conclusion: Town wins no matter how HarryC decides to play.

Suggestion: Lynch Laarz. Lynch pharphis. Lynch thefranklin.

Remark: Town wins no matter what HarryC decides to do. To save the town a drawn out game, I suggest tonight HarryC send a kill order for himself so we can end this a few days early.

Good night folks.

Now this makes sense, the town can't lose, I like how you use the alphbet to decide who to lynch.

Also, a quick note on roles since somebody might ask...

Tracking and watching have limited impact in the above scenarios. At best one *might* be able to short circuit the process and get to the killer faster, but since none of the scenarios end in mafia win, the conclusion is that the two power are not relevant anymore. Similarly since the doc role is played by town, that only has an impact on extending town lives. But, also similarly, since there are no mafia win scenarios, this role is also now no longer relevant. This leaves just the blocker. If the blocker is in the hands of a town member, then the town member will use it on a Harry member. The only impact that would have is to prevent a kill which extends the town lives which is not needed. If the blocker is in the hands of the mafia member, then he can block whatever he wants as they have all just been show to be irrelevant to the final outcome.

Given the above, I no longer intend on declaring who I track. For the sake of the game, I will submit a tracking order every night (as long as I am alive) but it is not needed. I hope everybody else submits a PM for their perspective roles as well, if only for the sake of the game at this point.

Mafia... give up. It's time to end this, you have no other play.

Good night for real this time ;)

If you didn't track me last night, you weren't thinking smart, and I understand why you don't want to say who you tracked.

This I agree with pryo, over confidence and assumptions can come back and bite you in the ***.

If **** is what I think it is, I just lost some respect for you,bird man.

I don't have anything to say to the other parts of your post, but this I think warrants a reply.

This is now twice that I have posted in an unacceptable fashion that has been dictated by my RL personal frustrations over a situation that has been bothering me. I am letting my frustration spill over into this game. To the two people who have been on the receiving end of my insults, I sincerely apologize. It's not fair, it's not right, and I should be more disciplined and respectful that I have been. I'm sorry to both of you.

Either I am right and we win or I'm wrong and mafia Harry has somehow managed to hide as another character and deserves to win for one hell of a ruse. Either way, **** the rules!

I in no way believe that a mafia harry is hiding as another character. However, on the off chance that there is actually 6 mafia (highly unlikely) we should continue to use our powers appropriately until the game has ended. There is no reason to not continue playing in the correct manner.

If you didn't track me last night, you weren't thinking smart, and I understand why you don't want to say who you tracked.

I too am interested in who Zokar tracked for the sake of knowing, but I don't think it will affect who we lynch since according to the story nobody did anything. Are you trying to cast doubt on Zokar, Laarz?

No,but after yesterday the logical person to track was me, if he did track me,why not say so.

I in no way believe that a mafia harry is hiding as another character. However, on the off chance that there is actually 6 mafia (highly unlikely) we should continue to use our powers appropriately until the game has ended. There is no reason to not continue playing in the correct manner.

I said as much, that I intend to use my powers as long as I am still alive and I think for the sake of the game it would be prudent for others to do the same.

I too am interested in who Zokar tracked for the sake of knowing, but I don't think it will affect who we lynch since according to the story nobody did anything. Are you trying to cast doubt on Zokar, Laarz?

No,but after yesterday the logical person to track was me, if he did track me,why not say so.

I did not track you. I gambled and hoped somebody else would get the blocker power and block you. I tracked pharphis. You are the easy target, too easy. I figured that's how everybody else would play, so I went fishing on the off chance I'd catch something.

I am wondering why no Beth has come forward with who they saved? I also find it interesting that there wasn't a mention of a Beth save last night in the story.

So I see this playing out two ways. Way number 1 is most probable and already mentioned by Zokar.

1.One Harry mafia left. Now as to who it is, we have to think about why one would not send in a kill. Laarz and I had no reason to not kill anyone because we know it would be desparation anyway. Parphis had the block so he held the cards. He still should have blocked me and sent in a kill and blamed Laarz, but maybe he was afraid of getting tracked.

At the beginning of yesterday, I thought that Laarz and Phar were 50/50 for being mafia. The only reason I didn't have Phar as 100% mafia was because of how loose and gullible he had played the day Flub got lynched. After yesterday, I now put it at 80/20 in favor of lynching Phar first. I agree with Zokar tracking Pharphis, nice choice. After Phar's claim today it is now 95/5. So on that note.

Vote: Pharphis

2. One Harry mafia and one non-Harry mafia. The other reason to not send in a kill (other than framing someone) would be if a character was not known to be mafia got it. If this is the situation, I think Laarz is more likely to be the mafia Harry than Pharphis. I think this is less likely than just one mafia left and a Pharphis lynch makes the most sense today.

If Pharphis turns town, I think this is very likely with Laarz and a Beth are still hanging around as mafia.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High